PDA

View Full Version : 360 not designed to play games vertically

LeoBreaker
12-13-2005, 11:12 AM
which is what the the customer service said when the guy's game stopped playing. link (http://www.360insider.net/articles/12-12-2005/xbox-360-not-designed-to-play-games-in-vertical-position/)

laughs
12-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Sorry to hear that Mattgame... Hope you have better luck with the system now that you know not to play games vertically. :cheers:

Double_Diablo
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
What the hell? My friend told me to stop having it in a horizontal position because it scratches discs. Now it's not suppose to be in a vertical position?! Bloody hell. I'm going to take some cables and suspend my Xbox 360 from my ceiling into a diagonal position now!

r3lik1
12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
which is what the the customer service said when the guy's game stopped playing. link (http://www.360insider.net/articles/12-12-2005/xbox-360-not-designed-to-play-games-in-vertical-position/)

why did you start 2 threads about the same thing???

LeoBreaker
12-13-2005, 03:18 PM
no no no, it is different. the other was saying that you shouldn't move the system when you have any disc running in it other wise it will scratch it. this is saying that you should play games vertically cause it won't run the games properly. :)

r3lik1
12-13-2005, 03:19 PM
no no no, it is different. the other was saying that you shouldn't move the system when you have any disc running in it other wise it will scratch it. this is saying that you should play games vertically cause it won't run the games properly. :)

o0o0o0o00o gotcha

Yellowlab
12-13-2005, 03:33 PM
I've been playing mine vertically and have roughly 40 hours on the box with no problems or disc scratches.

killerscott
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
B.S. I find it hard to believe that when Microsoft sells the stand for the 360 which is designed to hold it vertically.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/skinkyscott/PICT0015.jpg There's mine... I will continue playing vertically since mine has had no problems... also look at the store kiosk designed by microsoft.

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/4/xbox360/Xbox_360_kiosk.jpg note the orientation of the box. These are uniform through all stores because Microsoft designed them and shipped them. I doubt Microsoft would design them to be placed upright if the 360 itself wasnt designed to play that way.

r3lik1
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
B.S. I find it hard to believe that when Microsoft sells the stand for the 360 which is designed to hold it vertically.

There's mine... I will continue playing vertically since mine has had no problems... also look at the store kiosk designed by microsoft.

note the orientation of the box. These are uniform through all stores because Microsoft designed them and shipped them. I doubt Microsoft would design them to be placed upright if the 360 itself wasnt designed to play that way.

Thats all fine and good...but did M$ plan for all these glitches???? i doubt it....I also doubt that they knew it would F up if you stand it up.....so u can calm down!

killerscott
12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Thats all fine and good...but did M$ plan for all these glitches???? i doubt it....I also doubt that they knew it would F up if you stand it up.....so u can calm down!

I'm just sayin that they must have designed it for verticle use... As the thread is that it isn't designed for that. I'm calm though. I only shot like 4 people at school today.

l Maximus l
12-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I have mine vertical and I haven't had any problems with discs scratching. Seriously, I think everyone is going a little crazy....

Bmoreforeva
12-15-2005, 08:50 AM
its plays the same both ways

LeoBreaker
12-21-2005, 06:30 PM
so like i went to play perfect dark today cause i was bored. lo and behold i pull the game out and it has scratches around the outer edges of it from playing vertically. :bang:

ll Mista GT ll
12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
so like i went to play perfect dark today cause i was bored. lo and behold i pull the game out and it has scratches around the outer edges of it from playing vertically. :bang:

rofl

You guys are all my test-dummies! :p

swivel
12-22-2005, 08:24 AM

Seriously? Are you sure the scratches weren't there beforehand?

Nothing to do with these rumors, but I have been laughing at the vertical orientation things ever since Sony tried it with the PS2. I know they want their systems to look erect and all that, but the annoyance of putting discs in and out of trays while sideways is just dumb. The weird thing about the XBox2 is that the two spindles are perpendicular to one another. That is, the HD is flat when the DVD-ROM is vertical, and vice versa. It might not be a problem anymore, but back in the day you did not want to use HD's in a vertal stance because of the lengthening of sectors at the bottom of the drive. I suppose they fixed this a long time ago because external HD's are now sold that stand vertically, but Western Digital used to suggest to us that we format the drive in the orientation that it will be used.

I wish Microsoft would have made the hard drive something that we can add ourselves, perhaps with an external SATA connection.

And none of my consoles will ever be operated vertically. All that marketing doesn't have an effect on me. Stereo equipment goes on racks. Period.

LeoBreaker
12-22-2005, 10:46 AM
i am positive the scratches are from that. when i first got the game it sat in the 360 then i played halo 2 and put the game in the case. where it has been ever since. i took the game out and noticed the scratches on it. unless the carrying case puts scratches on it the only other solution would be that the system scratched it up. plus i doubt anything could put a perfectly round scratch around near the edge about 1/4 of an inch thick

swivel
12-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I hope MS looks into this. Probably be like the hard drives in the first XBox. Something they will quietly upgrade over time.

I just hope the units sell fast and in large numbers, so that by the time I pick one up it will be from a more mature batch. I went through three XBox's in three years (granted, I played the hell out of them).

thunderkiss2k1
12-24-2005, 06:00 PM

If he told you that, he needs to go find another job. Hopefully one that he can understand. I play mine vertically all the time, and it doesnt lockup or anything.

Tony_Macaroni
12-24-2005, 10:34 PM
im sure glad everything will be settled by the time i get my 360

swivel
12-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey send me a email and i will tell you how to fix your X Box 360 so send me a email an tell people about me and my email address is Speedyx101@aol.com and Yes there is a Fee!

I Know How to Avoid Your Xbox 360 From Scratching Your Discs
If you want to get my Kit is CHEAP go to ebay here is the link and bid on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-box-360_W0QQitemZ8246360452QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,
Kyle V

Is this spam?