PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if a steering wheel is available yet?

Headhunterx
12-25-2005, 07:44 PM
I am new here and just got my 360 for Christmas and was wondering if there was a steering wheel available yet (Wireless)?

Thanks
:cheers:

killerscott
12-26-2005, 12:26 AM
http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=260&CategoryImg=Xbox_360_Wheels

tis nice looking... not out yet i guess. coulda swarn i saw thems at bestbuy.

Dj Logical 1
01-01-2006, 03:51 AM
thats a pretty sweet wheel. I never liked these steering wheels, for some odd reason it never felt "more realistic" i dont know why not but yeah that one seems cool.

ShadedNine
01-01-2006, 03:36 PM
It looks nice, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will still 'feel' wrong. They all do. Maybe it's the way it only turns about halfway each direction...maybe it's just the way the cars respond in the games, but I've never been able to feel comfortable with one.

ll Mista GT ll
01-01-2006, 03:40 PM
This is a must have! But of course, it will cost $100+ so I probably wont get it :(

pjh13
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's the way it only turns about halfway each direction...maybe it's just the way the cars respond in the games, but I've never been able to feel comfortable with one.

i have always felt the same way. I actually ended up breaking a sterring wheel i had for my computer because of the lack of turning by the wheel. i found that everytime i would try and make a hard turn i would end up turning to hard and pushing the wheel past the point where it is supposed to go if that makes sense. That is clearly not that realistic so it makes the whole concept pointless to me. but thats just me and i am sure many people love driving with a steering wheel as a controller.

ShadedNine
01-02-2006, 01:21 AM
i have always felt the same way. I actually ended up breaking a sterring wheel i had for my computer because of the lack of turning by the wheel. i found that everytime i would try and make a hard turn i would end up turning to hard and pushing the wheel past the point where it is supposed to go if that makes sense. That is clearly not that realistic so it makes the whole concept pointless to me. but thats just me and i am sure many people love driving with a steering wheel as a controller.

Yeah...maybe you just get used to it. Even then though, it still feels a long ways off from an actual car, so I'd just as soon use a controller so I'm not trying to find the stick. The way I sit in front of my TV isn't exactly conductive to using a set of pedals either.

killerscott
01-03-2006, 10:22 PM
yeah i agree it never feels real. Idk... I do like, however, how it has the leg impressions so it will fit on your lap right.