PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened at the Computer Store...

Highlite23
12-07-2005, 07:37 AM
So I was killing some time yesterday, so I popped into Comp USA to see what was new. While I was there I happened across the non-functioning Xbox 360 Display, both wireless controllers needed new batteries or to be recharged, but the demo screen was up and the system was functioning.

On a whim i asked the young clerk in the game dept if they actually had any 360 in stock. His answer was what I expected..."No, we sold out right away" that was fine, I answered with "I figured as much, but thought I would ask". Then after a brief pause, and I started to walk away he felt the need to inform me that...

"It's a good thing we don't have any, their all being recalled becasue they crash" hmmm, so I said..."Oh, so you have an official recall from Microsoft for the 360's?" to which I got thet uneasy look and squirm.."No, but a freind told me they crash" I wonder if his friends name is Bill Gates, for him to have such crucial info. :rolleyes:

Then it happened, I wasn't sure if it would, and again, it was as I was walking away, I heard what I thought I was going to hear from my yong friend..."The PS3 is going to blow the 360 away anyway, so I would wait."

Ah, Fanboys, gotta love 'em.

So of course i couldn't help myself, and as I left walking past the MGR office, I knocked and asked if it was a wise thing for clerks to be teling people about a recall that doesn't exist, hope he doesn't get in too much trouble. :whistle:

Dj Logical 1
12-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Clerk= Nub at 360 info

lol you should of slapped him like 360 times accross the face for saying theres a recall. Lol and he should get fired for not knowing about the products in the store. NUB GETS OWNED

CarGuy
12-07-2005, 10:07 AM
You're devilish!

laughs
12-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I would have whooped that boys ass if I owned that store. Anyway, yeah this is another case of fanboyism.... I hope the ps3 blows! :)

Im D Milkman
12-07-2005, 11:16 AM
We're all fanboys of the Xbox.... I know I am.

Chewy
12-07-2005, 11:20 AM
We're all fanboys of the Xbox.... I know I am.

Not all of us. :)

Im D Milkman
12-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Anyone how's not a moron...

Salmonaitor
12-07-2005, 12:20 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Dude, look what you wrote!!!!

What's that? Pot? Kettle?? Black??? :hump:

Highlite23
12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Well I'm glad to hear that "How" is not a moron, "WHO" is he anyway. :p

Just wankin' your chain :D

F1Ox
12-07-2005, 03:59 PM
So I was killing some time yesterday, so I popped into Comp USA to see what was new. While I was there I happened across the non-functioning Xbox 360 Display, both wireless controllers needed new batteries or to be recharged, but the demo screen was up and the system was functioning.

On a whim i asked the young clerk in the game dept if they actually had any 360 in stock. His answer was what I expected..."No, we sold out right away" that was fine, I answered with "I figured as much, but thought I would ask". Then after a brief pause, and I started to walk away he felt the need to inform me that...

"It's a good thing we don't have any, their all being recalled becasue they crash" hmmm, so I said..."Oh, so you have an official recall from Microsoft for the 360's?" to which I got thet uneasy look and squirm.."No, but a freind told me they crash" I wonder if his friends name is Bill Gates, for him to have such crucial info. :rolleyes:

Then it happened, I wasn't sure if it would, and again, it was as I was walking away, I heard what I thought I was going to hear from my yong friend..."The PS3 is going to blow the 360 away anyway, so I would wait."

Ah, Fanboys, gotta love 'em.

So of course i couldn't help myself, and as I left walking past the MGR office, I knocked and asked if it was a wise thing for clerks to be teling people about a recall that doesn't exist, hope he doesn't get in too much trouble. :whistle:

Very nice posting dude. :cheers: Fire his a@@

m4oH
12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
LMAO, I hope that was on purpose. I'm not a fanboy of any of the systems. Nice going Tony, you show that Playstation*** who is boss or at least boss #2.

TheCovenant
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
less than 3 percent are defective. Thats below the margin of error they gave themselves. Theres no recall going to happen. It like the "defective" xbox's they sold in japan in 2002. The edge of the disk gets scratched sometime. Doesnt affect anything, its just the disk gets dirty.

Making a huge deal of nothing.

ShadedNine
12-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't consider myself an xbox fanboy. But in most regards, I might consider myself an anti-Sony 'fan' if you will. I've never cared for Sony's business practices. Generally, given almost any product, I find at least one competitor I'd much prefer to buy from.

I always have been amazed at the complete ignorance of some of the employees at electronics stores. It's really not that hard to find a kid that actually knows his stuff, there's lost of them out there, and when you're 16, that's a damned dream job for every one of em.