PDA

View Full Version : Confused about this package... Premium

ll Mista GT ll
12-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Not to sound like a total noob, but is the VGA adapter thing included in the premium package???? :)

Brevity
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I dont think it is.

J3bus WTF
12-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Surprisingly enough, it is.
Here (http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10066139)

ll Mista GT ll
12-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Jesus! Haleluia ... or w.e. :D

greenpyro
12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
i'm not sure as to what the VGA cable is, but if it's the cable that allows to yto play the 360 on a computer moniter, than i'm sorry to burst you bubble,but it's not included (i know cause i own a 360 :D ) with the premium package. however, if i have the entirely wrong idea about what a VGA cable is, then i'm sorry for the false info.

Highlite23
12-15-2005, 08:32 PM
no, your right green, the VGA Adapter is an acc. Now the premium edition does come with the HD-AV Cables which are NOT included with the core unit (Regular 3 wire RCA Cables). :)

l Maximus l
12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
True, the premium package comes with Component (green, blue, and red) /Composit video cables (yellow) and stereo audio cables (red and white). You can choose to use Component or Composit video based on your television capabilities. There is also an optical audio input which is attached to the proprietery input that connects to the back of the console. No optical audio is included.

For those who may not know what optical audio does: it's the only way to get 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound out of your XBox 360.

ShadedNine
12-16-2005, 12:00 AM
warning: If you're confused, the following post won't actually help you be less confused, except maybe if you only read the summary at the end....err, near the end ;)

It's all just funny wording. VGA stands for "Video Graphics Array"...relatively meaningless as far as a cable is concerned. Cablewise, it's usually associated with a DB-15 connector, carrying an RGB, or Y Pb Pr signal. The word Component video usually implies an RCA connector carrying the same signal. Each uses 6 conductors to carry the same format of video signal. VGA sometimes also carries extra bits of meta data to allow the monitor to communicate with the output device, but I don't think the 360 utilizes this under any configuration. The "Best" connector is BNC, but you don't see a lot of that on consumer gear...a shame really.

Anyway, in English: When you say VGA or Component, you're using slang in a sense. It's usually associated with a certain connector, but it doesn't have to be (as the best buy website illustrates when it mentions the included cable).

I should also add as a disclaimer that even though they carry the same format of signal, that doesn't always mean you can just plug an adapter on and hook anything up to anything. These signals can be sent at a wide varieties of frequencies, and not every display and every device handles the same range. Not to mention I have no idea exactly what would happen if you fed your computer monitor an interlaced signal.

killerscott
12-16-2005, 01:00 AM
though what is shown on the link is not what you think the premium system is. that link goes to a bundle for the price of $500. just so ya know.

ll Mista GT ll
12-16-2005, 06:54 AM
though what is shown on the link is not what you think the premium system is. that link goes to a bundle for the price of $500. just so ya know.

I do know.... CANADIAN PRICES. :p

killerscott
12-16-2005, 07:17 AM
I do know.... CANADIAN PRICES. :p

damn canadians! they always are trying to trick me. Get your own dollar sign!

J3bus WTF
12-17-2005, 06:49 PM
i'm not sure as to what the VGA cable is, but if it's the cable that allows to yto play the 360 on a computer moniter, than i'm sorry to burst you bubble,but it's not included (i know cause i own a 360 :D ) with the premium package. however, if i have the entirely wrong idea about what a VGA cable is, then i'm sorry for the false info.
XBOX 360 Component HD AV Cable: Gamers can experience high-definition gaming on flat-panel TV or VGA monitors. This cable provides optimal audio and video signal transfer.

This is part of the 360 bundle. Maybe the bundles changed? :confused:
EDIT: Nevermind, Tony already said it now comes with it.

ShadedNine
12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
No, he said it comes with the HD AV cables (component video), as it always has. The VGA cable is still an extra accessory that you buy seperately. The blurb about monitors on the website is more or less a lie. There's a select few monitors out there with RCA inputs, but most use DB-15. If you want that, you need to either buy the other cable, or a 3xRCA to DB-15 Adapter.