PDA

View Full Version : JSRF commercial

fanofslipknotib
02-23-2002, 12:55 PM
I just saw the commercial for it. Now, I don't see what the big deal about it is, it just doesn't look like my kind of game. I just thought I would tell everyone that is gonna get the game, to look out for the commercial.

StudioAlex
02-23-2002, 01:39 PM
I just don't get how anyone who considers themselves a game enthusiast could make a decision based off of a thirty second spot. I'm not tryin to rag on you as there are way too many people who are guilty of this to single you out. But c'mon, let's make informed decisions. It's the best tool we have to point the industry in a direction that benefits the hardcore fan and doesn't exist to appease the legions of casual gamers.

TRUE_GAMER
02-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Well I happened to like it for DC. I'm getting this title for sure. Next week in fact.

fanofslipknotib
02-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I just don't get how anyone who considers themselves a game enthusiast could make a decision based off of a thirty second spot. I'm not tryin to rag on you as there are way too many people who are guilty of this to single you out. But c'mon, let's make informed decisions. It's the best tool we have to point the industry in a direction that benefits the hardcore fan and doesn't exist to appease the legions of casual gamers.

Dude, I didn't decide I dont want this game from watching the commercial. Ive decided I don't want it after reading previews, looking at screens, and reviews of the original. Where did I saw I based my opinion on the commercial? I just made this post so people know to look out for one.

StudioAlex
02-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Sorry I overreacted on you, but I think my point still aplies to many other people out there. The way your post read seemed to indicate that you saw the commercial and were unimpressed purely from that stand point.

Rock2
02-26-2002, 11:20 AM
I kinda agree. I saw the commerial and it wasn't that appealing. I mean people running around on rollerblades and stuff not my thing. I think I'm gonna rent it though just because of all the hype on it.

l Maximus l
02-26-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Rock2
I kinda agree. I saw the commerial and it wasn't that appealing. I mean people running around on rollerblades and stuff not my thing. I think I'm gonna rent it though just because of all the hype on it.

Yeah, I'll rent it, too. I haven't played it before, but, the hype surrounding this game makes it appealing to atleast check it out.

For some reason, it seems to me that it's SSX Tricky on Rollerblades. That's not a bad thing, just a gut feeling that I have while I never have seen it before. Is that a pretty safe guess or am I completely wrong on this?

I'll definately check it out. :)