PDA

View Full Version : OXM January 2006 and Disc 53 Discussion (Playable Full Auto Demo)

Brevity
12-13-2005, 01:53 PM
**As posted on another site**

OXM January 2006 and Disc 53 Discussion (Playable Full Auto Demo)
I might try to make this a monthly post about each issue, but we'll see how it goes. I'll update this with more information as I go along.

Disc #53:

New to the discs is a point system similar to achievements (but they don't actually add to your Gamer Score). Each disc has 1000 "OXM Points" that are obtained by watching all the videos and playing all of the demos. Earning all these points unlocks the hidden content on the disc. The points carry over from disc to disc and you have an "OXM Level" now as well.

Playable X360 Demos: Full Auto, Kameo, Peter Jackson's King Kong

Playable Xbox Demos (Not playable on the X360): Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Peter Jackson's King Kong

Videos: Call Of Duty 2, Gears Of War, Honda Civic Commercial, Kameo, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones, Project Gotham Racing 3, Ridge Racer 6, Shadow The Hedgehog, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Features: Will update later

Unlockable Content: Will update later

January 2006 Issue

Feature Story: Full Auto

There is a six page spread all about the upcoming Sega racer/vehicle combat title.

Reviews:

X360 Reviews:
Amped 3 - 8.0
Gun - 7.5
Kameo - 8.5
Madden NFL 06 - 7.0
NBA 2K6 - 8.0
Need For Speed: Most Wanted - 9.0
NHL 2K6 - 8.0
Perfect Dark Zero - 8.0
Project Gotham Racing 3 - 9.0
Quake 4 - 7.0
Ridge Racer 6 - 6.5
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 - 8.5
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - 7.5

Xbox Reviews:
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - 7.5
Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth - 6.5
Call Of Duty: Big Red One - 9.0
College Hoops 2K6 - 8.0
Fable: The Lost Chapers - 8.0
James Bond 007: From Russia With Love - 8.0
The Matrix: Path Of Neo - 7.0
Pac-Man World 3 - 4.0
Price Of Persia: The Two Thrones - 9.0
Shadow The Hedgehog - 5.5
Splat Magazine Renegade Paintball - 1.5
Taito Legends - 5.5
Total Overdose - 5.0
True Crime: New York City - 6.5
World Championship Poker 2 - 5.5

Hardware Reviews:
Logitech Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360 - 8.5
Logitech Z-5450 Wireless 5.1 THX Speakers - 9.0

Previews:

X360:
Final Fantasy XI
Saint's Row

Xbox:
Black
Driver: Parallel Lines
Final Fight: Streetwise
Hitman: Blood Money
Jaws
TOCA Race Driver 3

Interesting Info:

Xbox Live Card:
All subscribers to Xbox Live Gold will receive an Xbox Live Card after the holidays, so make sure your home address is up to date in Microsoft's system. This card is going to give you discounts and promotions at a bunch of different retailers and restaurants. They are supposed to be adding a lot of companies to the list, but here is what is listed so far:

Barnes & Noble.com
Costco Wholesale
Dish Network
Golfsmith: Golf & Tennis
Lee Dungarees
Timberland
Steve Madden
Ticket Deals
Passport Lifestyle

Seems like it could be a nice little perk.

$10 EB Gift Voucher on Select 2K Sports games for X360:
There is a form for a $10 gift voucher by mail if you purchase College Hoops 2K6, NHL 2K6, or Top Spin 2 from EB games between 12/20/2005 and 1/3/2006.

LeoBreaker
12-13-2005, 01:55 PM
you're forgetting something. the beta disc for ffxi is going to be in there too! :) that or it will be on the same disc

Shawn-XBA
12-13-2005, 02:04 PM
you're forgetting something. the beta disc for ffxi is going to be in there too! :) that or it will be on the same disc

The beta disk is in the official xbox 360 magazine, it is in the UK I believe. FF beta disk will not be in the US version of OXM, read it on another site

Edit: I just read it on IGN.com (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/657/657914p1.html) again, it was for the Japan launch of the 360

LeoBreaker
12-13-2005, 02:26 PM
damn, well.. you just saved me some time and 5 bucks cause i was going to go buy the issue :p

Snowblind
12-13-2005, 05:28 PM
.....and I'm off to buy Splat Magazine Renegade Paintball. :D

Kyle Static
12-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I can't believe they rated PD0 so poorly....I mean I've yet to play the game (it sits in it's plastic wrapping until I beat quake 4), but all the reviews I read generally gave it a higher score than that.

In contrast quake 4 does not deserve a 7.0, it's a better game than they say. I will admit that now as the game has progressed onwards the battles have become a bit tedious as it follows the same, "open door, shoot stuff, proceed, hit the switch, return" format but it deserves at least an 8.0. Everyone complains the game is to easy. So put the difficulty setting on hard! Perhaps once you're done beating it on hard you can hit up the nightmare mode; try to keep your asses alive in that mode you whiners. The graphics are tight, and while it's not as good as doom 3 it has a fairly decent storyline which progresses nicely, especially when you hit the midpoint and the gameplay is slightly altered, and the AI improves significantly making for more challenging gameplay.

....ah well, I hate OXM anyways. I don't think they've put out a magazine in months that hasn't been at least half advertisements.

Shawn-XBA
12-13-2005, 08:18 PM
....ah well, I hate OXM anyways. I don't think they've put out a magazine in months that hasn't been at least half advertisements.

Yeah, whats up with that. Even the demo disks are filled with ads now, I am very disappointed in the last 2 editions with all the ads in them

Brevity
12-13-2005, 08:35 PM
I want those wireless speakers they reviewed.

greg756
12-15-2005, 09:38 PM
im going to quit getting oxm now that they are putting demos online now..yeah now they have this thing in there to unlock the hidden content which im sure is more ads(lol!) you have to watch every video and play every demo..to unlock it...what the hell?!? btw remeber to save it to the hd or you have to it all again..to be honest the demo of full auto isnt that great....its kinda boring in fact and i love twisted metal and this is not half as exciting...and its framey to boot. BOTTOM LINE the demo is coming to the market place soon save your money!!!

mattgame
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm sure OXM is all broken up about your proposed lack of future support.

greg756
12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
-shrugs-

J3bus WTF
12-15-2005, 11:47 PM

All magazines are half ads though.

Jackyboy
12-17-2005, 08:48 PM
has anyone played the full auto demo? how is it?

George89
12-17-2005, 09:35 PM
has anyone played the full auto demo? how is it?

i've heard it is a lot like burnout only with guns on the cars.