PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to use old Xbox controller with 360?

The Last Knight
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
OK. 360 controller go for about $50 each. But I have 4 old xbox controllers (one wirelss one that i in fact like better than the 360 controller). Adaptors for xbox controllers TO PC (which use usb like 360) go for about $20. So I save a total of $130 dollars by not buying all new 360 controllers and just using my old ones with the adaptor.

Thing is though, im not sure if the adaptor for the PC will work with the 360. Has anyone here tried this yet? I wanna know before I try either way. :confused:

killerscott
12-06-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm fairly sure it doesnt work. not sure. but 360 only accomodates 2 non-wireless controllers anyway. The wired controllers are $40. The wireless ones are $50.

The Last Knight
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm fairly sure it doesnt work. not sure. but 360 only accomodates 2 non-wireless controllers anyway. The wired controllers are $40. The wireless ones are $50.

True, but one of the adaptors I found allows you to plug in a total of four Xbox controllers in, and it only uses one PC usb port. Has anyone that has it tried it yet though? I really dont want to spend $120 for three new controllers when I have four perfectly good ones that I already own.

ll Mista GT ll
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
No, Microsoft made impossible for people like you who want to save money. (gj btw) Plus.. there is that extra shoulder pad on the 360 controllers...

Your gonna have to buy 360 controllers man :(

NascarZiNg
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
True, but one of the adaptors I found allows you to plug in a total of four Xbox controllers in, and it only uses one PC usb port. Has anyone that has it tried it yet though? I really dont want to spend $120 for three new controllers when I have four perfectly good ones that I already own.

I have Super Box Joy 11 for xbox controllers hook to PC w/USB (4 ports which means 4 xbox controllers) I never thought of trying this out on my 360. But was afraid it would hurt my 360 if I try it.

The Last Knight
12-08-2005, 04:38 PM
I have Super Box Joy 11 for xbox controllers hook to PC w/USB (4 ports which means 4 xbox controllers) I never thought of trying this out on my 360. But was afraid it would hurt my 360 if I try it.

How would it hurt it? The worst thing that could happen is that it that its not compatable and doesn't work. If you tried it an told us if it works it would be very appreciated, as this question has been floating around the internet for quite a while. You also might save yourself 50 for each controller. :yikes:

ShadedNine
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
No go. I have an adapter that lets my plug my old xbox controllers into the PC. I tried it on the 360...it doesn't work. Sorry.

l Maximus l
12-08-2005, 11:08 PM
No, Microsoft made impossible for people like you who want to save money. (gj btw) Plus.. there is that extra shoulder pad on the 360 controllers...

Well, now that we know it won't work based on what ShadedNine said, I just wanted to bring up that the shoulder buttons are likely the old white and black buttons; albeit, located in a different spot on the controller. But, the Guide button is definately a new button that doesn't have a coresponding button on the Original XBox controller.

BananaMan
12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah the guide button is what would mess it up, because the two new shoulder buttons are the black and white button replacements.

Jags
12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, now that we know it won't work based on what ShadedNine said, I just wanted to bring up that the shoulder buttons are likely the old white and black buttons; albeit, located in a different spot on the controller. But, the Guide button is definately a new button that doesn't have a coresponding button on the Original XBox controller.
exactly wat i was gonna say