PDA

View Full Version : Backwards Compatability List (11/07)

Highlite23
01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Updated November 2007: Current List from Xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm)

We will update as needed.

As updates are done, the posts corresponding to previous updates will be deleted from this thread to keep it up to date.

Games of note that were added(11/07):
2006 FIFA World Cup
25 to Life
AMF Bowling 2004
Apex
Arena Football
Armed and Dangerous
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu
Bionicle
Blade II
Blinx: The Timesweeper
Blitz The League
Blood Omen 2
Blowout
Breakdown
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2
Championship Manager 2006
Colin Mcrae Rally 2005
Crime Life: Gang Wars
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dungeons& Dragons Heroes
ESPN College Hoops 2k5
ESPN NFL 2k5
Fantastic 4
FIFA 06 Soccer
Fight Night: Round 3
Final Fight: Streetwise
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Freedom Fighters
Freestyle Street Soccer
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla Save the Earth
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max’d
High Heat MLB 2004
Hunter: The Reckoning
Indiana Jones And The Emperors Tomb
MLB Slugfest Loaded
MVP Baseball 2003
MVP Baseball 2004
Nascar Thunder 2002
Nascar Thunder 2003
NBA 2k3
NBA Ballers
NBA Inside Drive 2002
NBA Street V3
NCAA College Basketball 2k3
NCAA March Madness 2005
NCAA March Madness 2006
NFL 2k2
NFL 2k3
NHL 2005
NHL 2K3
NHL Hitz Pro
Nightcaster: Defeat The Darkness
NTRA Breeders Cup: World Thoroughbred Championships
Playboy The Mansion
RLH Hunt or be Hunted
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Rocky
Rugby 2006
Shattered Union
Shrek Super Party
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Starsky & Hutch
Syberia II
Techmo Classic Arcade
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Test Drive
The Bard’s Tale
The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Guy Game
The Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age
Thousand Land
Thrillville
Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers
Turok: Evolution
Van Helsing
WarPath
Worms 3D
Zathura

dandaman05
01-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Isn't it sad that XBOX360 has to make a special and separate drive just to be HD compatable.
Furthermore, PS3 is fully backwards compatable, and it has only been out for 3 months or so.
XBOX360 has been out for over a year.

PLAYSTATION 3 WINS HANDS DOWN!!!!!

A more comparative match would be PS2 vs. XBOX360.

Anyways, XBOX360 is a joke.

Viper87227
01-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Isn't it sad that XBOX360 has to make a special and separate drive just to be HD compatable.
Furthermore, PS3 is fully backwards compatable, and it has only been out for 3 months or so.

Look guys, its a complete ****ing tool!

Have you even played a PS3? Tried playing your PS2 games on it? ****loads of them either don't work, or don't work properly. Also, 360 upscales Xbox games, PS2 games on PS3 actually tend to look worse, expecially if your on an HDTV, because it doesn't upscale them, and they look like complete ass.

Whisper
01-22-2007, 10:17 AM
kill the sony intruder!

ACTIVATE MEMBER ANGRY MOB

HaZarD SFD
01-22-2007, 10:27 AM
When the hell they going to get Americas Army Backwards Compatible?

FuNkY mOnK
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM

It's very clear to us that you might own a ps3 and are very bitter. We can understand or at least try to put our self in your shoes. But the fact is that some pros that PS3 had over xbox360 are now cons, Xbox 360 now supports 1080p games and movies Lost planet is one. Blu-ray players are now under $400.00 and getting lower with much better features then the PS3. And as someone stated PS3 actually downscales ps2 games making them look worst which 360 makes old games look better. Besides why would anyone want next-gen system to play old games? to be honest in a few months we wont care.

Bottom line buddy, If you're an early adopter to the PS3... well it sux to be you and quite frankly the future looks pale in comparison to Xbox 360. As for us, we're loving Gears of war and we don't need to explain this one,I'm sure you and your ps3 friends already know this. Oh, one more thing, sh ity 1st post.

knightofpain
02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I wish they'd make Midnight Club 3 playable on 360.:(

HaZarD SFD
02-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I WANT AMERICAS ARMY TO WORK! Damn I miss that game!

Shawn-XBA
02-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I WANT AMERICAS ARMY TO WORK! Damn I miss that game!

