PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

grixse
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Hii all,

i have a quick question, I was at my local BB this afternoon and was talkoing to one of the salesmen there and they said they the had the Xbox 360 preium, so I picked one up. Wen I got it home and cut the protection tape to open the box, I notice that there was another peice of tape under the new peice that had been cut before, would do you any think that could mean? I checked the manafactor date it is 12/09/05, I'm just wondering it this is a refush unit?
I came with the headseat and remote, I thought the newer released system didn't have them.

Question is this, if you were me would you return the unit and try to get another one or keep this one? Has anyone elsenoticed this when buying a 360 from BB in the last few day?

Thanks alot,
George Rixse

r3lik1
01-05-2006, 03:38 PM
They might have just put 2 strips of tape on it...

If it works fine keep it, u still have a waranty thru M$ so |= it

Salmonaitor
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I would play it, and make sure you buy the extended warranty. Chances are that this is a refurb unit, but it's not out of the question that it is new. I had a refurb N64, and it lasted me years, and the people I gave it to are still using it. I would go back to the Best Buy you got ift from and ask them. Even take the box in to prove that there were 2 stickers. What I would NOT do is take the 360 back with the box, because they might take it back and it will take you a long time to get another.

Of course this is what I would do, I'm sure most would just take it back and cause a stink.

laughs
01-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd definetly call them, or like Salmy said bring in the box. I'm guessing you paid for a new system, so you should obviously get a new system. Bring in the box and if I were you, I'd leave the system out in your car/truck/ambulance/airplane/boat/horse/tank/ark and if they have more systems in there, I'd ask for another one :) A one without the extra strip of tape.

flyxboxfly
01-06-2006, 12:55 AM
refurbs can sometimes be a better deal, sometimes. basically you have a unit that has the problem fixed.

BORNGD
01-06-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm guessing you paid for a new system, so you should obviously get a new system.

exactly! get a new one!!!