PDA

View Full Version : 360 noise

pjh13
02-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Well everyone that has a 360 knows that the are really loud, my question is do you guys think MS will be able to fix this when they come out with the newer Xboxes? or do you think this is always going to be a problem? and does it bother you? i personally have got used to it and usually just drown it out with music

Nato King
02-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Well everyone that has a 360 knows that the are really loud, my question is do you guys think MS will be able to fix this when they come out with the newer Xboxes? or do you think this is always going to be a problem? and does it bother you? i personally have got used to it and usually just drown it out with music

I must say the xbox360 is a bit loud like a Bus going backwards down a Olympic bobsled track. lol but I have got over the noise and like you said I turn my music up to drown the noise out.

ShadedNine
02-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't mind the noise of the console itself, it's the DVD-ROM drive that's far too loud.

It's a common enough problem. I went through 3 or 4 different makes for my computer trying to find one that didn't wail like a banshee when spinning full force. Even the one I eventually settled on is far louder than I'd like. Seems optical drive manufacturers haven't yet caught on to the quiet computing revolution.

Will MS fix it? More than likely you'll find different models and manufacturers for discs showing up on the newer 360s...maybe to curb the noise, maybe to cut costs. It was the same for the original xbox. The original thompson drives were a fair bit louder than the others, with the philips being the quietest of the bunch from my experience.

l Maximus l
02-12-2006, 12:55 AM
I agree...the XBox 360 sounds like a fapin' jet taking off! But, with my 5.1 blazing, I don't hear a thing :)

pjh13
02-12-2006, 12:59 PM
yeah it defintaly bothered me a little bit at first but with the music going or even just the game sounds you dont notice it. plus when i get intense into a game i dont even notice trival stuff around me like my xbox making noise or my house burning down or tight stuff like that

mattgame
02-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't hear anything. Oh wait, let me turn it on first..........................................:confused:

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't hear anything. Oh wait, let me turn it on first..........................................:confused:

lol. My computer drones the sound out anyways :p I'm used to it now. My old computer was SOOOOOO damned loud. The PSU was on it's way out... :watchout:

killerscott
02-15-2006, 03:42 PM
it never bothered me. I noticed it, but thats how it is and it's not like i notice it a minute after its been on.

Jackyboy
02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
the first round of regular xboxes were loud, the more recent ones were quieter, so im guessing the new wave of 360s will be quieter

Whisper
02-16-2006, 09:00 AM
it makes noise, but I don't notice it.. it's drowned out by the sound of all the other electricity pumping throughout the room

it's amazing really, you don't notice it, but all your electronics together make a hell of a lot of noise, because when the power goes out, you hear absolutely nothing

swivel
02-16-2006, 04:25 PM
it's amazing really, you don't notice it, but all your electronics together make a hell of a lot of noise, because when the power goes out, you hear absolutely nothing

100% agree. My Tivo's are starting to annoy me the way their HD's are constantly clicking and humming away. And every power outage I notice two things: How loud our environments are, and how much we keep them falsely lit.