That game must be good if you want it BC so bad, I defiantly have to check it out when it does become BC

m4oH
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Morrowind. QQ

EDIT- Been playing too much WoW :p QQ=teary eyes

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-14-2007, 07:08 AM

oh man this site always HAS SOME FUNNY S**T TO READ... anyways i bought ps3 ding bat it was a complete f-ing waste of money. the games are horrible the systems core windows black and gray are u serious i feel like i have one of the first sets of tv's none of its games have replay value why? because theonly thing thats more of a joke than the system its there online can we say LAGGGGGGGG because thats all u get for anything by the way look at the sale diffrence towards launch and ull see who wins.... oh yeah and if we are such a bad system why are we buying out most of the companies that make games for PS and yeah another thing why are they trying to buy off and pay nearly tripple towards games like oblivion and splinter cell to no one other then microsoft IDIOT!!, learn to speak before u open ur mouth THE AGE OF PS is dead!!!!! A much better comparison would be XBOX360 VS XBOX LIVE idiot.... learn something go read abook loooser..:cuss:

Highlite23
03-14-2007, 07:54 AM

You know what he's right, thats it, his argument is so compeling we're switching to "PlaytationAddict" pull the swith Steph, downtime for the revamp. What were we thinking? Its amazing how well this was put together, a single post swaying the masses of the oposition. :bang:

I didn't think people did these ninja threads anymore, dude, welcome and thanks for adding to our member base, but really, what did you think you were going to accomplish around here. You may have, and I meen "May Have" stood a chance in the "Other Console Forum" but seriuosly, do you believe your own..........anyway. Welcome! :rofl:

FuNkY mOnK
03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
We all know what we have and PS3 fans know what they have. Do i care? I still don't own or plan on getting a PS3.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-14-2007, 12:00 PM
You know what he's right, thats it, his argument is so compeling we're switching to "PlaytationAddict" pull the swith Steph, downtime for the revamp. What were we thinking? Its amazing how well this was put together, a single post swaying the masses of the oposition. :bang:

I didn't think people did these ninja threads anymore, dude, welcome and thanks for adding to our member base, but really, what did you think you were going to accomplish around here. You may have, and I meen "May Have" stood a chance in the "Other Console Forum" but seriuosly, do you believe your own..........anyway. Welcome! :rofl:

LMAO-yeah seriously everyone throw away ur xbox's<~~~sarcasm cause i dont think a ps3 owner could be as smart as to catch it lol wat a looser by the time ps3 has a great game we would already have halo 3 gears 2 fable 2 and many more all of them with xbox live lol oh yeah ps3 is winning yeah def there winning to the system most traded it for xbox 360 award ... and highlite i dont think this noob honestly does believes his own hype he's just mad he wasted so much money and got so little for it in brooklyn we call that a chink hustle lol and he def got hustled:hump: hey dont feel sad i got hustled too except i bought it for 500 of a friend of mine and sold it for 2000 more than enough to buy some gear and games for my xbox360 lol U GET THE IDIOT AWARD DAMN I HOPE HE CHECKS THIS THREAD....:rofl:

Miggab
03-20-2007, 06:27 AM

If I were you, I would also be angry as hell. After all that was a lot of money you invested in a system that has not earned its worth as yet. Don't blame the XBOX360 for Sony's failings, instead give credit for the good job MS is doing is acquiring good games for it's system.

FuNkY mOnK
03-20-2007, 06:41 AM
If I were you, I would also be angry as hell. After all that was a lot of money you invested in a system that has not earned its worth as yet. Don't blame the XBOX360 for Sony's failings, instead give credit for the good job MS is doing is acquiring good games for it's system.

And lets not forget that Dreamcast got the On-line game play on consoles the kick start that MS finished. Sony still has no clue as to what works in this area. Another obsticle Sony faces is MS deep pockets and the threat of Sony loyale developers crossing over. Like I always said, new tools new rules. But anyway I'm glad shenmu II is on the list.

Ace080
04-17-2007, 06:14 AM

Hey ,dude i don't know about you i bought the Xbox360 to play games not to watch movies. And the PS3 has a blu-ray dvd player, but there games suck. Xbox 360 games on the other hand are really ******* good. And if i wanted a bluray disc dvd player, well i would go out and buy a dvd player that played blu-ray dvds. :huh: :bang: :argue1:

U.2.K
05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Alright folks its 5/06/2007 and what is the list now, the whole list?

