PDA

View Full Version : i cant get my 360 on the net

Jags
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
ok so i put my cable in the back etc etc i go on the thing and it says Network Thingy: Wired
but then IP Address: Failed
wat should i do :S
i phoned Microsoft and i got some freshy from india on the phone :crying:

Rhiannon
02-11-2006, 04:59 PM
are you using a router?
You may have to call your ISP it may be an issue with your connectivity type or connection speed. Some ISPs are not compatible with Xbox Live.

pjh13
02-11-2006, 05:14 PM
i was having the same problem if you are using a router. all i did was unplug the router's power supply while the 360 was plugged into it and when i plugged it back in it worked. i dot know why someone told me it had to do with resetting th isp but i didnt really care cause it started working

l Maximus l
02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Exactly. Routers are not plug and play for the most part. Have everything plugged in and then unplug the power from the router...wait 30 seconds to 1 minute and then power it up again...let it take a moment to load itself and then try again. 9 out of 10 times, this is the primary solution.

Jags
02-12-2006, 01:44 AM
ok ima try the 30 second thing, but just to make sure ima leave it for like five mins
but first ill tell u EXACTLY wats going on
so the guy from MS (the freshy) told us that we need an MTU of atleast 1365 for it to work
i phoned my internet provider and they told us to do a speed check on it came out to be 2200-3072 on average, more than enough, now the BIG thing is this im trying to get it wireless im using a D-link 54mbps router in the catolague it even had a little xbox 360 sign next to it
BUT when i plug the damn USB into the back of the ****ing xbox the Active light doesnt even come the active light means that theres power in it so wat the **** is going on!!!!!

RUB MY LEMON
02-12-2006, 01:56 AM
is it plugged in?

Jags
02-12-2006, 01:58 AM
is it plugged in?
....:watchout: yes obviously its plugged in :cry:
i want free demos on the neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cry: :cry: :cry:

Crazy Joe
02-12-2006, 04:27 AM
....:watchout: yes obviously its plugged in :cry:
i want free demos on the neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cry: :cry: :cry:

try it wired first, get it working, then work on the wireless

Jags
02-12-2006, 05:49 AM
try it wired first, get it working, then work on the wireless
yeh thats wat we tried but it keeps saying IP failed

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 11:12 AM
yeh thats wat we tried but it keeps saying IP failed

Hey man, I dont want to piss you off (b/c I already have) but dont post "!!!!!!!!!" and "**** ******* *****" in your messages. The friendlier you are, the more help you will get.

Jags
02-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey man, I dont want to piss you off (b/c I already have) but dont post "!!!!!!!!!" and "**** ******* *****" in your messages. The friendlier you are, the more help you will get.
o but thats just how i am
profain

mattgame
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
So are you on yet?

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
o but thats just how i am
profain

lol :p

Try to set up your xbox again )like when you first got it) there is an option in the system setting.

Jags
02-13-2006, 11:07 PM
yeh i phoned microsoft and the guy said i need an RJ45 usb cable
by the way this should come in as handy info U CANNOT USE A THIRD PARTY WIRELESS UNLESS IT'S AN ETHERNET CABLE
i have a usb cable wireless
the RJ45 means i plug in my usb thingy into the wire and it changes it to ethernet