PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 rumors

LeoBreaker
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
well well well, here are some rumors that are hopefully true. http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_1790.aspx

ll Mista GT ll
02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
I hope it's true! :cool:

thatdude222
02-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I call shenanigans on all of those.
1. maybe, but unlikely on marketplace, why not just do it through windows and support network streaming, it would cause people to buy media center XP.
2. total BS. i would never play it even if it did. WoW is not a console type of game.
3. doubtful. remember how many times halo 2 was delayed?
4. Nuh-uh. those are property of sega, not microsoft, MS would have to buy the licenses, and i dont think it would end up bieng profitable.
5. uh, i guess its possible, but judging from the credibility of the other 4, shenanigans is called nonetheless.

LeoBreaker
02-06-2006, 09:35 PM
1. maybe, but unlikely on marketplace, why not just do it through windows and support network streaming, it would cause people to buy media center XP.
2. total BS. i would never play it even if it did. WoW is not a console type of game.
4. Nuh-uh. those are property of sega, not microsoft, MS would have to buy the licenses, and i dont think it would end up bieng profitable.
5. uh, i guess its possible, but judging from the credibility of the other 4, shenanigans is called nonetheless.

rumors are called rumors for a reason you know:p

ll Mista GT ll
02-06-2006, 09:37 PM
rumors are called rumors for a reason you know:p

(Now he knows :p)

Crazy Joe
02-06-2006, 09:57 PM

1. they are trying to push 360 as media hub without replacing Media Center, since they already allowing streaming music without MC, i can definitely see them selling songs on the Marketplace. Videos/movies maybe since they are making money and you cant stream movies from PC w/o Media Center

2. just because you don't think it would work, doesn't mean it won't happen. I think this is the most likely of the 5.

3. meh... maybe maybe not.

4. property of Sega, ya, so..... guess what, Street Fighter is property of Capcom, Sega can put games on XBLA just like any other company..

5. again, maybe maybe not. It would be cool though.

LeoBreaker
02-06-2006, 10:29 PM
also, even though this has to do with revolution it still can be applied to the 360. nintendo announced a while back that you will be able to play genesis games on the revolution. i wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to on the 360 as long as they by the licenses. sega is 3rd party so i wouldn't see why they won't

Variation-XBA
02-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm still telling you you are an idiot if you think Halo3 is this year.

The WoW for 360 would help some, but wonder why they wouldn't put it on pc/ps2 servers as well, much like FFXI.

laughs
02-07-2006, 05:18 AM
I find all of those believable :confused:

vman
02-07-2006, 05:35 AM
all of these seem pretty feasible and i think are possible. personally, that is really sexy if they all come true. the only one that really jumps out as me as the most improbable is the release of halo3 this year.

swivel
02-07-2006, 06:52 AM
It seems like these are coming from various sources, so some are probably definite, and some are hot air. My thoughts:

1. Definite. This one is for sure. MS hates to see iTunes raking in so much cash and hopes that people will use their accounts for music purchases. I have a hard time seeing people syncing their media players to their game consoles, rather than their computers, but MS is gonna try.

2. This one could work as well. The fact that they aren't mixing servers is the only way it could be done. This will barely resemble the WoW played on the PC. It would have to be dumbed-down a LOT. It will basically just be the name being used to try and entice players into a MMORPG.

3. Possible, but if so, I don't want to play it. If Halo 3 gets the Holiday Rush, count me out. I'll just fire up Halo 1 with some friends and pretend that it is new.

4. Why would Sega NOT want to get in on the Live Arcade? You guys saying that Sega owns this are forgetting that Sega likes to make money as well. They are no longer in the hardware business, they are in the software business. It would make sense for them to start making Live Arcade games, as well as their content for all the systems.

Spaztic
02-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I believe it is totally possible...again core users getting duped.

Goku_69
02-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I believe it is totally possible...again core users getting duped.
buy a hard drive like i did or else i will call shanagains on you :p

thatdude222
02-07-2006, 08:31 PM
4. Why would Sega NOT want to get in on the Live Arcade? You guys saying that Sega owns this are forgetting that Sega likes to make money as well. They are no longer in the hardware business, they are in the software business. It would make sense for them to start making Live Arcade games, as well as their content for all the systems.
you have to remember, that DC games were on CDs, not carts. they were several hundred megabytes. it would require long downlaod times. also, MS would have to pay alot for the license to sell the games, that is how sega would make thier money. i probably wouldnt downlaod the games, and it costs alot of money to host them on the downlaod servers.

Crazy Joe
02-08-2006, 04:25 AM
you have to remember, that DC games were on CDs, not carts. they were several hundred megabytes. it would require long downlaod times. also, MS would have to pay alot for the license to sell the games, that is how sega would make thier money. i probably wouldnt downlaod the games, and it costs alot of money to host them on the downlaod servers.

now that you mention, i call BS on the DC rumour, all XBLA games have a limit size of 50 MB, so unless they pull some major size crunching, it aint happening.

swivel
02-08-2006, 06:40 AM

You wouldn't need the entire game at once. You could have the engine downloaded and stored, which would be a bare fraction of the size, and have the levels and sounds streamed and cached. There is technology here that has really changed over the years. There are companies planning to distribute PC games over broadband, and they are over 2 gigs in size. There are many companies looking to stream movies on demand, and they are over 4 gigs in size.

The point is, you do not need the several hundred megabytes all at once. The hurdles will be licensing, not technology.

F1Ox
02-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Rumors 1 sounds great. For the movie thing to happen where going to need a bigger hard drive.

OC Noob
02-09-2006, 09:29 PM
now that you mention, i call BS on the DC rumour, all XBLA games have a limit size of 50 MB, so unless they pull some major size crunching, it aint happening.

They have demos for DL that are well over 500mb, so why not games that are 2, 3 or 4 hundred mb?

Slam Dunker
02-09-2006, 10:27 PM
I really want the WoW rumor to be true but i dont see how they can get all the hot keys into a controller, should be interesting. The Halo3 rumor better not be true or i will kill bungie....:hardcore:

swivel
02-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I really want the WoW rumor to be true but i dont see how they can get all the hot keys into a controller, should be interesting. The Halo3 rumor better not be true or i will kill bungie....:hardcore:

Wireless keyboards? That would be great!

killerscott
02-09-2006, 11:37 PM
I so wish to play sea man again

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Ecco-Seaman/Seaman.jpg

Crazy Joe
02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
They have demos for DL that are well over 500mb, so why not games that are 2, 3 or 4 hundred mb?

because it's a XBLA rule, period. developers aren't really happy about it, alot of them are already having trouble squeezing their games into 50mb. But it is an XBLA rule, at least for now.

Jags
02-12-2006, 01:57 AM
ok rumour # 1 u have to be stupid not to belive it THEY'VE BEEN SAYING THATS WAT THE MARKET PLACE IS FOR
rumour #2 i like the sound of that
and the rest i have no comment :P

BuLLsEyEWTF
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
I really want the WoW rumor to be true but i dont see how they can get all the hot keys into a controller, should be interesting.
....USB keyboard?