PDA

View Full Version : COD2 up to 16 player glitch, lag free?

Brevity
01-27-2006, 07:13 AM
COD2 up to 16 player glitch, lag free?
Dont know if anyone wants to give it a shot and confirm. Taken from TeamXbox forums:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=413807

First you need two people

Player one needs to:

Go to system link and create a game (pick the level and set the times (30, 45, or 60mins) now just stay at the screen don't start the game

Player two:

He needs to starts a different game like, an acrade game (so you don't have to change disks) then player two invites player one to his game. Player one accepts the invite but when it said you will have to log out of pd2 click no

**and now you should be the host of the game and it will be set to the lvl and time limit you set **

good luck and have fun

Now I am personally making an effort to get a better layout of how to do this, so once better directions come to me I will post them. In the meantime, keep this thread bumped and give feedback on if it worked for you or not.

Welcome peeps!

P.S.
Some questions to answer..

Can I pick the time limit? Yes. You can set it to any time you like.

How about the kill count? Yes. You can set it to 300 kills if you'd like.

What about the map? Can I pick the map as well?
I just confirmed that this is a YES. You can pick your map as well.

How about the after action screen, can I turn it off? You may also be able to turn off the after action screen (showing how you got killed), as it is an option in the game for split screen and system link. Still waiting for the answer to this as well.

How many people can you set this up for? I'm hearing 16 players max, but it's being recommended for people who have solid connections as myself to set the room up.

Do I need two Xbox 360's in order to do this? No, you can use one 360. Just click on the System Link screen and set the options up from there.

ok, so will you still play in system link or regular live? s
Yes, that's the glitch. It will turn the lobby in System Link into a Live screen. If your friend gets to the game fast enough then the two of you can play in a 16 player match!!

---------------additional notes---------------

Ability to host at will: CONFIRMED
Ability to select Level: CONFIRMED
Ability to set Time: CONFIRMED
Ability to set Kill Limit: CONFIRMED
Ability to set Score Limit: CONFIRMED
Ability to turn on Friendly Fire: CONFIRMED
Ability to hold more than 8 (up to 16) Players (Private Slots, however): CONFIRMED
Ability to turn off KillCam: CONFIRMED
Ability to set Game Type: UNCONFIRMED

Thanks to ajreynol at teamxbox.com

swivel
01-27-2006, 07:21 AM
I just heard about this from another site. It seems this glitch improves gameplay a TON. It will be interesting to see if the developer patches the game, which will in effect break it, or if they incorporate the glitch in an official manner. It's amazing that the game will run lag-free, but only through a work-around. It means that there is some other function, not essential to the gameplay, that normally loads for multiplay. My guess would be an anti-cheating detector, some part of the Live functionality (like chat or invite), or some sort of snooping/data pooling.

Whatever it was, it was a bandwidth hog, and this glitch seems to lauch a mulitplayer session without putting that other thing into memory. Brilliant. Just goes to show, with enough users, your product will be used in every way possible, in every combination possible. And once something is discovered, it will spread like a firestorm.

Nato King
01-27-2006, 07:42 AM
I am sorry to say but I already put this on the front page news about two days ago. Do you guys check the front page news.

swivel
01-27-2006, 07:51 AM
I am sorry to say but I already put this on the front page news about two days ago. Do you guys check the front page news.

Well. It looks like at least two of us don't. :whistle:

I have my bookmark bring me right into the forums.

*off to check the front page!*

Nato King
01-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Well. It looks like at least two of us don't. :whistle:

I have my bookmark bring me right into the forums.

*off to check the front page!*

man you guys miss out on alot of information that I put on the front page. You need to check it out now and again so you can stay up on the xbox and xbox360 news. Not all news gets made as a thread. www.xboxaddict.com

swivel
01-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I just checked out the front page for the first time ever. Brilliant. I love it. Great content and news.

Thanks Serg.

Whisper
01-27-2006, 09:39 AM
wow.. there are people that really don't notice the front page.. i know we all joke about it, but damn..

Nato King
01-27-2006, 10:05 AM
I just checked out the front page for the first time ever. Brilliant. I love it. Great content and news.

Thanks Serg.

Your welcome StudioAlex-xba, Mattgame-xba and I do are best to put the best of the best news on this site.

Check out the MSN Spaces 360 very cool. I also made a off the topic thread about it check it out.

Brevity
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM

Says it was posted the 26th. Thats ONE day ago in my world. lol

Ya I missed it, but I normaly do check the front b4 posting stuff.
Flavor this thread as being for those who missed the front page/want to talk about COD2 glitch.;)

thatdude222
01-27-2006, 09:14 PM
the 16 player thing needs to be official

Nato King
01-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Says it was posted the 26th. Thats ONE day ago in my world. lol

Ya I missed it, but I normaly do check the front b4 posting stuff.
Flavor this thread as being for those who missed the front page/want to talk about COD2 glitch.;)

That's ok Brevity I was just telling you guys to check the front page more often that's it no hard feelings.:cheers:

Whisper
01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
the 16 player thing needs to be official

yep.. if it can be glitched and can be lag free and fun.. they should definenlty patch it... if something extra is what slows it down.. leave it out

have the original multiplayer w/ everything, and the new multiplayer stripped, but more people