PDA

View Full Version : 18 days and counting...

HaloUK
02-23-2002, 06:36 PM
It's 18 days 'till I finally get my grubby mitts on one of those black bundles of joy!

I'm (obviously) gonna be getting Halo but what should be my choice for a second game?
Is PGR too much like MSR? (I played that to death on the DC and would be bored playing it again)
Is DOA3 more than just a flashier version of DOA2? (played that to death as well..)
Is the Oddworld game any cop? Or maybe something else?

Decisions, decisions.............

monkeyman
02-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by HaloUK
It's 18 days 'till I finally get my grubby mitts on one of those black bundles of joy!

actually theres a really really dark green and grubby mitts? come on why would you want to touch something so beautiful with dirty hands

Nato King
02-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

actually theres a really really dark green and grubby mitts? come on why would you want to touch something so beautiful with dirty hands

lol:)

mattcoxonline
02-24-2002, 04:00 AM
I'm (obviously) gonna be getting Halo but what should be my choice for a second game?
Is PGR too much like MSR? (I played that to death on the DC and would be bored playing it again)
Is DOA3 more than just a flashier version of DOA2? (played that to death as well..)
Is the Oddworld game any cop? Or maybe something else?

+ Halo - I'm getting this. It's god.....
+ PGR - I'm gettin this too. I have MSR but I still think it's worth it.
+ DOA3- I'm getting this too. I haven't played DOA2 too much, but I liked this game when I played it back in December.
+ Oddworld - I have played this, for about 15 mins. I 'm not gettin it cos I find these games too boring for my liking. Well, to put it another way, I wouldn't like to spend £45 on it..

What else am I getting....oh yeah.... I have pre-ordered WWF Raw.

May I suggest a choice between:

Jet Set Radio Future
Blood Wake
Amped
Max Payne
or...
Wreckless (22/03/2002)

Rancey
02-24-2002, 04:05 AM
Australia gets theirs 10hours before UK, muhahaha :)
To bad our launch list isn't as good as UKs (for what reason I don't know).

HaloUK
02-24-2002, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!
I've Played Jet Set Radio on the DC and am worried that 'future' may be too simular and I've got Max Payne for the PC already (Hang on, I'm seeing a pattern here - Give us some fresh games!!).

jeah
02-24-2002, 05:26 AM
I would have to say I was most suprised by PGR. I didn't get into MSR on DC(didn't seem like my type of game), but I was bored with DOA3 and traded for PGR. I love this game. I have put over 12 hours into it and i'm still going. I have plenty more hours to go. I can't stop playing PGR. It's so much fun.

Nato King
02-24-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA

What is the lunch list for the UK. I don't think I know. Thanks

mattcoxonline
02-24-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w
What is the lunch list for the UK. I don't think I know. Thanks

From Xbox | 360 (http://www.360net.com):

Before Launch
08/03 - NHL 2002
08/03 - NBA Live 2002

Launch Date - 14/03
Air Force Delta Storm
Amped
Armada 2 Exodus
Azurik
Blood Wake
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Champ Manager 01/02
Dave Mirra BMX 2
Dead Or Alive 3
Formula 1 2002
Fusion Frenzy
Halo
Mad Dash
Max Payne
Genma Onimusha
Project Gotham (MSR2)
SSX Tricky
Star Wars Obi-Wan
Star Wars Starfighter SE
Transworld Surf
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

After Launch
22/03 - Wreckless
22/03 - Test Drive Overdrive
28/03 - Cel Damage
28/03 - Hunter
28/03 - Giants
28/03 - Silent Hill X
28/03 - Deadly Skies
28/03 - Blood Omen 2
28/03 - Test Drive Off Road: Wide Open
28/03 - Knockout Kings 2002
29/03 - Simpsons Road Rage
26/04 - Agassi Tennis
26/04 - All Star Baseball 2003
26/04 - Gun Valkyrie
26/04 - Mike Tysons Heavyweight Boxing
03/05 - Spider Man: The Movie
25/05 - Taz Wanted
31/05 - All Star Baseball 2003
31/05 - Burnout
31/05 - WWF RAW
31/05 - Rallisport Challenge
26/06 - Legends Of Wrestling
26/06 - TOCA Race Driver
26/06 - Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
26/06 - Nascar Heat
26/06 - Unreal Championship
25/07 - Transworld Snowboarding
25/08 - Chris Edwards Agressive Inline Skater
27/09 - Zidane Generation
27/09 - Turok Evolution
27/09 - Kelly Slaters's Pro Surfer

You can print this off and stick it on your wall....

