PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Done?

Whisper
02-01-2006, 08:49 AM
In response to the main page story this morning.. I call bull****.

Halo 3 could not possibly be already finished and awaiting printing.. c'est impossible.

Kyle Static
02-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Whisper don't be such a pessemist...we all know hexis is Bungie's Boyeee...izzle....they always go to Hexis first with all groundbreaking announcements....pschaw.

In other news the link has been removed....hmmm....perhaps Hexis realized "0mgz0rs....w3 4r3 t3h l14rzz!!"

EDIT: I stand corrected...it's still here and they are still t3h L14rzz: http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4549&search=halo%203

FB-Gollum
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I told all of you this months ago that it was practically finished and you laughed and doubted. Halo 3 has been in development for years.

Ninjermy
02-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Pshh. I will believe this when I see this on bungie.com

FB-Gollum
02-01-2006, 11:57 AM
In response to the main page story this morning.. I call bull****.

Halo 3 could not possibly be already finished and awaiting printing.. c'est impossible.

Impossible how? Impossible given that Bungie's had 360 dev kits for almost 3 years now? Impossible considering the massive capital at MS disposal? Impossible considering the commitment the MS has made to this venture? Impossible considering that Impossible considering Halo 3 is THE title that will make the 360 and billions in profits rest on it's success? MS thinks ahead. I think it's impossible that it in't near completion and that they would run any risk of it not making a strategic launch. I do not know if I buy that it's getting ready for printing, but I believe fully that it is at the Beta stage of development. If you need more proof, go read Bungie's update. He's talking about getting first glimpses of UI's running on PC's still. *cough*bull*****cough. He's just giving a slow planned release of info. There's no way in hell they are that early in the game or we won't be playing until 2007.

Ninjermy
02-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Remember ilovebees? I mean I sure hope its real, I just have serious doubts.

I'm giving this 1/5 odds that it is real

killerscott
02-01-2006, 12:16 PM
it is hard to believe but anythings possible... they could have been developing it at the same time as halo 2. had like 1 team on halo2 and the other team on halo3. who the **** knows.

Double_Diablo
02-01-2006, 12:21 PM
It could explain why Halo 2 came out so garbage. Maybe the bulk of the team was working on Halo 3.

swivel
02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
This would be a bizarre way to conduct business.

If Halo 3 was ready, there is no way that Gates would allow the release of it until the PS3 launched. Other devs are already delaying their games due to console shortages, so Bungie and Microsoft would as well, for sure.

So. Even if it were ready, it would not be released for at minimum 3 months, but more likely 8 months from now.

There is zero chance that a developer would sit on code for that length of time, especially since this is considered to be the holy grail of the XBox 2, and the game that it will live or die by. Sorry. They would be tweaking the online play. They would be seeing how much they can get out of the extra cores, in order to bump up the polygon count and the texture sizes. They would be playtesting and tweaking like obsessive compulsive people on cocaine.

So. There are two possibilities here...

1. The information is wrong.
2. Bungie and Microsoft are morons.

hmmm.... which is more likely? Eh? The best game developer and the richest man in the world... or some internet rumor... ? Who should we believe.... ?

Whisper
02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
im still standing by my statement.. but i shouldn't have said "impossible" .. because yes, its not impossible.. they could re-release halo 1, and call it halo 3, and that would be halo 3 being released.. so yeah.. not impossible... but improbable

we wont be playing Halo 3 until atleast August / September 2006.. when I thought the game would be out in the first place (my own educated guess from before the 360 was out)

OR, whenever the PS3 is released, prehaps it IS timed for that.. but I don't even know when that system is coming out for sure

but if im wrong, thats cool, because we have halo 3.

pitt4ever
02-01-2006, 03:14 PM
If Halo 3 is even close to being done, heck, we might just see a highly rumored Halo 3 commercial during the Super Bowl. :D

FatBox
02-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Impossible how? Impossible given that Bungie's had 360 dev kits for almost 3 years now? Impossible considering the massive capital at MS disposal? Impossible considering the commitment the MS has made to this venture? Impossible considering that Impossible considering Halo 3 is THE title that will make the 360 and billions in profits rest on it's success? MS thinks ahead. I think it's impossible that it in't near completion and that they would run any risk of it not making a strategic launch. I do not know if I buy that it's getting ready for printing, but I believe fully that it is at the Beta stage of development. If you need more proof, go read Bungie's update. He's talking about getting first glimpses of UI's running on PC's still. *cough*bull*****cough. He's just giving a slow planned release of info. There's no way in hell they are that early in the game or we won't be playing until 2007.
Dude, stfu with the impossible questions.

