PDA

View Full Version : Reader reviews...

manboy
02-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Excuse me if this is the wrong forum to say this in, but why oh why, do people see a game, then write a reader review for it consisting of a 1 rating and one sentence that says "I don't like this genre" or "I don't like x". It is really starting to get to me. Doing that is completely pointless and shouldn't happen. How can anyone possibly give a game a 1 because they don't like the genre or the type of game it is? What kind of reason is that?! Maybe if they had played it before it would be acceptable, but previews?! Come on people, that is completely wrong....

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 02:40 PM
I agree!

I can't stand it when people rate a game's preview with a 1 because they don't like the genre. But, keep in mind that those scrores don't remain there when the game actually comes out.

After a game has been released, the amazing XBA moderators change it over to a Review screen where people that actually own the game will provide a thorough review.

With that said, it's good to keep in mind that those ratings won't stick around permanently. But, it is great to measure a hype meter.

Hope that helps! :)

Caspel
02-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Lately I have been trying to get rid of all those pesky 1 rating haters of the game. If they have a good reason, then yes they stay but there is so many of those haters out there. Can't believe it, I try my best to take out the bad and let all the good stay.