PDA

View Full Version : XBConnect help

Jackyboy
12-20-2005, 07:59 PM
I need helping finding the right wire to hook up my xbox to my router

xbconnect says i need an rj-45 cable, is that the same as a system link cable? is it the same cable i would use to connect live?

DD-KGann
12-20-2005, 08:05 PM
All you need is a standered Ethernet cable, which yes, is the same as a "system link" cable. I just hooked my XBC up last night, and it worked without a hitch. My Xbox was already plugged into my router for XBL, so all I had to do was open up the program, join a LAN, and hit "System Link" on Halo 2, and it connected perfectly.

Good luck man.

Jackyboy
12-20-2005, 08:18 PM
could i use a live headset too?

Jackyboy
12-20-2005, 11:08 PM
ok i got it to work.. if anyone wants to play cod1, halo, forza, or pgr2 send me a pm
xbconnect - Jackyboy86

DD-KGann
12-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Only bad thing about XBC...FULL of modders/hackers.

r3lik1
12-21-2005, 07:39 AM
for the life of me, i couldn't get this to work!!!! =(

i tried EVERYTHING!!! But when i went into system link...NOTHING!!!

so i gave up!! i think its b/c i have wireless

OppiumNitrates
12-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Only bad thing about XBC...FULL of modders/hackers.

As apposed to XBL where none of that goes on.

r3lik1
12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
As apposed to XBL where none of that goes on.

not NEARLY as bad as XBC

ll Mista GT ll
12-21-2005, 04:11 PM
not NEARLY as bad as XBC

Exactly. On XBC, they premote modding.... (well not really) but they have a Halo 2 mods section...

Little 10 year old whores come in and mod in a just for fun game... like WTF.

OppiumNitrates
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Exactly. On XBC, they premote modding.... (well not really) but they have a Halo 2 mods section...

Little 10 year old whores come in and mod in a just for fun game... like WTF.

First of all MODDING is NOT equal to CHEATING

Modding has produced alot of really cool things like Counter Strike but i do agree that modding in a community where modding is not allowed should be looked down on. But since there is a Halo2 modding section I dont see the problem.

DD-KGann
12-22-2005, 04:30 PM
No no, by modding, I beleive me mean hacking your rank up, unlimited ammo, etc. I was killed 32 times by a kid who never died. There was no ammo/weapons on the ground, and never had to re-arm. He later admited to me it was a "code breaker" mod that would give him unlimited ammo.

And no, hacking is not too too bad on XBL, because MS has begun to crack down on it. Sure, not as much as Punkbuster does for PC, but their making baby steps.

spiegelj
12-28-2005, 02:31 AM
for the life of me, i couldn't get this to work!!!! =(

i tried EVERYTHING!!! But when i went into system link...NOTHING!!!

so i gave up!! i think its b/c i have wireless

are you still having problems

are you useng xbconnect
if so you can go to find my councle
thire should be a prompt asking about wireless

l Maximus l
12-29-2005, 02:12 PM
No no, by modding, I beleive me mean hacking your rank up, unlimited ammo, etc. I was killed 32 times by a kid who never died. There was no ammo/weapons on the ground, and never had to re-arm. He later admited to me it was a "code breaker" mod that would give him unlimited ammo.

On XBC, they are System Link games and ranks do not apply.

I don't play Halo 2 anymore because of all of the cheaters...besides, it's not nearly as fun as the first Halo. Halo CE takes skill...Halo 2 does take some skill, but, it's cheap as hell because of the magnetic bullets and large hit boxes. The melees suck, the jumping blows, no fall damage...I can write a book on this subject.

ll Mista GT ll
12-29-2005, 02:48 PM
On XBC, they are System Link games and ranks do not apply.

I don't play Halo 2 anymore because of all of the cheaters...besides, it's not nearly as fun as the first Halo. Halo CE takes skill...Halo 2 does take some skill, but, it's cheap as hell because of the magnetic bullets and large hit boxes. The melees suck, the jumping blows, no fall damage...I can write a book on this subject.

Wanna play now? :huh: