PDA

View Full Version : The mainstream media is anti-Xbox.

Fanboy X
08-07-2001, 08:41 PM
If you have paid attention, you would have noticed that the gaming media is not cutting the Xbox or Microsoft any slack. It is painfully obvious that they don't want them here and what it comes down to is they are afraid of change. They dont like the Xbox because they are afraid it will rain on their clown party. They want to just hold hands and sing happy little Japanese songs. I say too damn bad. Microsoft is here to stay and while the media may not especially like them, the retailers and developers love the Xbox. It's powerful, easy to develope for, has an awesome lineup and incredible financial backing. Microsoft is not playing around here folks.

Another thing I want to touch on is the GC and PS2 fanboys. They are as afraid of the Xbox as anyone. I have never seen more trolling by them than I see at Xbox fan boards. They are not happy until they can can somehow prove to themselves that Microsoft isnt going to stomp all over their favorite game system. Thus it never ends..... they come they bash they sleep better. (or something) :rolleyes:

Koopa
08-07-2001, 08:51 PM
The mainstream media people are idiots. They dont know the difference between an NES and a PSX...they just have to cover all the big gaming expo's because its too big of a news story to not cover....buut...i remember after E3 on ABC I saw quite a few pro-Xbox stories. As a general rule, though, the media seems to be pimping sony more than anyone else.

Speaking of general rules...don't make a general rule of thinking one console's fans are idiots. Its hard to believe, but there are a few intelligent gamers out there that support every system, except probably that wacky Indreama thing:D

Door69
08-08-2001, 12:29 AM
in the ->next gen mag i got toay i was expecting to here somethin good about the x box instead i see a article named "countdown too a crisis... Has XBox gone sour?" A quuote said "we advised ms early on to acquire exclusive content, but for the most part, they ignored us" wwwwwwwhhhhhhat
This was from a anonymos game designer The article sounded like alot of bull **** almost every comment was made by anonymos people

thedrisc
08-13-2001, 02:42 PM
Ok this is an odd one. I did some research about nextgen mag and found out that it is owned by the same company that is publishing the OXM. which is the same company that owns PC Gamer. so I am not sure what to conclude on that one but here is the very long articlehttp://cma.zdnet.com/texis/techinfobase/techinfobase/+ih_evl5vxzmwwwhqFqossXv9+K6mzmwwwwnzmwwwwpFqrp1xmwBnLFqnhw5B/display.html

Maybe they just want to sell more mags???? scratches head....

Devil May Cry
08-13-2001, 07:59 PM
Next Gen iws owned by imagin media, they are the parent company.

Imagine media is also putting out the offical xbox-magazine if you read on intot the later stages of the magazine. They did a 16 page mini-magazine showcasing the xbox and all its games.

So you really can't say next-gen is biased, just that writer's opinion is.

Aaron
08-13-2001, 08:21 PM
BuMp That

thedrisc
08-13-2001, 08:27 PM
I know about the pc gamer mag and OXM. if you read this article it says that the company is hurting for money and I think they are going to turn next-gen into a ps2 and gamecube mag.

then they will have an xbox mag, a pc mag and a ps2-gamecube mag

Lioness
08-15-2001, 11:15 PM
When those idiot reporters are lying in the fetal position crying because X Box leaves all the competition in the dust I'll walk up to them- with just a humble little swiss army knife...and I'll do things to them...that'd make the Devil himself vomit. >:)

Spuz
08-16-2001, 02:04 AM
I'm sorry, Lioness, you don't sound much better than them when you say that sort of thing. I know, we've all been pestered by fanboys of other consoles. Sometimes I check out their forums, too, and I don't see this kind of crap going on in their forums. Maybe it has something to do with the maturity level of most X-Box gamers? Personally, I just don't like it when people are misinformed about the X-Box.

dances with broom sticks
08-16-2001, 12:46 PM
hey spuz.. i have visited quite a few gamecube sites, just to check out the system. and i think the reason there is no xbox fans is because, on every site i visited, they had no more then 100 members in the forums? talk about sad...

Manny
08-16-2001, 01:17 PM
Funny. I'm not specifically a GameCube fan, but I think Nintendo is the best company (possibly because of nostalgic feelings), but on the forums I come from, it's the Xbox fanboys not acting normal and giving their console a bad name.