PDA

View Full Version : Help With Wireless Controller

nxn611
01-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Hiya, I've had my 360 for about a month now and everything has been working fine up until a couple of days ago. I had the 360 laying vertical on the floor, having moved it from its little cubby because I was afraid of over heating, I was sitting up on the floor and went to move and knocked it down on its side. I was playing NFSW:MW and at first it was fine then after a few seconds it froze (pretty much expected it to) I then had some problems loading after I put it back in but I noticed it was scratched and got my gamedoctor and fixed it up and worked like new. Everything was fine, I thought that I had ruined my 360 and that it would not be under warranty, but it ended being fine until the next day. I was playing Madden for about and hour when suddenly the controller just disconnected. It simply turned off in the middle of the game. I then turned it back on and continued playing, then after a couple minutes it turned off again. Then it started happening randomly. It got so bad that I would turn the controller back on and before I could even use it, it would turn off again, so I quit playing.

So today I tried it hoping that it was a fluke or something and it was fine for once again an hour and then it started turning off again. Now, I noticed something, when it was working, I believe that normally the guide button (logo in between left joystick and buttons) would be lit up in a specific area saying that it was a certain controller, and it would consistently stay lit in that area. When it was working, it would light up randomly on my controller section 1 then 3 then 4 then 2 then 3, it was like it was searching, but it was working fine.

Anyways, sorry for the long post but I thought that all that info would be needed to figure out what is wrong because I've searched and haven't found anyone with the same problem.

If anyone could help me out that would be great, and by the way, I have tried using other controllers and it doesnt help.

Sorry, one last thing. For anyone who has the wireless connector for wireless internet, is the connection any good, as in, good enough to justify the $100 price tag? For some reason my house was built without CAT5 plug ins and I really wanna connect to Xbox Live.

Thanks for your help.

Brevity
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
LoL your battery is dead. And the lights lighting up like that is telling you its dead. After 10% it starts to disconnect.

The wireless adapter is very worth it. Of course you will need a wireless router too. Not many houses are built with CAT5 in them.

ll Mista GT ll
01-10-2006, 03:11 PM
My house is over 15 years old... It wouldn't have CAT5 cables. :D

I hope that charging the 360 conrtoller is the answer.:)

Jackyboy
01-10-2006, 04:50 PM
yeah its the batteries.