PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Sell-Out Is Impossible In Japan

Nato King
12-13-2005, 07:31 AM
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/dayafternumber5-thumb.JPG

This was taken a day after the Japan launch on late Sunday afternoon at Yodobashi Camera in Osaka. There isn’t even close to a dent in their behemoth stock of consoles. I was thinking about going back today or tomorrow. But on second thought, what’s the point? The song’ll be the same, only the verse different.

Everyone in America and Europe without a console that wants one, my heart goes out to you. Really.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/dayafterladyblurry-thumb.JPG

The store was packed with tons of Christmas shoppers. Few, if any, were there for a Xbox 360 unfortunately. Things should pick up when Dead or Alive 4 is released. Or next year when Ninety Nine Nights comes out. But, by then Msoft’s gonna be playing catch up. And in 2006, it could get real ugly, real fast.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/dayafterline-thumb.JPG
link (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360-japan-launch-guide/xbox-360-sellout-is-impossible-142359.php)

laughs
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
I think we need to change our system name from "360" to "Popples the cuddle buddy." How guys, you got an "Xbox:Popples the cuddle buddy?" Sure do! We would sell 10,000% more in Japan if that was the systems name. Face it, you guys know I'm right.

Double_Diablo
12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Sorry, Microsoft. Either release buttloads of RPGs, dating sims, weird action-adventure titles and some games that'll have North American and European gamers saying "WTF?" or Xbox 360 will end up like New Coke in no time flat.

laughs
12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry, Microsoft. Either release buttloads of RPGs, dating sims, weird action-adventure titles and some games that'll have North American and European gamers saying "WTF?" or Xbox 360 will end up like New Coke in no time flat.

And most importantly, a name change right.

Xbox Masta 4
12-13-2005, 07:40 PM
I think it's odd that there is less demand for them in Japan than there is here. Yes, they do have the PS3 to look to, and well of course it's Sony, but I just don't get it.

Why do people over there get systems because of games like DOA4 and so fourth? Very few like Halo, racing games, yada yada? That just strikes to me as odd. I guess more of fighter games and RPGs that are a big hit really make the sales for systems for sure. Seems like everyone has the same tastes over there or some crap. I'd figure it wouldn't be that big of a difference, but I guess it seems they only buy systems for a couple of games that are popular to them. However on another hand, I guess they have the PS3 to look at.

I know not everything is the same but I mean hell Sony and Microsoft sell great in US but doesn't in Japan and so fourth. However special edition PS2's or just game packages, they go crazy for.

So with all this said, I agree. Change the Xbox360 and put a game they will go crazy for on the xbox and more will go crazy for it.

aasp
12-13-2005, 07:44 PM
can someone go to Japan and bring some 360s?

l Maximus l
12-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah, they just need more Japanese appealing games...I don't think it has much to do with the system itself...even if they are loyal Sony fans....the games are the deciding factor...and Microsoft simply doesn't have enough (or any) appealing games at the moment in Japan.

swivel
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Seems like everyone has the same tastes over there or some crap.

Oh, yeah. They have us whipped there.

They like games where you pet animals, dance on mats, roll balls around, collect fantasy animals, jump on platforms, play as various characters saving the universe....

Why can't they be more varied like us and just want to either drive around, or shoot people.... or, in our best selling franchise of all time, both?

The cultural arrogance and near-sighted ignorance in these types of threads nearly startles me... however, I am able to view all of you, and your various degrees of ignorance, from within the context that you live, thereby understanding and forgiving you. Hence, practicing my multi-culturalism.

TheCovenant
12-14-2005, 12:27 AM
wait wai, wai wai wai wai wait A MINUTE! HOLD. THE. PHONE!

Serg_w is in japan?!?!?!

OC Noob
12-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Oh, yeah. They have us whipped there.

They like games where you pet animals, dance on mats, roll balls around, collect fantasy animals, jump on platforms, play as various characters saving the universe....

Why can't they be more varied like us and just want to either drive around, or shoot people.... or, in our best selling franchise of all time, both?

The cultural arrogance and near-sighted ignorance in these types of threads nearly startles me... however, I am able to view all of you, and your various degrees of ignorance, from within the context that you live, thereby understanding and forgiving you. Hence, practicing my multi-culturalism.

Fighting ignorance and arrogance with even more arrogance and ignorance is cool. I think I'll join it... wait I already have:D

Now I just need to figure out if you are trying to help or hurt their cause with lines like this---"pet animals, dance on mats, roll balls around, collect fantasy animals, jump on platforms, play as various characters saving the universe...."

If I were Japanesse I'd probably go all Pokeball on your @ss for saying stuff like that about me :p

Rhiannon
12-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I kind of have to agree with the Japanese when it comes to Xbox lacking genre specific games. I am a huge fan of RPGs and if Microsoft is going to have a snowballs chance in hell it needs to consider other genres besides FPS, racing and fighting. Whats even sadder, we probably won't see any real decent RPGs(save for Oblivion) untill well into the 2006-2007 time frame.