vman
02-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I think that it's highly unlikely that they could just be "done" right now and just waiting for it to be shipped. I think that it's more likely that the game is in it's final stages of Dev. But I even doubt that to be possible. Of course, if it is true, then this could be a testament of how useful MS's new XNA thingy works. But only time would tell. Right now, the only logical release dates are:
1- PS3 launch 06 (although some ppl think it will be 07)
2- Holiday 06
3- Movie release 07

Whisper
02-01-2006, 05:51 PM
they wouldn't keep all the code complete and not printed... sorry they just wouldn't do it for that long.. it's very common for code to be leaked (remember halo 2 got leaked days before its scheduled release)

bungie wouldn't risk it being stolen and leaked without even letting people know it's complete, near complete, near release.. or even a solid release date

and also.. no matter how "cool" it would be... a surprise release is not good marketing, and will not lead to higher sales.. Bungie just flat out wouldn't do that (unless, like stated before, they're morons)

l Maximus l
02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, if it really is done, I just hope Bungie didn't n00b it out even more than they n00bed out Halo 2 over Halo 1.

I hope they release an on-line version of Halo 1 with the release of Halo 3. That way, if Halo 3, for some reason, blows, we can always play Halo 1 on XBL :)

thatdude222
02-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, if it really is done, I just hope Bungie didn't n00b it out even more than they n00bed out Halo 2 over Halo 1.

I hope they release an on-line version of Halo 1 with the release of Halo 3. That way, if Halo 3, for some reason, blows, we can always play Halo 1 on XBL :)there is no way in hell that will ever, ever happen.

l Maximus l
02-01-2006, 07:14 PM
there is no way in hell that will ever, ever happen.

Not likely...but, think about how smart that would be if they did...

Jackyboy
02-01-2006, 08:07 PM
i do think it could be near finish, i remember hearing something about it launching same day as ps3, and if ps3 is coming sometime spring it would make sense to be almost done

Variation-XBA
02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Sorry, but if you think it's done, you are WAY too nieve and are just kidding yourself.

Whisper
02-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Not likely...but, think about how smart that would be if they did...

yeah, people would do that instead of buying Halo 3, Bungie really considers that smart.. but as long as it comes along with Halo 3, they could probably do it.. and charge an extra $20..

so wait.. i contradict myself.. they just might do it.. and charge us more

HEY BUNGIE! WHY NOT CHARGE $200 FOR HALO 3, WE WILL ALL STILL BUY IT

Nato King
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
I myself think it's done but is it waiting to be shipped I don't know because that's sounds to good to be true. I would be so mad if they rushed this game just to get it out to sell more xbox360 I would jump off a cliff with a pig in one hand and some wings in the other and to see if pigs can fly. If they do I live if not I die.

I only put this on the site to let people know what I found. knowing I don't know the answer myself.

swivel
02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
I would be so mad if they rushed this game just to get it out to sell more xbox360

What XBox's?

It isn't like there are systems clogging the shelves, and no takers. So I really don't think they are rushing the game to move consoles. If anything, they are working shorter days and doing more polishing.

No way is that code complete. It makes no sense in about 11 different directions.

vman
02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
maybe this is all just a ploy to start building up hype to a game that will once again not live up to it and therefore be another let down.

I do like Maxy's idea of Halo3 bringing halo1 multiplayer on live. that alone would sell the discs.

Goku_69
02-02-2006, 03:45 PM
What XBox's?

It isn't like there are systems clogging the shelves, and no takers. So I really don't think they are rushing the game to move consoles. If anything, they are working shorter days and doing more polishing.

No way is that code complete. It makes no sense in about 11 different directions.
accually i was at my local wal-mart the othr day and they had 2 on the shelves and it was late in the day so they had been there all day!:yikes:

swivel
02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow. 2 consoles for sale.

I that case, I could surely see them rushing Halo 3 out the door, all half-baked. Supply is greatly outstripping demand. Time to blow a billion-dollar franchise to sell all these consoles that are stacking up in the aisles.

CoLoXBoXFReaK
02-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Am I the only one who loves halo 2 geez. Sure it has autoaim and some wacky glitches , but what game is better on live? exactly. The only way I could see halo 3 being ready for release is if maybe they are going to make you buy the first part of the game and then release the rest of the game periodically on live or some shiz. And the likelyhood of that is slim to nill.