PDA

View Full Version : PGR Help!!!

XboxAddict482
02-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey, ya'll!!!

I need help with one-on-one with the Corvette. I'll be doing good, but when it comes to the 3rd lap, he gets in front of me. Give me some tips if you have some.

samslophead
02-26-2002, 12:09 AM
You would think that the corvette one-on-one race would be easy, but it was actually one of the tougher and more aggravating challenges that I have played. There is one thing that you have to figure out first: are you racing the corvette to acquire it, or racing the corvette for a medal. If you just want the car, lower the difficulty as much as possible to give yourself a large head start. As long as you beat the 'vette, you will win it, not matter how many kudos you acquire. However, if you are racing for a medal, I found it easiest to give myself a few seconds (2-5) head start just to insure that I get ahead of the 'vette at the beginning of the race. If you have the Ferrari 355, use it; I found it works best assuming that you don't have another freakishly fast car. Try to stay in front of the 'vette if you can by taking the turns wide (be cautious though--there is a certain turn that slopes downhill to the left on like the 3rd lap, and it seems that the ***** in the corvette always takes rams you and takes your back end out there). If the corvette gets ahead of you, the race is pretty much over because it pulls away so fast. The only thing you can hope for at that point is to ram his back end on a turn, hoping that it doesn't spin your car too. I would usually restart the race if the 'vette got ahead of me. I probably tried this challenge 50 times or more; it's not easy.

KingHalo
02-28-2002, 10:32 PM
i beat the corvette with the Nissan Skyline on like the 5th try but i guess i got lucky cuz he got ****y and tried to do a trick or something in the air(on the part with the island) and he crashed and i zoomed past him.

50racing
03-01-2002, 04:59 PM
how do you get the ferrari in that point of the game?

GReeves
03-01-2002, 10:38 PM
I beat the 'Vette with the Ferroce - not so fast, but quick and handles like it's on rails. Oh, yeah, it took me like 50 tries, or more too . . .