PDA

View Full Version : Review of Without Warning on XBA!

Highlite23
12-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Check out the reviwew of Capcoms Without Warning (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/staff_reviews/view_xbox.php?Product_ID=1032) here at XBA!

hebgbz
12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I have not seen this game anywhere. Anyone know if it is out yet?

FB-Gollum
12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Oh jesus christ, who is writing these reviews? 4.5 for gameplay? The controls are sloppy. This game is terrible bottom of the barrel rushed out schlock and you gave it 90%? This isn't opinion, whoever wrote this doesn't know enough about games to be writing reviews. I'm dead serious. I've read a few reviews here I thought were overly generous. Often I've questioned the motives of reviews here (are they trying to impress someone or win favour?) but this just slams it home. Don't believe this, the game is crap.

Highlite23
12-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Gollum, you did a great job there stating your opinion, which is what the reviewer did...state there opinion. In the end the only opinion that counts is that of the person with the controls in their hands.

And just for the record, we aren't trying to draw favors from anyone, but you are welcome to hop on over to the member review (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/released.php?Product_ID=1032) page and submit "Your" opinion of the game, I would be interested in reading the details of why you feel its not deserving so I can make a more educated choice regarding this game. :)

FB-Gollum
12-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Gollum, you did a great job there stating your opinion, which is what the reviewer did...state there opinion. In the end the only opinion that counts is that of the person with the controls in their hands.

And just for the record, we aren't trying to draw favors from anyone, but you are welcome to hop on over to the member review (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/released.php?Product_ID=1032) page and submit "Your" opinion of the game, I would be interested in reading the details of why you feel its not deserving so I can make a more educated choice regarding this game. :)

Ok, that was an excellent political response, so I'll be civil too. Sorry if I was overly harsh, I have a habit of that you may have noticed. The game controls are not opinion. There's is a measurable tactile value here. Comparing it to other 3rd person shooting games it is very obvious (and capcom is notorious for this) the control is substandard. Given there is a subjective nature to this, but it isn't unilateral. It's like how we can argue if Lemieux or Gretzky is better, and it's opinion, but no one is going to claim Sean Avery is anywhere near that league.

As for writing a member review, I'll save my opinions for games that deserve to be played. I'm not oging ot take the time to lambast schlock until it personally offends me (like UFC 2 did). If you would like me to write reviews, my chequing account number is...

Anyhoo, seriously, for this site to flourish beyond where it is, it needs to be a reliable source for gamers to come for information. Anyone who goes out and buys that game thinking it kicks ass is never going to come to this site for info again or trust a review here unless it's verified by other sources. It's in your own best interest to up the standard.

Highlite23
12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Anyone who goes out and buys that game thinking it kicks ass is never going to come to this site for info again or trust a review here unless it's verified by other sources

I dissagree, because, and I'll state it again, reviews, regardless of were they come from are opinion. Believe it or not someone out there thought Kabuki Warriors was a great game, and Halo sucked.

Now, the mainstream knows different, but it still doesn't change the fact that we are talking about opinions.

And please don't get me wrong, I enjoy these types of discussions. Thats what a fan site is supposed to be about, exchanging ideas and opinions, so please don't think i'm just disagreeing with you because I help run the joint.

PS. I am the king of diplomacy. ;)

CoLoXBoXFReaK
12-08-2005, 10:44 PM
I saw a demo of this game and was pretty pleased with it. I might have to go pick it up soon. Any word on 360 compatiblity?

BoogerBoy
12-09-2005, 01:40 AM
I played the demo and liked it. Nice review ;)