PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 remote

F1Ox
12-09-2005, 06:37 AM
I just picked up this remote xb0x 360 remote from Best buy. Works great.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802162

All I need now is my xbox 360 I pre-order from Gamestop to come in.

I see that on Game stop web site. That they took down the link to order the xbox 360. Maybe this good for anyone who pre-order Game stop store.

pitt4ever
12-09-2005, 07:02 AM
$129?? Dang, why?

F1Ox
12-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Becuase now I can trun anything on/off with one remote and more. And not have 50 different remote laying around.

Nato King
12-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Becuase now I can trun anything on/off with one remote and more. And not have 50 different remote laying around.

makes sense because I have about three one for the xbox360 one for my tv to change the Video from 1,2,or6 and one for my DVD player which I can play on my xbox360. A guy at EBgames while I was away in wisconson said that if I play DVD on my xbox360 it will mess with it and it will stop working in a year or two. I think he was pulling my leg. :cuss:

F1Ox
12-09-2005, 09:49 AM
makes sense because I have about three one for the xbox360 one for my tv to change the Video from 1,2,or6 and one for my DVD player which I can play on my xbox360. A guy at EBgames while I was away in wisconson said that if I play DVD on my xbox360 it will mess with it and it will stop working in a year or two. I think he was pulling my leg. :cuss:
I would have agree with you Serg_w. I can't see how a Dvd would shorting the life of a 360 vs an game disk.

laughs
12-09-2005, 10:10 AM
$19.99 pre-owned..... $129.99 new.... Seems a little weird. I'm thinking typo.

ShadedNine
12-09-2005, 06:02 PM
$19.99 pre-owned..... $129.99 new.... Seems a little weird. I'm thinking typo.

It would seem so, given that $130 is actually a pretty fair price for a Harmony. That's one of the cheaper ones on the market.

Bmoreforeva
12-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Its probably not true but someone said the remotes wont be in the premium second shipment

F1Ox
12-09-2005, 11:05 PM
With are luck it mite be true Bmoreforeva. Thats why I got this sexy remote.

killerscott
12-10-2005, 12:28 AM
what does the harmony have that the microsoft universal remote not have? (the one that comes in the box is not the universal remote. Just the dvd remote, but you can buy the microsoft one at stores for around $30 i think.)

http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xbox360/faq/remote.jpg <-universal remote

http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/tradeshows/2005/E3/day1/xbox360/remote.jpg <--the one in the premium package.

ShadedNine
12-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Harmony remotes are programmable remotes with a rather handy feature called 'actions'...a sort of advanced macro.

With a harmony, you can hold down a single button to: turn on your TV, turn on your Xbox, turn on your receiver, and switch your receiver to Video X (for one example).

Makes life so much easier, and can learn signals for any devices that you can find in the rather large online database. You can also program a tv guide into the LCD on most models, but I don't use it.

F1Ox
12-10-2005, 05:40 AM
Harmony remotes are programmable remotes with a rather handy feature called 'actions'...a sort of advanced macro.

With a harmony, you can hold down a single button to: turn on your TV, turn on your Xbox, turn on your receiver, and switch your receiver to Video X (for one example).

Makes life so much easier, and can learn signals for any devices that you can find in the rather large online database. You can also program a tv guide into the LCD on most models, but I don't use it.
Yeah what he sayed :cheers: . lol

Bmoreforeva
12-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Well thats true i suppose but i have a media center pc would it work?

Dj Logical 1
12-10-2005, 11:43 AM
wont it be a lot easier for you to lose this remote? Thats a lot for a remote, as well.

ShadedNine
12-10-2005, 01:00 PM
wont it be a lot easier for you to lose this remote? Thats a lot for a remote, as well.

I used to lose my remotes constantly when I had 5 of them to deal with. I've yet to have to search once for the harmony yet. It makes a difference when you only have one and use it constantly for any controls.

And yes, it can control your PC. It can basically take over for any IR remote ever made. You can even rig it up to control your lights if you put IR sensors into your switches.

laughs
12-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Overall I think it's too much for a remote. I think I'd rather deal with the numerous remotes I have and save $129.

ll Mista GT ll
12-10-2005, 03:42 PM
I like the idea of a remote like that... but it's just TOO much lol

F1Ox
12-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Overall I think it's too much for a remote. I think I'd rather deal with the numerous remotes I have and save $129.
DUDE. Just remeber you pay for what you get. 129 is not a bad deal!!

laughs
12-10-2005, 11:50 PM
DUDE. Just remeber you pay for what you get. 129 is not a bad deal!!

Whatever I bye, comes with a remote anyway, so why should I go and spend 129 bucks on something that has no need?

Bmoreforeva
12-11-2005, 12:54 AM
i just dont know i would buy it but 129 bucks? i can get a lot of gallons of gas wit that

swivel
12-11-2005, 06:43 AM
You can get universal remotes for $20 bucks. They aren't as nice as the Harmony line, but some of them learn Macros, which is the same thing as Harmony's tasks.

$129 is very cheap for the Harmony and what it does, to tell the truth. Before the Harmony line came out, people were paying $500 or more for universals with the same functions. And I have installed several remotes into yachts that cost over $1,000. So, in all, it is a steal.

If it seems like much to you, go to Target or Wal-Mart and pick up a cheapie universal and take the time to program it. It will seriously benefit the way you entertain yourself. (And you'll be springing for a nicer universal in no time)

Marc
12-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I bought it and it rocks. On Shadednine's advice, I bought my dad a Harmony for Christmas. I gave it to him early because I want him to be able to enjoy it all he can. I gave him a surround sound AVR and DVD earlier and he's had a hell of a time controlling it. With the Harmony, he has no trouble at all. He told my mom that it was the best thing ever made for entertainment centers. The main difference is that you hook the harmony to a computer and program it instead of programing it manually, which is damn near impossible.

Bmoreforeva
12-11-2005, 03:08 PM
i still dont know if i should get one or not

Jackyboy
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
sounds great.. i think i might get one even though it costs the same as 2 games

F1Ox
12-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Whatever I bye, comes with a remote anyway, so why should I go and spend 129 bucks on something that has no need?
And just think all the batteries you have to buy. Don't knock it until you try it.
Like most people. I like one remote vs 6 remotes.

aasp
12-13-2005, 06:19 PM
that thing is expensive

laughs
12-13-2005, 06:29 PM
And just think all the batteries you have to buy. Don't knock it until you try it.
Like most people. I like one remote vs 6 remotes.

You have a point there, although if you think about it that way, I would be using this harmony remote 6 times more than each individual remote, so I would have to buy the same amount of batteries.

ShadedNine
12-13-2005, 07:11 PM
You have a point there, although if you think about it that way, I would be using this harmony remote 6 times more than each individual remote, so I would have to buy the same amount of batteries.

You're right there. But you forget the main reason to buy a really fancy remote: it's a nifty gadget! :hardcore:

swivel
12-13-2005, 10:00 PM

Except that most of the loss of life of closed-cell batteries occurs while sitting around inactive.

Buy small packs of batteries, even though they cost more per cell, and use the universal remote. You will save money that way.

Right now you have a dozen cells sitting around, hardly used, going bad. And two dozen replacements in a drawer somewhere doing the same thing. (Put those in the fridge)

laughs
12-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Right now you have a dozen cells sitting around, hardly used, going bad. And two dozen replacements in a drawer somewhere doing the same thing. (Put those in the fridge)

They are good until 2010.... I'm sure I'll use them by that time.