Thanks.

Conchord
05-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Thank god Airfoce Delta Storm is on the list!

metalhog07
06-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Heeeey careful now with that stick!

Backwards compatability is a biggy for many, many gamers. Once in a while a game comes around that simply blasts brains apart with their brilliance. Heck, Doom 3 is a title i am still searching for to play again on my 360. Its an awesome ability, that broadens any videogame library significantly. Case in point: RPGs. You dont need super grafx, just an awesome system and interactivity. such as the FF series, or the DQ series on PS systems.

mattgame
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Absolutely, I agree with you one hundred percent.

MrGTI
07-03-2007, 09:07 AM
According to the list,.... http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm ... Project Gothem Racing 2 is not compatible. :( But Barbie Horse Adventures is. http://vr6.pharfruminsain.com/vwvortex/screwy.gif

What's up with that??

CrazyCougar
07-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Some games end up working due to similiarity in coding. Barbie had coding in common with one of the more popular games, like Unreal Tournament or something, which in turn ended up making the game very easy to convert to BC.

Shawn-XBA
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
When the hell they going to get Americas Army Backwards Compatible?
Today :cool:

Here's the list of new titles that are now backwards compatible:

America’s Army
Auto Modellista
Bass Pro Shops Trophy Hunter 2007
Blinx 2
Bloodrayne 2
Burnout
Crash Bandicoot 4
Crash Bandicoot 5: Wrath of Cortex
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Drive to Survive
Drive to Survive (EM)
ESPN College Hoops
ESPN NHL 2K5
Evil Dead Regeneration
Exaskeleton
FIFA Street 2
Full Spectrum Warrior: 10 Hammers
GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD
Harry Potter: And the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter: And the Prisoner of Azkaban
Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Challenge
Jet Set Radio Future
Justice League: Heroes
King Arthur
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Magic: The Gathering: Battlegrounds
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mech Assault 2
MLB Slug Fest 2003
Morrowind
MotoGP2
Myst III: Exile
NBA Live 2002
NCAA Football 06
Nobunaga no Yabou Ranseiki
Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes of X-mas
Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot
Outrun 2
Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast
Pac Man World 3
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Pro Cast Sports Fishing
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
RoadKill
Rogue Ops
Sega GT 2002
Sega GT Online
Shadow Ops
Showdown: Legends of Wrestling
Silent Hill 2: Dreams
Sponge Bob Square Pants: Lights, Camera, Pants!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Melee
The DaVinci Code
The Sims 2
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2X
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Transworld Surf
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged
Winning Eleven 8
Without Warning
WWE Raw
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dawn of Destiny

DOOM
07-22-2007, 05:59 PM
OTOGI Please....
:cool:

Conchord
08-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I wonder if Morrowind GOTY if going to work.

Variation-XBA
08-08-2007, 01:01 AM
I wonder if Morrowind GOTY if going to work.

Put in the disc and try?

Conchord
08-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Put in the disc and try?

I just tracked down a brand new copy, as soon as it gets here, I will give that a try ;)

fome81
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
looking for a free used(but in working order) xbox lens with control pads and power cables. need em urgently. pls respond

Heeeey careful now with that stick!

Backwards compatability is a biggy for many, many gamers. Once in a while a game comes around that simply blasts brains apart with their brilliance. Heck, Doom 3 is a title i am still searching for to play again on my 360. Its an awesome ability, that broadens any videogame library significantly. Case in point: RPGs. You dont need super grafx, just an awesome system and interactivity. such as the FF series, or the DQ series on PS systems.

Variation-XBA
10-02-2007, 04:45 PM
lol asking for free stuff. Goodluck with that

mattgame
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
looking for a free used(but in working order) xbox lens with control pads and power cables. need em urgently. pls respond

Forget it. You have a better chance of screwin Britney Spears.................. scratch that you probably have a shot there.;)

mastachief_halo
10-06-2007, 01:28 PM
No advertising

Viper87227
10-06-2007, 01:40 PM
got 3 xbox 360 consoles for sale. all used but in great condition. come with original box.

What the **** is it with you guys?

mastachief_halo
10-06-2007, 02:02 PM
No advertising.

