PDA

View Full Version : When do you think?

RefTrader
12-18-2005, 08:52 AM
When do you think Xbox 360 Premium systems will be readily available in stores, where you won't need to call ahead, or get there everyday at store opening, or get one put on hold, or push and shove, or wait in line. When do you think I will be able to just roll up to a Wal-mart or Target, walk in, and get an Xbox360? December 26th? January 1st? Late January? I really want to get mine at least by January 5th or so because I'm going to need at least 2 weeks to play it 8-12 hours per day so that I'm not itching to play it when my next semester of school starts. I really hope they are readily available shortly after or before new years.

What do you guys think?

Peace,
RefTrader

Jackyboy
12-18-2005, 09:22 AM
late january

ll Mista GT ll
12-18-2005, 09:45 AM
HAhaha. I hope too late so that Microsoft pays the price for such a ****ty release!

mattgame
12-18-2005, 10:16 AM
this week

RefTrader
12-18-2005, 11:08 AM
what leads you to that matt? you know something we don't? or are you guessing they are just gonna flood the market before christmas?

swivel
12-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Another reason they should quit doing these sill releases around the holidays. They should put the systems out soon after E3, when all the hype is the greatest. That way, there are plenty of systems on the shelf by summer, when the kids are out of school and have time to play. And anyone who isn't early-adopting, can ask for one for the holidays.

Everyone would win in this format. More consoles would be sold, with less bad press for not delivering enough (the xmas demand + the new release demand = trouble). More customers would get them when they want them, either for the summer, with the new release, or as a holiday gift.

This junk just makes no sense to me at all. Not one bit. You are going to sell out of the system for months without the holiday push, so why waste it?

Sony bemoans their release timing, which seems to be due to development constraints, but I think their Japenese launch will be better timed than their US launch, which may be this time next year.

Anyone else see the bad logic in the current scheme? Or the fact that few A+ games are released for the summer months?

RefTrader
12-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I seriously don't know why they do this stuff.. they say its a marketing ploy.. but you'd think they could sell the most of them right now... not in January by making them scarce in December... i dunno :bang: i'm hoping mattgamer knows what he talks about and i can get one this week.

ll Mista GT ll
12-18-2005, 03:17 PM
To a trip to Future****, and still no 360s. Nobody knows anything. SUCK.

Shawn-XBA
12-20-2005, 08:45 AM
I think after Christmas, in mid to late January you'll be able to just walk in and pick one up. At that point people will not be buying them for presents and the ebayers should die down a bit by then

RefTrader
12-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Death to Ebay!

ShaDovV RyDer
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I think that this next shipment will take care of the rest of the people who pre-ordered and didn't get a 360 at launch. Then 2-3 shipments after the pre-orders are all done people will still be camping outside of stores to get a 360. Then at about the 4th or 5th shipment you will be able to walk into a store an pick one up off a shelf, even if a couple of days have gone by since the shipment was put on the shelves.

Ninjermy
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I think mid-late january.

Whisper
12-20-2005, 09:12 PM
From source that works there:

best buy will receive a shipment on DEC 28th, and again on Jan 10th.. check your best buys around those dates