PDA

View Full Version : controller splitter?

medictrooper
01-12-2006, 11:40 PM
is there a splitter for xbox 360 for the wired controllers so i can have 4 wired controllers on a system at a time instead of buying 4 wireless ones?

ll Mista GT ll
01-13-2006, 06:45 AM
No, I woldn't think so. Microsoft made like that for a reason obviously (MONEY) If they can get more wireless controllers, it means that they will make 10+ extra dollars, and more money off of the play and charge kits etc.

So basicly, no. Sorry :(

Crazy Joe
01-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I cant confirm this, but apparently, even though MS's official position is that this won't work, that a USB 2.0 hub WILL work, especially if it is a powered one.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/usb-hub-confirmed-working-on-xbox-360.htm

Also, apparently there was an article in OXM about it, and hubs work.

thatdude222
01-23-2006, 01:22 PM
yeah they should work, but wireless controllers are so much better!

Ford Mustang
01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
This was in the wrong forum, so it has been moved to the proper one.

pjh13
01-24-2006, 12:26 AM
i would imagine even if MS never makes an offical one some one like mad catz or someone will eventually make one, wont they? i mean there would be nothing to stop them, right?

DJ tx
01-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Well Medictrooper,

I'm sure that it can work based on all the good info here. Seems pretty logical and easy. But why would you want to do this? I guess if I had been given 4 wired controllers for free then I would probably want to make use of them, but the wireless controllers work so well...I can't imagine being wired again.

Maybe if you do have 4 of these you could sell 2 and buy 2 wireless ones. Its such a better experience. I don't mind spending the extra $10...its totally worth it. I used to HATE finding ways to wrap the cords around the controllers to keep them out of the way when not in use. I'll never go back to wired controllers. I obviously have no idea what Sony plans for the PS3, but I would doubt that any console after the 360/PS3/Revolution will even make wired controllers. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, if wired controllers is what you want then good luck. See you on XBL sometime...just don't beat me too badly (assuming you have PGR3 and are good at it).