PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Controllers

Salmonaitor
12-21-2005, 09:09 AM
I've put in some serious time on my xbox360, and a month after launch, I'm still on my original batteries that came with the controllers. I look at the health of the batteries on the screen, and it only shows 1 bar depleted. This is amazing. Now, of course it could just be that I'm an awesome and efficient gamer, but seriously, I thought I would be replacing these things like crazy. I don't even have the play and charge kit.:cheers:

Brevity
12-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I have a Logitech 39$ PS2 troller that uses two double AA as well and I think I replace them maybe once a year. And that troller gets used many times each day by me and my kids. It has an auto off after like half a minute though. lol

I am starting to wonder if I shouldnt take my play and charge kit back.

swivel
12-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I've put in some serious time on my xbox360, and a month after launch, I'm still on my original batteries that came with the controllers. I look at the health of the batteries on the screen, and it only shows 1 bar depleted. This is amazing. Now, of course it could just be that I'm an awesome and efficient gamer, but seriously, I thought I would be replacing these things like crazy. I don't even have the play and charge kit.:cheers:

Wow. This is great news. Thanks for the heads up, Salmonaitor. That will save me some bucks when I get a bundle next year.

Whisper
12-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Yep the play and charge kit is useless. The battery life is amazing even on the no name brand rechargables I am using. All you need is 4 per controller, and when 2 run out you can charge them and your replacements will give you plenty of time to do that.

laughs
12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm also on the original batteries, and I expected them to have warn out weeks ago. Now, where do you find out how much batterie life you have left?

Salmonaitor
12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm also on the original batteries, and I expected them to have warn out weeks ago. Now, where do you find out how much batterie life you have left?
when you're in your dashboard, there is an icon that appears in the top left(ish) corner.

Do you have live hooked up yet your whore? Sheesh, I've freakin' waiting here.

laughs
12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Do you have live hooked up yet your whore? Sheesh, I've freakin' waiting here.

lol I never even tried after.... I shall attempt tomorrow, and if I can't do it,I will destroy my 360. Right now it seems that I may have to format my computer again :cuss:

ShadedNine
12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
My original batteries died maybe a week or two after I bought it. Didn't seem very impressive. But, after a single change, the next set is still running strong, so I think I just got some bad batteries. I'll switch over to NiMH after I pick a few more up, I only have 4, and they stay with my camera stuff.

ll Mista GT ll
12-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, It's neat how Microsoft bundled batteries with the controllers. :cheers:

ShadedNine
12-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Most products are careful to give you everything you need right out of the box to plug it in and start playing. They give you batteries for the same reason that a digital camera, for example, will too, along with a tiny, wasteful, and nearly uselessly small memory card.

F1Ox
12-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Yep the play and charge kit is useless. The battery life is amazing even on the no name brand rechargables I am using. All you need is 4 per controller, and when 2 run out you can charge them and your replacements will give you plenty of time to do that.
Don't say that dude . I just bought a play and charge kit lol.

AdventChild
12-22-2005, 07:37 AM
one of mine just died, damn but lucky i have two so i dont have to run out right now and get some more batteries

Jackyboy
12-26-2005, 03:00 PM
i still cant find where to see battery life? help

ShadedNine
12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
top left in the little in-game dashboard thing (press the X on your controller while in a game). It probably shows up somewhere in the regular dashboard too, though I have no idea where.

ll Mista GT ll
12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
:rofl: I ordered one from www.futureshop.ca today. 53 dollars for Boxing Day. I dont even have a 360 yet! :rofl: