PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound Help

DD-KGann
01-05-2006, 02:45 AM
Okay, I have the Xbox High-Def cables, and I was wondering how to plug it into my surround sound. I have a Panasonic 1400W Home Entertainment System, and I can't figure out how to make it work. It has the ports in the back and all, (Red, Blue, Green, Red, and White), but I can't get it to work. Not only does the surround sound not work, but I can't get the video to show up. It's like it's not even plugged in!

Help.:bang:

DD-KGann
01-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Ok, little update. The audio is coming through fine...but I can't get the video to work. I have the cables pluged into the correct ports, and on the back of my DVD player, it says "Component Out", and that's where I plug it in.

What is going on?!

r3lik1
01-05-2006, 08:16 AM
leave all the cables in the TV except for the red & white.those are the audio cables...plug them into the surround sound and see what happens

DD-KGann
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
That's the problem. I don't have my HDTV upstairs, so the only ports it has is the Red White and Yellow.

But I'll try that idea, thanks for the tip!

DD-KGann
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, that worked! Kind of a redneck way of doing it, but hey, at least it works for now!

r3lik1
01-05-2006, 02:51 PM
glad to help.....so how does it sound???

Salmonaitor
01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
ok, well I have 2 questions.

1. Is this an original Xbox, or an Xbox360 we're talking about?
2. If you're plugging it into a "theatre in a box", have you adjusted your inputs on the home theatre to show the proper video signal?

edit: after reading your post again, am I to understand that the panasonic home theatre that you're running this through is not hooked up to a tv that has component inputs? If that is the case, and you don't have component cables running from your home theatre to your television, then it only stands to reason that your component cables from your Xbox to the home theatre will not work because there is no component video going from your home theatre to your television.

DD-KGann
01-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Ah man, it sounds GREAT! Pumped Madden 06 up on it, turned it up to around 65%, and my walls were shaking when I hit somebody!!!!

Oh, by the way, this is a standered Xbox with High Def cables. I used the standered RCA cables to do this, and I will just use my High Def cables for my 62" downstairs...

Thanks for the help guys! Thanks to ya'll, my wife yells at me both downstairs AND upstairs for the sound being too loud!!!

realgamer88
01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
what i do is i hook the box to my vcr/dvd and then i hook my rca cables to the back of the vcr/dvd and then i hook it to the back of my recever and boom you have sound:cool:

realgamer88
01-06-2006, 09:25 AM
put hte yellow to the tv

DD-KGann
01-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Or, just buy a modulator... like I did.

ShadedNine
01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
You're not actually getting any surround sound from the red+white phono cables.

If you want surround, you'll need the Advanced or HD AV pack, and a TOSLINK cable running to your home theater receiver.

DD-KGann
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I do have the HDTV cables. And yes, it is infact "Surround Sound". I called MS and asked them, and they did a simple walk through.

When someone shoots from behind me, to the left... I hear it from my rear, left speaker. I beleive that is surround, lol. No offense, I am glad people have actually come to help!!