PDA

View Full Version : Controller analog sticks

NomadLLama
02-23-2002, 11:38 AM
ever since analog sticks were introduced in the gaming industry, on controllers that is, I have always thought that they will eventually become very loose and then rendering the controller to be useless. now I wonder that for xbox or any 3rd party controller for that matter. the stick's movements are soild and firm (okay, if you are sick, that sounds gross but I am speaking about the Xbox analog sticks) but I am still afraid that they will eventually loose to unplayable positions. my friend had an N64 (I know that y'all hate Nintendo) and the stick was soo loose that you couldn't play it. same for a PC controller. will this ever happen on the xbox controller for those of you people that have played Halo since it came out and hasen't stopped?

Toder
02-23-2002, 03:50 PM
That's a good question. But only time will tell if the analog sticks will become loose.

My suggestion though is to go to Best Buy and buy your controllers. I bought a madcatz controller yesterday and paid around $35 for it. And then i went ahead and bought a four year warrenty for too. so if anything happens to that controller , and I do mean anyting, best buy will replace it. Its just seemed the right thing to do for $5.

Snoopy7548
02-23-2002, 03:54 PM
ive like always kinda been against analog sticks, i just felt that they were too hard to use and didnt provide enough control, but now, im starting to get used to them

GamingFreak
02-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
ever since analog sticks were introduced in the gaming industry, on controllers that is, I have always thought that they will eventually become very loose and then rendering the controller to be useless. now I wonder that for xbox or any 3rd party controller for that matter. the stick's movements are soild and firm (okay, if you are sick, that sounds gross but I am speaking about the Xbox analog sticks) but I am still afraid that they will eventually loose to unplayable positions. my friend had an N64 (I know that y'all hate Nintendo) and the stick was soo loose that you couldn't play it. same for a PC controller. will this ever happen on the xbox controller for those of you people that have played Halo since it came out and hasen't stopped?

well im afraid to say .. but yes. I was going to post about this and i think i am, but the quality of xbox controller suck. My sticks are already lose, and actually i can barely play halo anymore, because they dont move as smooth as they used to. Im quite depressed.