PDA

View Full Version : I need help! And I need it now! If u know anything about tv's plz read!!

Xtopia
02-22-2002, 08:04 PM
I am at my granmas and she has a Zenith rear projection tv...is it safe to play my xbox on it??? thank you!

addict733
02-22-2002, 08:18 PM
they say that "images can burn onto the screen" with rear projection. what u do is upto u. dont risk it if u dont need to.

AlBoogy
02-22-2002, 08:31 PM
I say you do it anyway,,, So if it DOES burn an image, you can tell your grandma its time to get a HDTV!!!! hehe Seriously though, they say it can burn an image but it would have to be the same still screen for a while. I dont think you should worry.

Highlite23
02-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Image burn happens easier on older sets. It's caused by static images, health bars etc...I have a 50" Toshiba my xbox is on, i checked with the manufacturere and they said it is possible, but you would have to play like 70 hrs straight, with no interuption to the static image. Think about it, if you watch CNBC, it has static images on the bottom of the screen , if you watch stocks the bars are static images. I would check if you have an older set, but i doubt you will have a problem.;)

Azazel
02-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Hylite is exactly right! Check out my tv in the picture! (Rear Projection)
Been using it for 6 hours a night since December.
Dont leave the box on pause and go to sleep, but otherwise should be fine.