PDA

View Full Version : X-box connectivity problems

WilKutYerKawkOv
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I have both an X-Box and a x-box 360. I have my gamertag and was able to recover the gamer tag into the 360. My Problem is this. Before I got the 360 I had a membership with X-Box Live for the origional X-box which was connected wirelessly with the X_Box Wireless adapter to my router which has both wireless and wired connectivity. At the same time I have a Media Center PC Connected via Ethernet Cable which has no problems. I also Have a XP Based Laptop which now shares a wireless connection with the X-Box 360 to my router. I should mention I connect to the net through a cable modem connected to the router which has a WAN IN and 4 LAN Ports as well as the wireless. When I first connected the origional x-Box I had to do nothing to connect, at first I had a wired connection and it was detected and setup automatically. After I got the wireless I hooked it up and again it was automatic. Now the problem I am havig is, I have a connection wirelessly using the x-box adapter to the 360. Both the Laptop and Media Center PC Recognize the extender and Xbox 360. I connect to X-Box Live and all works fine. But when I try to make a direct connection from thr router to the x-box I can't get it to connect to the network. If I change back to the wireless adapter the x-box connects fine. The other question is when I do connect with the x-box how do I get my game saves and games played on the gamertag so they can be seen along with the 360 games list and achievments?

l Maximus l
01-05-2006, 01:27 AM
I believe that the Achievements only shows up for XBox 360 games, not original XBox games. All XBox 360 games have your Gamertag connected to the XBox 360 website and track all of your achievements...it must be part of the code of each game.

I've tossed in Halo 2 into my XBox 360 and it doesn't even show up as a game played on my Gamercard. It only shows my other three 360 games - Need For Speed, DOA4, and PDZ.

I also know that if you are trying to use your XBox to play on XBox Live, you'll have to recover your account every time you switch between the consoles...it's a major hassle....unless you have two gamertags and used one for each console...

thatdude222
01-06-2006, 06:46 PM
welcome to XBA