Final worning, next infringement = ban

Variation-XBA
10-06-2007, 03:42 PM
mwah

Why are you kissing random people? :watchout:

Shawn-XBA
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Backwards Compatibility List has been updated

The following games have been added:

2006 Fifa World Cup Germany
25 to Life
AMF Bowling 2004
Apex
Arena Football
Armed and Dangerous
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu
Bionicle
Blade II
Blinx: The Timesweeper
Blitz The League
Blood Omen 2
Blowout
Breakdown
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2
Championship Manager 2006
Colin Mcrae Rally 2005
Crime Life: Gang Wars
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dungeons& Dragons Heroes
ESPN College Hoops 2k5
ESPN NFL 2k5
Fantastic 4
FIFA 06 Soccer
Fight Night: Round 3
Final Fight: Streetwise
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Freedom Fighters
Freestyle Street Soccer
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla Save the Earth
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max’d
High Heat MLB 2004
Hunter: The Reckoning
Indiana Jones And The Emperors Tomb
MLB Slugfest Loaded
MVP Baseball 2003
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
Nascar Thunder 2002
Nascar Thunder 2003
NBA 2k3
NBA Ballers
NBA Inside Drive 2002
NBA Street V3
NCAA College Basketball 2k3
NCAA March Madness 2005
NCAA March Madness 2006
NFL 2k2
NFL 2k3
NHL 2005
NHL 2K3
NHL Hitz Pro
Nightcaster: Defeat The Darkness
NTRA Breeders Cup: World Thoroughbred Championships
Playboy The Mansion
RLH Hunt or be Hunted
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Rocky
Rugby 2006
Shattered Union
Shrek Super Party
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Starsky & Hutch
Syberia II
Techmo Classic Arcade
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Test Drive
The Bard’s Tale
The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Guy Game
The Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age
Thousand Land
Thrillville
Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers
Turok: Evolution
Van Helsing
WarPath
Worms 3D
Zathura

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/8767.html (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/../news/8767.html)

cadetchik
05-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Shenmue 2
&
Manhunt works aswell

Max33
08-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Wish they'd put Gun Valkarie on that list.Picked up a copy on a lark & old xbox no workey.

CrazyCougar
08-02-2008, 05:39 PM
MS is no longer working on backwards compatibility.

They are now focused on re-releasing popular Xbox games as Xbox Originals on the marketplace. Downloadable for 1200 MS Points each.

mattgame
08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Thats what I thought. BC is dead.

Swipetek
09-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Lmao, too funny.

Cocoa Rumble
10-20-2008, 01:41 PM
UGH. I'm out the 360 game 6 months, come back, and they STILL don't have Fight for NY on the BC list, but on top of that; haven't updated since LAST YEAR...

-Chappelle Voice- Man, Microsoft is ****ing up...

-forks money over for Fable 2-

lagios
11-22-2008, 03:25 AM
i'm pretty sure that they will include those too

Patience man

Bashgordon
11-22-2008, 05:52 AM
It's sad, i'm still waiting that MS adds the old Mortal Kombat-Stuff (I-III etc...) to the BC-List, or at least the Arcade-Gamelist on the marketplace...

Oh wait a minute, then it would be prohibited/impossible to download it for german residents, like Duke Nukem 3d....its a shame! :mad:

Tony_Macaroni
11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
O man im loving duke nukem 3d on the 360... i still remember all the secrets and **** lol =p

DOOM
03-31-2009, 07:42 AM
Wheres OTOGI?
Man, that game was sweet!:cheers:

behemothZ3R0
08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
So... are they never adding Beyond Good and Evil? :[
I hope BG&E2 comes with an HD update to the original so I don't have to worry about it anymore...

ThisIsTheEnd21
08-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm glad that they added Shenmue II to that list. I've been wanting to replay that game for awhile now. Probably one of my favorite games of all time.

CraftyMan
08-21-2009, 07:34 PM
I've never really used my 360 for Xbox games. Actually, Halo 2 is the only Xbox game that has saved data on my hard drive.

Brysonic
08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
I was really pleased to see Jet Set Radio Future added to the list. That game had great style and music (though it lacked a little in gameplay).

Beyond Good and Evil is the only other game I'm hoping for. It was like Pokemon Snap minus the Pokemon plus engaging characters and storyline.