PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Xbox Controllers...

GamingFreak
02-24-2002, 12:25 PM
I hate to say it, but the quality of xbox controllers sucks @ss. Ive had my xbox ever since x-mas, and as the months went by my controller got worse and worse.. let me explain.

My favorite game is halo and it is most peoples, and i played it a whole lot for several months and i still do, and ive noticed that the controller analog sticks are much more loose, well not really loose but they dont move near as smooth as they used to. PLaying halo is now a chore. I have been stuck on "the truth and reconciliation" for several weeks now on legendary. My controller jsut isnt as good as it used to be. The buttons are ok i guess, but the sticks are just poor. And trust me im no button smasher either, and i dont throw my controllers or anything of that nature, i take good care of my xbox and controllers.

And i really hate to compare the xbox controller to the ps2's but im about to. My ps2 controllers are still in awesome condition after hjaving it more than a year now and playing it just about every day for a year. The sticks still work perfectly! .. they dont jerk around nor are they loose. The ps2's controller has a much higher quality than the xbox's..... and this ****es me off!!

I cant believe the controller can be that worn out after a couple months, that is very depressing, anyone else experiencing controller problems of any kind?

GF

Frink
02-24-2002, 12:32 PM
My controllers are still fine and dandy. No problems at all. Except I bought a used controller that EB told me was in perfect condition. Well someone had spilled juice of some kind on the controller and the D-pad made a horrid cracking noise. But with all of my new controllers they work fine and I have played with them every day since I got it.

Yankeez
02-24-2002, 01:45 PM
i have a sidewinder controller for my pc and the d-pad makes the kracklin noise its wierd i didnt use it for like 6 months thats when it started making the crakling noise i know exactly what ur talking about

mattcoxonline
02-24-2002, 02:43 PM
I think that you have been playing the PoS2 too much and have got used to that...don't stray away from the Xbox....

The analogue sticks feel crappy and cheap on the PoS2 after playing with the Xbox, but it also workd the other way around. When you have been playing with the PS controllers, the Xbox ones feel crappy and big and chuncky and uncumfortable and....well....you get the point. :D

Now take a visit to Xbox | 360 (http://www.360net.com)

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 04:51 PM
Well, as for me my controllers have no sign of slowing down or being a non-responding accessory. Sorry to hear that your controllers are friggin' up on you man:mad:

P.S. I think i know why its not working "you have been playing HALO on legenday(as stated) and you are completely frustrated with the Elites killing you, over and over, and friggin over, and the Grunts swarming you like white on rice, Hunters blasting your sheilds in a matter of a mili-second. Therefore you are banging the hell out of the buttons and Girating the **** out of the joysticks, just to make it to a checkpoint!"

**Just a thought**

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Angell
02-24-2002, 07:12 PM
no probs. here

fear_this
02-24-2002, 07:18 PM
The only problem that I have encountered with my controller is that only sometimes when i`m playing ssx tricky that the one button will stick. And I dont know whats causing that. I dont allow and drinks in my room . And I havent pee`d on it...... yet :D . Maybe I play it too much. And that is what might be the same with your controller. It's just like the x-box system. It can get over heated or used to much in a period of time. Give the poor thing a break. :)

jeah
02-24-2002, 09:22 PM
I spilt beer on one of my controllers and took it apart, cleaned it (all the buttons stuck), and works fine. All my other ones work fine too.

Highlite23
02-24-2002, 09:34 PM
My controllers are still fine, no sign of "Slop" in the sticks, the triggers still have good spring to them. Presure sensitivity is still very accurat. I will say though, that if they did start to get a little loose, i wouldn't get too upset. I look at controllers as car tires, there gonna have to be replaced occasionally.;)

Frostberg
02-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Lets all go back to the theory that people with almost no posts always have the problems...just return the controller and get a new one, it isint that big of a deal...and the MS controllers are great...although I am getting my hands on some Japanese controllers, just to see what the fuss is about...but Im thinkin they will be too small because there is less space between sticks and the buttons are lower and stuff...plus my pinky to thumb distince is about 10.5 inches when streched so I done have small hands...

Toder
02-25-2002, 11:28 AM
if you don't like the movement of your controlls. adjust the speed of them in you advanced controlls menu. that should give the fast responce your looking for.

darianX
02-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Mine, as most other folks', work dandy. I even have a groove worn into the one stick the whole way around it from wrenching it around playing Project Gotham. And it still has nice spring and glides around the circle very nicely. My suggestion is to take it apart and blow out the junk underneath if it's dirty. Or just go buy a new one, they DO wear out over time.

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 02:17 PM
With my XBox controller, I have placed it in my oven and baked it for 30 minutes on 450 degrees, dumped gallons of water on it, spilled beer on it, sneezed on it, farted on it, belched directly at the joysticks (on purpose), urinated on it, used it as a foot rest, jumped on it, grinded my feet on it, ran over it with my car, unloaded a growler on it, used it as a toy for my dogs, my cat scratched all over it, I even gave the d a m n thing a head bunt and still works like a charm :D

Geez...like Frostberg said...return it and get a new one. :)

GamingFreak
02-26-2002, 06:34 AM
i take good care of my controllers and ive returned one already because the dpad was ****, and the one i have now the trigger sticks, i havent done anything to them.

maybe i am so unlucky i get the defects.

oh and frostberg the reason i dont post is because im more of an observer not a newbie to the posts :p

GF

Chr0nik
02-26-2002, 07:02 AM
Do you eat your controllers?

As long as you respect your controllers and don't beat the hell out of them you should have no problems.

I have had my Xbox since November and the controllers are still going on strong.