PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Screen Turning Yellow on Power On?

jdlongNCSU
02-22-2002, 08:19 AM
I've been having some issues with my Xbox for the last week or so and wanted to get some feedback before calling around.

The color on my Xbox startup screen started turning yellow during a power on. Didn't matter if there was a disc in drive or anything, it was always yellow. I've found if I disconnect the video cable from the xbox and reattach that it turns back to green without even having to power off.

I'm running the Monster Component video cables to my TV, so right now thats my number 1 suspect as to the problem. I'm going to try out my other cables this weekend and see if I can narrow it down to that.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem? or at least may know whats causing it?

I appreciate any help.

GokuX
02-22-2002, 08:25 AM
I've not heard of that myself, but I'd of course agree with you on the cable being the possible culprit. Let us know how it turns ok, in case this would pop up again and someone else experiences the same problem. Hope a new cable fixes it for ya. I also see you're posting here for the first time, so let me be the first to welcome U to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

robsterrocks
02-22-2002, 08:27 AM
i'VE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THE CABLE WAS THE CULPRET

skoot182
02-22-2002, 10:42 AM
robsterrocks?

try pressing the caps lock button :rolleyes: :D

Chr0nik
02-22-2002, 10:50 AM
How did I know before even reading the post that the Author would have 10 posts or less....:o

This becoming a very unwelcomed trend.

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 10:51 AM
I own the Monster 400 Component video cables and I haven't seen anything like this happen to the XBox.

jdlongNCSU
02-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Why is this thread an unwelcomed trend? Is there some sort of initiation i have to go through before I can ask a question related to my Xbox?

Thanks to those that have been helpful, I'll be calling up monster later this afternoon to ask them about it.

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by jdlongNCSU
Why is this thread an unwelcomed trend? Is there some sort of initiation i have to go through before I can ask a question related to my Xbox?

Thanks to those that have been helpful, I'll be calling up monster later this afternoon to ask them about it.

jdlong...Well, I didn't say this is an unwelcmed trend...but, I'm sure I can speak for Chronik when he made the comment, that we have seen many new people on these boards that come up with a way to slam the XBox (probably because they are anti-microsoft or simply Playstation or GameCube fanboys) that make posts similar to this just to show that the XBox has some sort of issues.

I believe that this is supported by the fact that never has there been a person who has had 10+ posts ever have an issue with their XBox. So, that is what Chronik was talking about when he said an "unwelcomed trend". So, don't take offense...but, I can tell you that I own the Monster 400 cables and I have not received any sort of problems...just video brilliantcy :)

jdlongNCSU
02-22-2002, 12:23 PM
Ahh, ok... I can understand the assumption that I'm just trying to rip on the Xbox. Guess there are a bunch of little kids that are jealous there parents bought them a GameCube...

But its not the case on my part. I just wanted to see if anyone had any problems similar to mine. I've only had the cables for couple of weeks now, bought them when I got my new TV (which i bought specifically because playing 2 player Halo on a 19" TV wasn't nearly as much fun as on a 27" Vega) :)

I love the setup though, just want to find out where my problem is so I can get it corrected.

thunderkiss2k1
02-22-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

jdlong...Well, I didn't say this is an unwelcmed trend...but, I'm sure I can speak for Chronik when he made the comment, that we have seen many new people on these boards that come up with a way to slam the XBox (probably because they are anti-microsoft or simply Playstation or GameCube fanboys) that make posts similar to this just to show that the XBox has some sort of issues.

I believe that this is supported by the fact that never has there been a person who has had 10+ posts ever have an issue with their XBox. So, that is what Chronik was talking about when he said an "unwelcomed trend". So, don't take offense...but, I can tell you that I own the Monster 400 cables and I have not received any sort of problems...just video brilliantcy :)

Umm, max, don't you mean "brilliancy" versus "brilliantcy'?? Lol, just kidding :)

JJaX
02-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
How did I know before even reading the post that the Author would have 10 posts or less....:o

Let see here........

Having problem with Xbox. Hmmmmmmmm
OK.....

Go to xbox forum to ask a good question? Nah i might get flamed by people like Chronik who judge by Post amounts :mad:

I think he came here with the intention to get a good reliable answer. Not to Slander the xbox.

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jdlongNCSU
Ahh, ok... I can understand the assumption that I'm just trying to rip on the Xbox. Guess there are a bunch of little kids that are jealous there parents bought them a GameCube...

But its not the case on my part. I just wanted to see if anyone had any problems similar to mine. I've only had the cables for couple of weeks now, bought them when I got my new TV (which i bought specifically because playing 2 player Halo on a 19" TV wasn't nearly as much fun as on a 27" Vega) :)

I love the setup though, just want to find out where my problem is so I can get it corrected.

