PDA

View Full Version : Nhl2k6

laughs
01-24-2006, 05:32 PM
-Could they make the goalies any crappier?
-No improvemnets in grapahics at all.
-Online play is super slow.
-Crease control is a pain in the ass.

I say this despite having a winning record. I say this because every game I play there is at least 20 goals scored in total. All I wanted was a good hockey game! I guess I'm going to have to wait :(

ll Mista GT ll
01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear that Laughs. I guess that's another game off my list (I don't even think I was going to get it anyways)

r3lik1
01-25-2006, 08:00 AM
get NHL 2006......i think its way better!!!

...or maybe its because they got the hit stick, and i just love puttin dudes through the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughs
01-25-2006, 10:39 AM
get NHL 2006......i think its way better!!!

...or maybe its because they got the hit stick, and i just love puttin dudes through the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But NHL 2006 isn't out on the 360 :sleeping:

yall
01-25-2006, 11:01 AM
What level are you playing on?

laughs
01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
What level are you playing on?

I'm playing on line, which I believe the default is all-star... The goalies also lick on hall of famer mode :)

yall
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I have yet to play online, but have been schooling my buddy, who usually rocks at hockey. I average 15 or so a game now.

CENCEE
01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
It is slow and the golies do SUK!!!! i avarage about 7 to 8 goles a game!

laughs
01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
It is slow and the golies do SUK!!!! i avarage about 7 to 8 goles a game!

I read some questions on the online desk area, as to why it was that slow and they said it was that slow so there wouldn't be as many goals scored! Ha! Fools gotta learn.

Marc
01-30-2006, 06:25 PM
If you play someone who knows how to use crease control, it's damn near impossible to score. Guys use the desperation save and save it every time. I quit playing it online. It's garbage.

Whisper
01-31-2006, 10:25 AM
hm, i didnt find it slow (especially when there is a game speed slider)

i cant score 7-8 times a game playing on the hard difficulty.. or turning the goalies all the way up

stop being *****s and playing on rookie, no wonder you can score 8 goals..

use the sliders to find your sweet spot, it helps.

swivel
01-31-2006, 10:41 AM
I think the solution to making hockey games realistic, while keeping them fun would be to implement some of the designs in newer racing games. Hockey games should have an average of 3-5 goals scored per game. This would bore many gamers. So what they should do is give you points for other in-game things. Not goals, but like highscore type points. Racing games do this now with catching air, drifting, not crashing, etc..

With hockey titles, there is a lot of effort, but there should be very little payoff. Very few goals allowed. To keep the player interested for the rest of the game, they could rack up points by keeping the puck in the zone for a longer period of time. For length of possesion, for consecutive passes, for power-plays averted. I would keep the integrity of the game intact. Nothing over-the-top or unrealistic. When you accomplish something, say it with normal, scoreboard type text at the top of the screen, and the points given.

The reason I think this is because there are so many things going on in hockey that require skill and patience. The gamer is not rewarded for any of these things right now. They are only rewarded for scoring. So, to make a realistic hockey game, you have to expect the player to spend a lot of time, and receive very few rewards. Only the hard-core are going to put up with this formula. So, what companies have done in the past is make games that appeal to neither camp.

laughs
01-31-2006, 02:45 PM
hm, i didnt find it slow (especially when there is a game speed slider)

i cant score 7-8 times a game playing on the hard difficulty.. or turning the goalies all the way up

stop being *****s and playing on rookie, no wonder you can score 8 goals..

use the sliders to find your sweet spot, it helps.

I'm scoring 7-8 goals playing all-star and hall of famer modes. And when you play "live" there is no game speed slider :p