Nato King
02-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

From Xbox | 360 (http://www.360net.com):

Before Launch
08/03 - NHL 2002
08/03 - NBA Live 2002

Launch Date - 14/03
Air Force Delta Storm
Amped
Armada 2 Exodus
Azurik
Blood Wake
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Champ Manager 01/02
Dave Mirra BMX 2
Dead Or Alive 3
Formula 1 2002
Fusion Frenzy
Halo
Mad Dash
Max Payne
Genma Onimusha
Project Gotham (MSR2)
SSX Tricky
Star Wars Obi-Wan
Star Wars Starfighter SE
Transworld Surf
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

After Launch
22/03 - Wreckless
22/03 - Test Drive Overdrive
28/03 - Cel Damage
28/03 - Hunter
28/03 - Giants
28/03 - Silent Hill X
28/03 - Deadly Skies
28/03 - Blood Omen 2
28/03 - Test Drive Off Road: Wide Open
28/03 - Knockout Kings 2002
29/03 - Simpsons Road Rage
26/04 - Agassi Tennis
26/04 - All Star Baseball 2003
26/04 - Gun Valkyrie
26/04 - Mike Tysons Heavyweight Boxing
03/05 - Spider Man: The Movie
25/05 - Taz Wanted
31/05 - All Star Baseball 2003
31/05 - Burnout
31/05 - WWF RAW
31/05 - Rallisport Challenge
26/06 - Legends Of Wrestling
26/06 - TOCA Race Driver
26/06 - Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
26/06 - Nascar Heat
26/06 - Unreal Championship
25/07 - Transworld Snowboarding
25/08 - Chris Edwards Agressive Inline Skater
27/09 - Zidane Generation
27/09 - Turok Evolution
27/09 - Kelly Slaters's Pro Surfer

You can print this off and stick it on your wall....

They do have a good set of launch games for them to start with. Very nice.:)

Rochey69r
02-25-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA

good on ya mate. but rancey dont forget mate i live in australia and have beaten Halo and you havnt even played an Xbox HAHAHAHAHAH HA AH AH AH HAH HA!!

Crazy Joe
02-25-2002, 10:36 AM
DOA3 I own and can vouch that its THE worst game ever. I played it 10 minuts beat the hole game and have never touched it since Nov.15 and 15 minuts.

Wow, that's the game all my friends want to play, it's awesome if you get some 4 player tag team action going on. DOA3 is awesome!!

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Halo is a mandatory game for any XBox owner. If a person owns and XBox without Halo, they don't deserve to own the system :D Just to be blunt :)

Personally, I rank Amped as my #2 game that I own. Simply bad ass.

And, I love Oddworld...it's just plain fun! Probably one of the most beautiful games on the system so far.

PGR is amazing, too....It's very challenging to say the least. I can't wait to get Rallisport Challenge, though...I love rally sport games....And Rallisport challenge looks like a winner...even over PGR if you have the choice. PGR is solid, though...that's for sure :)

Rock2
02-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Dude please do us a favor and tell us how sales are going in your country whenever the xbox does launch. All of the xbox bashers say it will not do well in any country but the usa so I'm hoping to prove them wrong. Wreckless is a cool game

HaloUK
02-25-2002, 01:48 PM
Thanks again for your opinions, I think I'm gonna go with Halo and Amped (played Amped today on a demo machine and was puzzled why people are saying it's hard to control).

As for how the XBox will do in the UK - I think it will sell pretty well. There has been a lot of interest from my friends and from what I've overheard in games shops (apart from the obvious "F***ing hell, it's BIG!") and shops seem to be dedicating a LOT of space to it in preparation (as much as PS2 in some).
Although the adverts haven't started yet there have been a few programs mentioning the XBox and even doing features on it.

Putting all that together with what must be the best line up of games on launch and I'm betting on it selling out.....

Anyway, I finally sold my PS2 today and I'm putting down my deposit in the morning - roll on the 14th!

JADE8704
02-25-2002, 10:34 PM
hey HaloUK...i was just wondering how much people in Europe are psyched about the xbox coming in March? i mean, i know you probably don't know what's going on with the rest of Europe for the xbox, but whats it like where you're at? have there been any pre-launch parties there? and also i was wondering if people were more inclined to the PS2, GAMECUBE or XBOX there? thanx

eddy :)

HaloUK
02-26-2002, 05:35 AM
Like I said, there have been a few programs on TV that have had small features on the XBox (the biggest daytime program had one of the presenters playing PGR) but as yet there hasn't been anything from Microsoft at all (no parties, no ads.. ).
All there is officially are the 'Pre-order your XBox signs in game shops and limited 'pods' with demo machines (just one shop has one where I live).
The pod has working demos of 'Amped', 'Bloodwake' etc.

I would say that there is quite a lot of interest among the hardcore gamers but most other people won't even have heard of the XBox. PS2 is already very popular (about 7 of the top ten games every week are PS2) and the Sony brand is worshipped among younger gamers (I only knew a couple of people who bought Dreamcasts apart from myself - most waited for PS2).

