PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 player being developed for the X-Box

PhantomAphex
08-08-2001, 01:00 PM
It's true, it's damn true.

Visit my site for more info...... just thought I'd keep the community informed.

Aaron
08-08-2001, 05:08 PM
how much they pay for the XDK?

PhantomAphex
08-08-2001, 05:12 PM
I think they're compiling it in C++, and porting it from there.

But if you ask any of the developers about it, a lot of em compare the XDK development environment to Visual C++, which is killer... because if it's anything close, they're gonna be porting emulators and auxilary apps in no time.

Aaron
08-08-2001, 06:12 PM
thats badass... perhaps they could even put a equalizer on it, so us with hi-fi stuff could pump up the bass and treble and what not.

Door69
08-11-2001, 01:33 AM
sounds cool
any idea of when it cums out?

Aaron
08-11-2001, 01:47 AM
no idea =) id imagine when the xbox comes out it should be ready by then.

xboxlover
08-11-2001, 11:16 AM
What exactly would it be used forlike a seperate thing from the xbox or to download music and play on the xbox.

Xaminor
08-16-2001, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by xboxlover
What exactly would it be used forlike a seperate thing from the xbox or to download music and play on the xbox.

Maybe we will be able to get songs from the internet and burn them into games like Amped Fever?

Aaron
08-16-2001, 10:12 AM
Well see, you cant "surf the web" on the xbox for one, and you cant burn stuff into the games, the games are permanetly there on the discs. As for what the mp3 player will be used for im imagining it will be for if you have like discs of Mp3's lyin around you could play it, or even if you have some you ripped off CD's for games so you could play them better in a higher quality player (lets hope)

Lioness
08-16-2001, 11:38 AM
Looks like X Box is one step closer to being a full-fleged entertainment center!:D

Xaminor
08-16-2001, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
Well see, you cant "surf the web" on the xbox for one, and you cant burn stuff into the games, the games are permanetly there on the discs. As for what the mp3 player will be used for im imagining it will be for if you have like discs of Mp3's lyin around you could play it, or even if you have some you ripped off CD's for games so you could play them better in a higher quality player (lets hope)

I thought about that after I submitted the my post but maybe we will be able to hook this MP3 up to a cocmputer using an adapter? After all, it will be USB specs. After that we should be able to rip these tunes into the Xbpx's Hard Drive and then have this music in the games?

Aaron
08-16-2001, 05:14 PM
not readily, the USB port is modified, im sure with some extensive hacking you could, but why all that work for mp3's? Also, xbox supports CD-RW, so just burn a audio cd on it, then rip the tracks and rewrite it

Xaminor
08-16-2001, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
not readily, the USB port is modified, im sure with some extensive hacking you could, but why all that work for mp3's? Also, xbox supports CD-RW, so just burn a audio cd on it, then rip the tracks and rewrite it

That's true the latter choice is much easier. Anyways have you heard about the Xbox working with TIVO news yet? I am sure you have, I read about this at TeamXbox.