PDA

View Full Version : SONY feeling threatened?

Romo28
02-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Japan Xbox Launch: Sony Considers Lowering PS2 Price
22-FEB-02

Mainichi Interactive reported that Sony Computer Entertainment is considering a price drop for the PlayStation 2 game system in Japan, in an apparent strategic response to today's Xbox launch and the looming three-console marketplace. (http://www.gamepro.com/sony/international/games/news/21001.shtml)

:eek:

GRAVEDIGGER
02-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Hell yea, it was just a matter of time before they felt all threatened, because they totally thought that the XBOX would be garbage, and now they are gonna release the PS3 way earlier than they expected, just to stay competitive!!..lol...and BTW "Poor, Poor Gamecube" its gonna go home and cry to its mommy :( (Original NINTENDO)

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Nato King
02-22-2002, 11:11 PM
Sony would need to bring out ps3 if they want a chance too keep the top because Microsoft is taking over the top.

And the gamecube never had a chance in this war.

LynxFX
02-23-2002, 12:54 AM
Hey we should actually be thanking Nintendo. We wouldn't be seeing price drops as fast as we are if it wasn't for Nintendo's low entry price of $200. Competition is good. :)

Back on topic, I think Sony has recently had alot of urgent meetings figuring out their new future plans. No more taking it easy and waiting five years for the next gen console.

jhixson2
02-23-2002, 10:18 AM
haha sony got scared! its about time they seen the future and release the next ps! the ps3! but with such a big installed user base, they really dont need to release the ps3!

Ninja Scroll
02-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w
Sony would need to bring out ps3 if they want a chance too keep the top because Microsoft is taking over the top.

And the gamecube never had a chance in this war.

Like serg w said, only the PS3 will ever be able to compete with da Xbox, but by the time that system rolls out the Xbox2 will be on it's way to destroy another Sony system!:D
Da dude dat owns ..or should I say in control of the videogame part of Sony already said da PS3 will be released before they intended on because on Microsoft's Xbox!:cool:

NomadLLama
02-23-2002, 11:31 AM
ha! finally those bastards at sony are lower their price for that PS2 ****. when PS3 (what an original name!) comes out in about 2004, I am expecting about a processor that run at about 500MHz and a graphics processor at about 250-300 MHz, but even then, if they want to keep the price low to sell, they might have to cut corners. NO ONE WANTS TO BUY A $500 SYSTEM! especially a playstation--- (whatever the number). even if it does have specs close to what I said, it still won't be as good as Xbox!

I am not sure about Xbox2 tho. are they really gonna name it that? maybe 1.5GHz for that or 2.0 with what will be a geforce6.... er eh i dunno.

Arsenal012
02-23-2002, 11:38 AM
hoe well did the xbox launch go any way? sold out eveywhere?

Xboxfan123
02-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Miyazaki must be crawling the walls after reading that. I wish I could have read his 14 paragraph cut and paste on that one. Not!

In Canada the diff in price on the two core systems is $5. Sony has to do something. I'm sure Sony doesn't need my advice but a good business move would have been to lower the price of the PS2 a month before Xbox and GC launched.

batman46st
02-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
ha! finally those bastards at sony are lower their price for that PS2 ****. when PS3 (what an original name!) comes out in about 2004, I am expecting about a processor that run at about 500MHz and a graphics processor at about 250-300 MHz, but even then, if they want to keep the price low to sell, they might have to cut corners. NO ONE WANTS TO BUY A $500 SYSTEM! especially a playstation--- (whatever the number). even if it does have specs close to what I said, it still won't be as good as Xbox!

I am not sure about Xbox2 tho. are they really gonna name it that? maybe 1.5GHz for that or 2.0 with what will be a geforce6.... er eh i dunno.

I think a phat name for the xbox 2 would be the thebox2 lol i dont know i got bored... you tell me wat u think would be a cool name.

Angell
02-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Sounds like Sony is running for cover, I mean with the PS2 released not terrably long ago, even a heavey PS2 fan might have troubles going on a new console so quickly (PS3). :eek:

Snoopy7548
02-23-2002, 03:55 PM
i just think that microsoft and nintendo should team up, cause they like have the only systems with the really good games, most ps2 games are rushed pieces of sh*t, there like 400 ps2 games out already! nintendo makes some good games, and they have good support, same with microsoft, so they should just team up and kick sonys ass

Plewis
02-23-2002, 04:47 PM
I don't think that ps2 prices arent going to go down more than $15 soon. The fact is people are still buying the PS2 even though it is the worst console out. BTW-Ninja did you read that they were going to rush the PS3 on this site? Because if you did... it's not true, i read it too then I went to IGN or GAMESPY and they said that Sony wasnt even afraid of XBOX

Snoopy7548
02-23-2002, 06:11 PM
yea, those sony people are so scared, they have nightmares about the xbox at night and wet their beds! hahaha:eek:

Rock2
02-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Actually I don't know how true this is but I read in the LA Times that sony was gonna lower their price to 199.00 at the first of may.

Shadow Fox
02-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Funny, no one trusts IGN or Gamespot when they say that Xbox is selling at the rate of GCN in September, yet they trust an article by GamePro online that merely SUGGESTS Sony MAY be CONSIDERING dropping the price (which would have been AFTER Xbox launch anyway, going by the date of the article).

Xbox isn't selling out in Japan. So what? Neither did GameCube, and it's doing just as well as Xbox in the US. Point is, both have to compete against Sony, and it will take both consoles to chip at PS2 sales.

Wait til next weeks' Famitsu boards are up; then we'll see how the console did this week.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

GokuX
02-25-2002, 01:38 PM
-From CNN.com

"Sony announced today that they are going to skip the 3rd installment of their PlayStation electronic gaming console and bring out a newer system dubbed the "Playstation 4" to compete with Microsoft's gaming console the "Xbox." Which as of late has sold well in Japan, the cornerstone of Sony's gaming market. Sony couldn't be reached for further comments, but assured the press that their newest Playstation gaming system will be "'a jillion times better than Microsoft's Xbox.'"

Shadow Fox
02-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
-From CNN.com

"Sony announced today that they are going to skip the 3rd installment of their PlayStation electronic gaming console and bring out a newer system dubbed the "Playstation 4" to compete with Microsoft's gaming console the "Xbox." Which as of late has sold well in Japan, the cornerstone of Sony's gaming market. Sony couldn't be reached for further comments, but assured the press that their newest Playstation gaming system will be "'a jillion times better than Microsoft's Xbox.'" Link please. Oh wait, this is another one of your jokes...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Snoopy7548
02-25-2002, 03:27 PM
he just freakin said from cnn.com, look for it yourself you dumb piece of sh*t

jhixson2
02-25-2002, 05:14 PM
its about time!

GokuX
02-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Would any self-respecting company say "jillion?":D

Snoopy7548
02-25-2002, 06:23 PM