I think the kind of people who will buy an XBox on release will be the older end of the market - people who own PC's. Microsoft need to start showing the general public why XBox is better than PS2 - give us some ads that actually show games running.

As for gamecube, there is nothing. Sorry that's not true, I have seen one poster in a gameshop stating it is on it's way - and that's it! I know no-one who is interested in this machine (although I'll have a look when they release Mario) and there are absolutely no preparations for it in game shops. Even the recent TV spot on dayime TV comparing the XBox with other systems didn't include a Gamecube! (it was put up against a PC and a PS2 and they decided it was the most powerful but a bit XPensive - that's my bad joke, sorry).

I think that's about it - I'll keep everyone informed of the XBox's progress through it's launch.

l Maximus l
02-26-2002, 04:29 PM
I think that's about it - I'll keep everyone informed of the XBox's progress through it's launch.

Well, dude!?!? What's the latest UK scoop, man? :confused:

You will finally get to see what you have been missing! I can't wait to get home!! :D

mattcoxonline
02-27-2002, 02:35 PM
1) Like I said, there have been a few programs on TV that have had small features on the XBox (the biggest daytime program had one of the presenters playing PGR) but as yet there hasn't been anything from Microsoft at all (no parties, no ads.. ).

2) All there is officially are the 'Pre-order your XBox signs in game shops and limited 'pods' with demo machines (just one shop has one where I live).
The pod has working demos of 'Amped', 'Bloodwake' etc.

3) I would say that there is quite a lot of interest among the hardcore gamers but most other people won't even have heard of the XBox. PS2 is already very popular (about 7 of the top ten games every week are PS2) and the Sony brand is worshipped among younger gamers (I only knew a couple of people who bought Dreamcasts apart from myself - most waited for PS2).

4) Microsoft need to start showing the general public why XBox is better than PS2 - give us some ads that actually show games running.

5) As for gamecube, there is nothing. Sorry that's not true, I have seen one poster in a gameshop stating it is on it's way - and that's it! I know no-one who is interested in this machine (although I'll have a look when they release Mario) and there are absolutely no preparations for it in game shops. Even the recent TV spot on dayime TV comparing the XBox with other systems didn't include a Gamecube! (it was put up against a PC and a PS2 and they decided it was the most powerful but a bit XPensive - that's my bad joke, sorry).

1) Yeah I have seen very little. The most I have seen is on Thumb Bandits (UK Gaming Show) on channel four, usually half 11 at night....

2) The demos on those pods aren't too good. I have played the other titles at the Xbox Xperience back in December. Nine titles for over two hours. It was cool. Pleased to say that my local EB said that in about a week they are getting the second installalation of demo dics featuring the more launch titles that have been missed out. Most likely Halo and DOA3.

3) There are quite a few PS2 fans I know that have played the Xbox demo pods. Most have played Amped and said it was crap. I think it's good it's just that PS2 fans are ignorant and won't admit they have just wasted £170+ on a console...

4) Microsoft have revealed one advert but it's not on TV and not showing anything to do with games. Its pretty funny though. I'll leave a link at the bottom of the post.

5) In my local Dixons there is a Gamecube, but no controllers. In the machine they have Luigi's mansion and it shows repeatedly the starting sequence...and is sporting a big sign saying "Do NOT touch!" Don't worry. I won't want to....

Here's the link for the advert:
http://www.playmore.com/downloads/download.asp
It will open in a new window and then click on the version you want to see or right click and select "Save target as.." to save it to your Hard Drive.

HaloUK
02-28-2002, 04:44 AM

1) Yeah I have seen very little. The most I have seen is on Thumb Bandits (UK Gaming Show) on channel four, usually half 11 at night....

4) Microsoft have revealed one advert but it's not on TV and not showing anything to do with games. Its pretty funny though. I'll leave a link at the bottom of the post.

The Daytime show I mentioned was 'This Morning'. They made quite a big deal of the XBox arriving and put it up against the PS2 and PC. As you can imagine, it was all completely embarassing with both presenters (and the female 'expert' they brought on) talk complete b*ll*cks throughout. It was agreed that the XBox was the most powerful but was dissed for the fact that you can't play XBox games on other systems!? No comment.....

That TV ad you gave the link for - is it the 'Life is short' one with the woman giving birth? If so, I thought that was excellent :D but I still think the best way to advertise a system is to show people the games. That would stop a lot of the "So what's so good about the XBox?" "It's no better than my PS2!" etc.

Anyway, I'm glad to know there is at least one other Yorkshire bloke on this forum! :)

mattcoxonline
02-28-2002, 01:42 PM
Anyway, I'm glad to know there is at least one other Yorkshire bloke on this forum!
Who's that then??
Yorkshire - MY ARSE!

HaloUK
02-28-2002, 02:38 PM

Who's that then??
Yorkshire - MY ARSE!
LOL - calm down ar kid....
You're not a United fan are you?