PDA

View Full Version : Rent games? Heads Up!

JJaX
02-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this before. But at block buster they put stickers on the Discs. And sometimes they mput the stickers to far to the side that they actually hang off. I rented RAW and the sticker was hanging off the side (i didnt notice at the time).

And when i put it it i heard the sticker make a click sound everytime it rotated.

CliCK* .....CliCK* ....CliCK* ...CliCK* .CliCK* .CliCK* CliCK* CliCK* CliCK* CliCK* CliCK* CliCK* CliCKCliCKCliCKCliCKCliCLCliCK

You get the point ;)

So a fair warning that these stickers might actually break off and mess stuff up in your box.

Im bored, Thats why i made this thread Ok!!! Leave me alone :(

Plewis
02-22-2002, 03:37 PM
I always check to see if the stickers hang off... it never has, those guys at my BB must be more competinent than at yours:cool:

Spaztic
02-22-2002, 04:16 PM
I remember a statement by M$ that told blockbuster that they shouldn't put labels on the cd...I guess nothing came of that!

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 04:21 PM
In the XBox manual, they make it very clear to not use a disc even if it has a sticker not hanging over the edge...even if it is perfectly set on top of it. It can seriously throw off the laser and could damage the XBox.

That's why I don't go to Blockbuster. At the Hollywood video near my home, they don't put any stickers on the games. It's much safer that way. Also, when renting games, it's not a bad idea to make sure the game is clean...and, wiping it down before putting it in your XBox wouldn't hurt either. Remember, you have no idea who had a specific game disc in their hands before you. So, consumers beware! :)

Frostberg
02-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Hmm blockbuster is stupid because I rented road rash for my PSX like 4 years ago and they had a stupid little sticker on it, and it peeled off the data because as most of you should know that data is really on the top of the cd, so the silly stickers blockbuster uses were those metal shiny ones, so I accidently peeled it off because it was hanging, and well the disc didnt work after that. Silly Blockbuster...

Snoopy7548
02-22-2002, 06:42 PM
i dont even know why they put the stickers on, its pretty stupid. it doesnt really have any purpose, except saying that the game is property of blockbuster. i went to blockbuster today to rent ssx tricky for the xbox (man this game sucks sh*t, amped is so much better), and they actually had the nerve to put a ps2 manual in the case with the xbox game! what dumb sh*ts

Toonz
02-22-2002, 06:45 PM
My Blockbuster has stickers but they are round and only cover the little hologram in the centre so there are no problems.

monkeyman
02-22-2002, 06:46 PM
ohhhh god thos horible stickers ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh