PDA

View Full Version : Who cares about B/C ?

Slimegreencat
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I copied & pasted this from another thread .... just curious what everyone else thinks .

I really dont understand why everyone is so concerned with backwards compatibility .
I could care less about playing old games on the 360 , they are "old" games .
I still have all my original Xbox games but not my Xbox , it was stolen .
I think I have somwhere around 20 games and dont intend on playing even one of them on my 360 , why would I ? there old , been there done that , old games , old graphics .
I would rather wait for the new generation of games .
Do you really think you will be playing these old games a year from now when the 360 has a huge library of amazing games ?
Does it also bother you that you cant watch your new high def tv in black and white :rofl:

Whats everyone elses take on this ?

Am I the only one that could care less about playing old games on a new system that has so much more to offer than an old Xbox game can offer ????

carlbme
12-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Nope, I could care less about B/C. But considering how huge of a hit it was with the PS2, it would of been stupid for them not to include it. Too many people do care about it for them not to do it.

thatdude222
12-19-2005, 06:36 PM
B/C rules for now, but noone will care in 2-3 years.

Ninjermy
12-19-2005, 07:03 PM
I care because it means I can rid of my xbox now and still play many xbox games on my 360 before more 360 games come out. Because really there arent that many awesome 360 games even out yet...

CrazyCougar
12-19-2005, 07:07 PM
I like it because there are certain genres of games you may not find on the 360 for some time or ever. One of the best Xbox Live games, Pro Fishing Challenge, will never have a sequel so it needs the B/C to allow the anglers to continue playing it. The game never gets old. And this is after 1 year and 5 months of playing it so far.

There are a lot of titles that dont need to be converted, but in my opinion there are quite a few that should be and will continue to be played no matter what the 360 library has to offer. PFC being one of them.

ShadedNine
12-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I won't care once the 360 is running full swing, but as I've already stated, I find myself greatly dissapointed by the lack of 360 versions for titles being released on the Xbox after the 360 launch.

Not that I care much mind you...I barely care to even bother playing said titles on Xbox, even though I might have purchased them had they been available on the current hardware.

l Maximus l
12-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Personally, I don't care...the only games that I wanted B/C are Halo and Halo 2...but, I'm far more into NFS: Most Wanted at the moment. I'll likely not look back and only forward. I already own an original XBox.

DD-KGann
12-20-2005, 03:24 AM
I would like to have a greater B/C list, so I could play my BF2 and such.

Jackyboy
12-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I would like to have a greater B/C list, so I could play my BF2 and such.
they are making a bf2 for the 360. dont worry

RefTrader
12-20-2005, 10:26 AM
its definately good, I'm not going to buy Madden until next august, nor will I buy a racing title for a while since i got Forza... there isn't even a MVP 05 out for 360 b/c 06 will be coming soon.. so why would I want to have an Xbox and a 360 hooked up when I can just have the 360 hooked up?

Bmoreforeva
12-20-2005, 12:42 PM
everyone loves classics

DD-KGann
12-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh yes, great idea. Instead of just letting us PLAY my already bought BF2, charge me another $59, and I'll buy it again.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-20-2005, 08:13 PM
The only reason that I wanted BC was to play through great games like Splinter Cell in a year or two just because it was such a great experience. I also wanted it because I think that it would be sweet to play say Halo 2 a year from now with your buddies just like good ol' times. I dunno I guess I feel like games like Halo 2 and Halo and all the Splinter Cells are classics that people will play for years to come just like a Pacman or a Snake.

StudioAlex
12-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I think all resources of a console should be devoted to the future, not the past.

I attempted to play exactly three PS1 games on my PS2, and it regularly crashed on one of them, so I was forced to pull out my PS1 anyway.

Slimegreencat
12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I think all resources of a console should be devoted to the future, not the past.

I attempted to play exactly three PS1 games on my PS2, and it regularly crashed on one of them, so I was forced to pull out my PS1 anyway.

My point exactly :cheers:

laughs
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
At first I thought I could just pop in my xbox games and play them, but you have to do a whole bunch of stuffin order to play them so ehhhhh.

George89
12-21-2005, 05:17 PM
it'd be just something nice to have