PDA

View Full Version : Played with Microsoft @ Futureshop.... PGR3

ll Mista GT ll
12-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Ok, so I played PGR3 at futureshop with some Microsoft Rep guys.... it was cool. I noticed though that htese games have a ****load of jaggies... It looks like the cars are cut out with blunt scisors.... I really don't know what to thinkm or what to expect...

He kept on sayin' "Have you ever played a game where the shadow follows the car" And I was just kinda blocking his crap out b/c I knew that Forza had shadows....

I guess you gotta be like that when trying to sell a product.... Plus the game froze TWICE when I played... I wasn't sold on this product.... no way.

hebgbz
12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Interesting when you think that I must have played 50 hours or so on PGR2 on the original Xbox and NEVER a lock up. I agree that something is not good somewhere.

Whisper
12-10-2005, 10:18 PM
you do know they weren't MS reps right? they were trying to lure you to their van

Heavens Gate
12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
All these problems that are creeping up on people are making alot of people who don't own one yet not want one anymore. I was at Wal-mart and the kiosk was frozen. It's a real shame and Microsoft better come up with some answers soon or the 360 has already failed. Too bad

killerscott
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
All these problems that are creeping up on people are making alot of people who don't own one yet not want one anymore. I was at Wal-mart and the kiosk was frozen. It's a real shame and Microsoft better come up with some answers soon or the 360 has already failed. Too bad

the systems in the kiosks are in airtight containers and they are not shut off at night. They run 24 hours aday 7 days a week and 365 days a year. heat is a facter as if you read your manual it will tell you not to put it in an area like they are put in at stores.

Bmoreforeva
12-11-2005, 12:52 AM
this is correct i leave my comp on all the time 2 maybe i should shut it off sometimes =)

ll Mista GT ll
12-11-2005, 09:59 AM
You need to think though... I think it has 2 fans... and it's water cooled....a PC would NEVER mess up. Why are we making excuses for the 360?

SoundX
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
There were always going to be problems with such a rushed launch.

CrazyCougar
12-11-2005, 02:53 PM
No excuses here. I am not buying an Xbox 360 for quite some time. It definitely sounds like you got a 50/50 chance of getting one that works, and thats not a chance I am willing to gamble $400 with. My current Xbox still works, and quite well I may add. I'll just wait 6-9 months down the road, and then hopefully I'll have the 360 and PS3 to compare side by side and pick up the better system then.

But right now the 360 sounds like a complete joke, with the distribution, the workmanship and the games themselves. Sure its the beggining of its lifecycle and it should all get better, but plenty of other things I can do with my $400 and not have to worry about what I am getting.

ShadedNine
12-11-2005, 09:56 PM
You do realize, that Xbox you're so happy with right now had just as many problems with the kiosks and overheating? Just as much rumormongering and panic as we're seeing right now? The only difference is that a lot more people are after the 360 this time around.

Now worries, once things settle down, there will be a lot less whining about repair issues, and you should be safe to buy one. Not that they'll get more reliable, but as the hype levels off, so does the panic about defective units.

Whisper
12-12-2005, 12:14 AM
No excuses here. I am not buying an Xbox 360 for quite some time. It definitely sounds like you got a 50/50 chance of getting one that works, and thats not a chance I am willing to gamble $400 with. My current Xbox still works, and quite well I may add. I'll just wait 6-9 months down the road, and then hopefully I'll have the 360 and PS3 to compare side by side and pick up the better system then.

But right now the 360 sounds like a complete joke, with the distribution, the workmanship and the games themselves. Sure its the beggining of its lifecycle and it should all get better, but plenty of other things I can do with my $400 and not have to worry about what I am getting.

If you had a 50/50 chance of getting a screwed up xbox, trust me, it would be all over the news.