PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions: new to xbox/xbox live, please help

DJ tx
01-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Well as some of you may have read in my previous thread, I just got my 360! woohoo! Anyway, I am new to XBox and XBox live, and have some questions.

1. So my girlfriend, while not as into gaming as me, does enjoy to play sometimes, but not sure if you can set up multiple users on a 360. I want her to have her own user so when she makes accomplishments or whatever, we can keep track separately. We also want to race each other on PGR3. So as you can see I need some schooling on what can and can't be done in this regard.

2. I also am curious how the whole XBox live silver and gold memberships work. When I first turned on the xbox, i created my gamertag name, and I assume that since it gave me no errors that there is no one else on Live with that particular gamertag, although I'm not sure if it checks this in the initial setup phase. I would hate to have to change it at some point. In any case, I never put in any credit card info or my address or anything else like that, so I'm not sure if the free silver membership is activated or not. And, if I decide to go for a gold membership at some point I'm not sure how to upgrade this. I'm sure I will want to play online at some point.

Can some of you help to enlighten me on how all this works? I know I am clearly a novice, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

kevinskull1989
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
gold- you can play online with lots of people, message, game, watch movies and chat, etc.

silver- you can earn achievments and message,

silver= free, no credit card,

gold -= cost, possible credit card

GOLD SET-UP INSTRUCTIONS
1.to set up gold, buy a 1, 3, or 12 month subsciption,
2.go to xbox live market place
3. redeem prepaid card
4.enter 16 digit code on back
5.reddeem confirmation

i have two xbox live 12+1 month subscriptions for sell in the trading forum under kevinskull1989 for $35.00 usd shipped---- which is a value of around $55.00 usd shipped from anotheer site! UP TO YOU

for a little over the price of one, you can get one for you and your girlfriend...your choice