PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox 360 Horror Story...Help?

OutlawSixteen
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey guys. I first of all, want to say how great of a community this is. I've been reading the forums since 2k1 and decided to contribute. Here’s my story.

In December my brand new premium Xbox 360 crashed. I was a little disappointed, but I knew Microsoft would fix me back up. So a week before Christmas I packed up the little guy and sent him to the repair center in Texas. One week later, my 360 came home stripped of it's chrome and memory. I got a HDD-less core system. I figured it was a mistake since those guys have been pretty busy with those other broken 360s.

Later that day (Dec. 21st), I called 1800-4-My-Xbox and spoke calmly to the employee and she told me to send my core system back and I would receive a brand new $399 system. 2 days later I got another brown coffin. I kept the core system until after Christmas since I'd want to game during my break. So, I decided to send the core back on the 27th, since I’d be going back to work/school then.

Apparently, Microsoft got my 360 on the 29th and Due to the new year, my "premium system w/ a hdd" sat in the warehouse until the following Monday. Tuesday the 3rd rolls around and I once again, opened a brown box labeled core on the side. The box didn't lie; I got another a core system. :bang:

I was frustrated to say the least. So I immediately called the service center back and *kindly* asked them to help me straighten out the mess. Now, after a week of phone calls and numerous explanations I'm apparently sucked with this core system.

The Microsoft Rep asked me if I had a serial number or receipt from the original console. I didn't think to write it down before I sent my original console in. I can't find the original receipt w/ the serial number. I hate to be upset by this, since I don't have any proof. But I spent four hundred dollars on this system alone not including games and other hardware.

If anyone has any ideas how to help me, please share. I'm at a loss. Thanks for listening to this mess. I've tried to be calm during this whole mess, but I'm getting really antsy to get this worked out. Again, if you can help me that'd be sublime. I appreciate your time.

r3lik1
01-09-2006, 02:03 PM
PWNED by the man!!!!

call them back screaming!!! always works for me!

OutlawSixteen
01-09-2006, 02:13 PM
PWNED by the man!!!!

call them back screaming!!! always works for me!

Yeah, man. I'm gonna try to handle it calmly, I think if I'm kind the rep. might be more motivated to help me out, than if i was being a jerk. Who knows, maybe that will work. But only as a last resort.

laughs
01-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh man, I feel for ya.... I really don't know what to tell you to do though. If it were me, I'd keep calling/writing. You can't let them get away with that. Where did you buy it? Maybe they have information on your system. I bought my system at EB and they have all the information on file. My name, address, system serial number, warranty info, etc.

pitt4ever
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh man, I feel for ya.... I really don't know what to tell you to do though. If it were me, I'd keep calling/writing. You can't let them get away with that. Where did you buy it? Maybe they have information on your system. I bought my system at EB and they have all the information on file. My name, address, system serial number, warranty info, etc.

That's a good idea.

I hate when people call a place or are talking to someone at a store, and throw a screaming fit. They literally act like five-year olds and like five-year olds, the "adults" will give them anything to shut up. I'm glad you've stayed calm throughout the situation, but it seems like it hasn't done much. I know some customer support people that just get so tired of yelling complainers all day.

Anyhow, good luck, and I hope it all works out.

thatdude222
01-09-2006, 06:31 PM
shout at them, calmness stops after the 2nd **** up.

killerscott
01-09-2006, 11:19 PM
depends on how you paid... now i hope you didnt go in with $400 cash and pay that way... If you used a card or check, wherever you went should be able to look up that kind of information for you... infact they should be able to give you your recipt i think. Try it!

edit: also... shout... it always works... you don't even have to be telling the truth now and you will get a premium if you yell and whine and scream.