PDA

View Full Version : Important:Quick decision!

ll Mista GT ll
02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Ok, 1 core unit left at futureshop, I really want premium, but there is only a core lef

Should I get the core, a 12 month bundle, and a game?

Is it worth it? (What about the HDD though.. :()

Whisper
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
If you're going to get xbox live, get only the premium!

Also, from what I've seen.. some games have large save game files.. especially Quake 4 I have noticed.. so a memory card can run out quickly if you got a few games stored up on there.

Wait it out for the premium buddy.. trust me.. and there is so much **** on the marketplace, and stuff to download in the future (not to mention patches that have already come out for the system itself)

Only get the premium.

ll Mista GT ll
02-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I decided to pass on it. Damn though... Microsoft is forcing us to get the core.

DJ tx
02-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I know it was hard to pass on it Cadillax, but it is the right decision. Until I got my premium I wondered what I would decide if I were in your position...I never fully decided, but luckily I didn't have to.

In any case having the HDD is in my opinion mandatory, not only for all the downloads that are out now, but going forward there will be even more content available. Not to mention the premum having the "chrome" accents on the media tray and button look sooo much better than the core system which is just all white plastic.

So, until you actually find a premium you may regret your decision, but after you grab one, you will be glad you waited.

By the way, if you use the online 360 tracker websites that are out there, I have noticed systems in stock everyday for like the past 2 weeks. They all seemed to be bundles, but after you take shipment from say barnesanddnobles.com, or WalMart.com, you can then return everything that you didnt want and get your money back.
try looking at

http://xbox.clambert.org
or
http://xbox360tracker.com

might find something you like ;)

Later~ and Good Luck!

FB-Gollum
02-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I know it was hard to pass on it Cadillax, but it is the right decision. Until I got my premium I wondered what I would decide if I were in your position...I never fully decided, but luckily I didn't have to.

In any case having the HDD is in my opinion mandatory, not only for all the downloads that are out now, but going forward there will be even more content available. Not to mention the premum having the "chrome" accents on the media tray and button look sooo much better than the core system which is just all white plastic.

So, until you actually find a premium you may regret your decision, but after you grab one, you will be glad you waited.

By the way, if you use the online 360 tracker websites that are out there, I have noticed systems in stock everyday for like the past 2 weeks. They all seemed to be bundles, but after you take shipment from say barnesanddnobles.com, or WalMart.com, you can then return everything that you didnt want and get your money back.
try looking at

http://xbox.clambert.org
or
http://xbox360tracker.com

might find something you like ;)

Later~ and Good Luck!

I second this motion.

Spaztic
02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I would wait for the premium as well

ll Mista GT ll
02-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Man though... look at the prices. :(

killerscott
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM

those are like huge bundles with all the games and extras...

Tim
02-04-2006, 11:09 AM

No worries man. If you have a credit card, you are golden. I bought the bundle from Walmart.com for $1,000. Then, when everything arrived, I took back what I didn't want to my local Walmart and they credited it right back to my credit card.

ll Mista GT ll
02-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Still though.. I'm in canada... there is shipping, taxes, border fees, etc etc,

And my dad probably wouldn't let me put 1k on his card :p Also, what if walllllla-mart doesn't take the stuff back. :yikes:

Goku_69
02-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Still though.. I'm in canada... there is shipping, taxes, border fees, etc etc,

And my dad probably wouldn't let me put 1k on his card :p Also, what if walllllla-mart doesn't take the stuff back. :yikes:
wal-mart always takes things back as long as u say it didn't work! i got the core and just bought a HDD off ebay for 125 so the only thing i had to deal with out is a crome dvd tray. I would still get a memory card though it is sweet being able to take ur live account every where with you!:hump: