PDA

View Full Version : Controllers

NomadLLama
02-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Hey. I have spent soooo much time with my xbox its not even funny. I always invite buddies over, but the thing is that they have to bring their own controllers from their system and they always call me a "cheap skate" (I do the same when I am at their house). I have seen a whole bunch of third party controllers for about 25-35 bucks, but yet the MS controller is about 40 bucks. Why the dramatic difference? is the quality much more noticibly crappier? or what. I ahve read the reviews from this site and have asked the same question on the xbox.com forum, but I want more opinions. thanx

Underdog
02-21-2002, 10:33 PM
I have Mad Catz controllers they seem to work fine. I must tell you, whatever you do stay far far away from the Interact controllers they SUCK:mad: They feel like crap and the buttons you have to really put your back into them to get them to work.

Toder
02-21-2002, 10:52 PM
whatever you do stay far far away from the Interact controllers they SUCK

i can agree with you on that. I bought the vortex controller form Interact and it broke on me last night. It was a *****ty controller though. the rubber grips felt like a hard plastic, which they said was rubber. And the buttons did suck. the only thing i like was the movement of the analog sticks. Alot smother than xbox's I thought. Now i think i will go with a madcatz pantherx joystick when it comes out. But i will still need another controller though still want a 3rd party one though. Any sugestions

GokuX
02-21-2002, 10:52 PM
It's usually best to go with a first party controller. In some rare cases 3rd party controllers have been known to mess up controller ports. It was starting to happen with my PS right before I sold it. I had a generic brand controller, I think it was Performance and the port acted like it wasn't working sometimes, cuz the controller wouldn't detect, even if I tried a Sony. That's really rare though. So putting that reason aside, I'd go out on a limb and say that the official controllers for any system are more well constructed, thus less problematic than 3rd party. I believe the adage "U get what U pay for" applies here. Also it wouldn't be so far fetched to have each of your regular friends buy their own controller or chip in some money for a couple more if they play your system so much. Heck, I'd of bought a GC controller if my friend asked me too before he went and purchased 3 more so we could all play.