PDA

View Full Version : Check out this eBay post, is this a lie like I think?

DJ tx
02-02-2006, 09:29 AM
So in case you want to view the eBay page here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-PREMIUM-SYSTEM-2nd-Gen-26in-LCD-HDTV-MON_W0QQitemZ8256021835QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If not then here is the text from the page...

"This auction is for a second edition XBOX 360. Most of the 360's currently listed on Ebay now are first generation systems and have the extra media remote with them. These had overheating issues so be carefull when bidding on those. This unit was purchased at a Best Buy store on 01/24/2006 and is a Gen 2 system which has extra safeguards added to avoid overheating."

The moment I read this I had to laugh. Now I will freely admit I have no association with M$ or any inside knowledge at all about the 360. I do own one, (thank God! and I love it) But I never heard anything about extra safeguards put in place by M$ for overheating issues for later shipments. I think he put this in there for those buyers who are clueless to scare them off of buying from other sellers and to make sure he sells his. What do you all think? I mean there is probably no way to know for sure unless someone here is an M$ insider, but just seems wrong to me. Or, maybe I missed a major news story along the way about this... but I think this guy is full of cr@p. Any thoughts?

swivel
02-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Perhaps the heatsinks on the RAM is .2 cm taller than the older heatsinks?

Sounds like rubbish to me. MS can't manufacture to meet demand, so I doubt they are retooling the assembly lines right now.

ShadedNine
02-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I think the only difference is that the usual hype about console failure that comes along with any new system has started to wear off, so the general perception amongst the masses is that the system must have gotten more reliable. After all, you don't hear about them failing much anymore. :rolleyes:

thatdude222
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
thats total bull****, anyone who falls for that needs to do some research.