Good, I'm glad you didn't take offense. I noticed that you are a true XBox owner, though, the angry face with the fire going through it didn't help :D It's all good, though! Welcome to the forums! These forums are the best on any XBox website, in my opinion :D

By the way, if I were you, I would simply exchange your XBox for a new one. The Monster cables should be fine...though, I would check those, too. Ahh...I had an idea...try using your regular composite cables (the ones that came with your XBox) and see if that works. If it does, it's probably the cables. If not, then, it's definately one of the 1% defective XBoxes. (By the way, that is within the industry standards) :)

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

Umm, max, don't you mean "brilliancy" versus "brilliantcy'?? Lol, just kidding :)

hehe...I had a brain-fart :D

RudedogX
02-22-2002, 03:01 PM

The home of Eskimos, Snow and Mounted police

Your police are mounted?!? I guess that would explain the quickness to try and jump on someone elses back!:eek:

Chr0nik
02-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Your police are mounted?!? I guess that would explain the quickness to try and jump on someone elses back!:eek:

Relax Mr Smart Ass, I was just simply pointing out a trend on these forums, whether he is having a legit problem or not is not for me to judge. I just find it remarkably coincidental how most new comers to XBA are "experiencing problems" with their consoles.

I'm not pouncing on JDlong, I was just making an observation.

Some people are way to friggn uptight. Fart and let out some of that built up frustration.

JimmieDoogan
02-22-2002, 03:40 PM
OT: So I guess I better get my post count up before I start expressing my concerns reguarding the odd (not slow or locking) startup I encountered last night with Tricky ;) ..... But I think the oddness has passes as my Xbox was pretty hot last night. :D

BTW, In pertinance to the original post, I WOULD MOST
DEFINATLY PIN THE BLAME ON THE CABLES. With component cables any little thing can cause discoloration or similar problems with such things. I doubt your Xbox has a problem displaying the color blue properly, especially considering you stated that PULLING the cord out of your box then putting it back worked. Just try a different cord or maybe even brand. I have had no problems with my Microsoft Xbox HDTV Pack. The only reason I didn't get monster is because I didn't see an OPTICAL out for it.

Plewis
02-22-2002, 03:51 PM
are those monster cables really worth the money?

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
are those monster cables really worth the money?

Well, I have them and I only bought them because they were on sale at Best Buy and they even had a set of Component cables that were on sale that had a 25% sticker on it, too. So, I bought these cables, normally $65, for only $35. All I know is that the image is like I am looking through a window on my new HDTV!!

The graphics have more of a 3-D effect than what my regular TV did with the Advanced A/V Pack (with the S-Video...I didn't have the High Definition A/V Pack for that TV, of course...it didn't have the inputs on that TV).

The Monster 400 Component Video cables are very high quality...24K gold ends provide a clean connection and the actual chords are so sleak that they slide through your hands as if you were holding onto a Rattle Snake :D Seriously...no joke..they feel like a snake's skin.

But, one thing is for sure, I can care less what they look like...I just want good performance. But, I can say that I am very please with the image... 43 inches of crystal clear clarity :)

SeTH
02-22-2002, 05:38 PM
well I don't know about you guys but when it comes to accessories. I only buy the brand that made the system. That way the accessory and the console don't fight (really 3rd party accessories brawl with the console when you are snuggled up in bed, one morning long long ago I woke up to find my playstation with a dent in the lid and the memeory card dicected and painted pink)!!!!! Ever since then I only buy Microsoft brand for my XBOX and SONY brand for my PlayStation 2, except my GameBoy Advance which I don't play that often.:eek: :D

RudedogX
02-22-2002, 05:49 PM

Relax Mr Smart Ass

That's me! Smart Ass 24/7! Thanks for noticing!:D

SciFi
02-22-2002, 05:51 PM

Relax Mr Smart Ass, I was just simply pointing out a trend on these forums, whether he is having a legit problem or not is not for me to judge. I just find it remarkably coincidental how most new comers to XBA are "experiencing problems" with their consoles.

I'm not pouncing on JDlong, I was just making an observation.

Some people are way to friggn uptight. Fart and let out some of that built up frustration.
Did you ever think that this may be due to the fact that they only sighned up to the forum to solve their problem??? Not all ppl like to disscuss next month's big game , fight with fanboys, ect. on a reg. basis...;)

GokuX
02-22-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey jdlongNCSU when I was typing my response to your problem I was almost ready to type a warning that U might get flamed by some who may be overly suspicious of your true intent, but I figured it wouldn't go that way. Lo and behold the flame throwers were unpacked by some. For some newcomers it's a nice fuzzy n' warm welcome onto these boards, for others like myself who posted a problem I was having for my first post, well we suffer a baptism by fire. Ok enuf of that, hope U enjoy your stay.

Yankeez
02-24-2002, 01:50 PM
man i hope this doesnt happen to me