PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night Round 3: Who's pumped?

mrmp3
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Just slapped down my pre-order on it today, EB warned me they had a fairly large list so they strongly recommend I do so. Pending if he's one of the unlockable characters, I'm gonna be tearing it up with Rocky Marciano on XBL for quite a while.

Whisper
02-20-2006, 03:21 PM
going up to blockbuster tomorrow morning.. hopefully it delivered on time (my blockbuster, unlikely)... but ill be renting something either way

SilverOak
02-20-2006, 05:38 PM
My GameStop said they should have plenty, but just in case I'll try showing up around 1:00 CST...right after the UPS guy does his stop.

This will be my first boxing game so I'm really anxious to see the full version tomorrow.

ll Mista GT ll
02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
My GameStop said they should have plenty, but just in case I'll try showing up around 1:00 CST...right after the UPS guy does his stop.

This will be my first boxing game so I'm really anxious to see the full version tomorrow.

I actually might get it. I will "forget" it when it is due. I will pay the extra dollar or so to have it for another month. I think it's fair :)

Whisper
02-21-2006, 10:25 AM
.. and of course the game wasn't even on the shelf yet.. so I rented COD2 to get some fresh achievement points.

mattgame
02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
This game is next gen. I bought it, I'm playing it, and it's hot!!

odpr
02-22-2006, 05:59 AM
donno about you but watching the Xbox and thre new Xbox photos, they look pretty much the same to me..

there is not such a big diffrence between the Two ver..

Unreal
02-22-2006, 03:55 PM
donno about you but watching the Xbox and thre new Xbox photos, they look pretty much the same to me..

:rofl: Your joking right? BTW, I should have my copy soon.

killerscott
02-22-2006, 05:13 PM
You've got to tell me if it's worth it. I know the demo is fun so tell me how the full version is.

mattgame
02-22-2006, 09:52 PM

There's a huge difference in visuals. I saw it on HD and it's stupid what they've done.

CENCEE
02-23-2006, 07:40 AM
GOT THE GAME THE FIRST DAY AND I MUST SAY THAT I LOVE THE BOXING SKILLS OF EACH BOXER.

XBOX LIVE IN THIS IS KILLAH GODS!

THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR WHEN YOUR FRIENDS COME OVER AND HAVE A BLAST CUASE DEM K.O'S R FUNNY!

PACMAN IS SICK IN DIZ GAME!:hail:

CarGuy
02-23-2006, 10:10 AM

LOL, versions! :rofl:

Heavens Gate
02-23-2006, 05:14 PM
This game is crazy good! The graphics rock. Everything rocks. I bought it for 360:)

Unreal
02-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Just slapped down my pre-order on it today, EB warned me they had a fairly large list so they strongly recommend I do so. Pending if he's one of the unlockable characters, I'm gonna be tearing it up with Rocky Marciano on XBL for quite a while.
I am. Im playing it right now :p

ll Mista GT ll
02-23-2006, 08:29 PM
I am. Im playing it right now :p

Whats up old timer? ;)

flyxboxfly
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
i have the demo, it rocks, i went to go rent it today but none were in stock.

swivel
02-24-2006, 07:55 AM
I've fought 25 matches so far. I am shocked at how inferior the gameplay is to the previous two versions. There is no need to jab or parry in this one. I am playing on the hardest difficulty (I don't see much of a change when I move the difficulty around), and I am 25-0 with 25 KO's and no fight has gone more than 4 rounds. Because all you have to do is swing wildly and hammer away at your opponent. The matches where I pretend to box intelligently, by leading with jabs and putting combinations together and concentrating on parrying, feel stilted and unrealistic.

The biggest problem with the last two versions was the uneveness of the haymaker. You could haymaker your way through the first dozen matches. But once you won the title, and had to defend it, you really had to jab and move and throw big punches off of the parry. Just not feeling it with this version.

The training is vastly improved. I like the division of stat improvements now, where before you only needed to work the Heavy Bag.

The cut man work is horrible this go around. Much worse.

The fight store is worse as well. It is hard to see what you have on, and there is no indication of what your bonuses add up to. You have to scroll forever to be reminded of what you have equipped before you decide to purchase anything else. And they still haven't fixed the problem of not needing to buy anything until you have so much money that you can buy anything you want. There is never a feeling of wanting something badly, but not having the dough for it, like RPG's are famous for.

Playing this game just reminds me how much I love Round 2. I'm gonna take the belt and go back to a superior division.

flyxboxfly
02-24-2006, 05:33 PM
i just rented it. i will play it when i get home from work. i like the demo and have never played the first 2 so maybe i will like it better than this last guy.

mattgame
02-24-2006, 09:23 PM
So Swivel did you like it or not?

TheCovenant
02-24-2006, 09:57 PM
So Swivel did you like it or not?

as far as swivel being impressed with something "xbox2" related, dont hold your breath. Opposite goes for me. I think the fighting mechanics have been in fact improved this time around. I havent played as much as swivel though, having only a good ten or so matches under my belt, but ive encountered wild swingers, and the perry system work well with them. Swing wildly, perry, and you can do more damage with a haymaker- uppercut combo, or even a jab, hook, uppercut combo than 3 or 4 wild hooks.

As far as odpr goes, his xbox1=xbox2 argument simply doesnt stand in this game. Period. Now you're just being stubborn, the xbox 1 version looks straight up ugly to the 360 version, so much that i cant even play the xbox version. HDR, ragdoll, super high rez textures, and smooth animation, graphically this game covered all its bases.

all in all, id rank this game somewhere in the high 8's, and would go as far as to say its the best sports game on the system, beating out even pgr3.

Heavens Gate
02-25-2006, 12:25 AM
as far as swivel being impressed with something "xbox2" related, dont hold your breath. Opposite goes for me. I think the fighting mechanics have been in fact improved this time around. I havent played as much as swivel though, having only a good ten or so matches under my belt, but ive encountered wild swingers, and the perry system work well with them. Swing wildly, perry, and you can do more damage with a haymaker- uppercut combo, or even a jab, hook, uppercut combo than 3 or 4 wild hooks.

As far as odpr goes, his xbox1=xbox2 argument simply doesnt stand in this game. Period. Now you're just being stubborn, the xbox 1 version looks straight up ugly to the 360 version, so much that i cant even play the xbox version. HDR, ragdoll, super high rez textures, and smooth animation, graphically this game covered all its bases.

all in all, id rank this game somewhere in the high 8's, and would go as far as to say its the best sports game on the system, beating out even pgr3.

I agree with you on what you said about the 360 version beating out the Xbox version in every way. As a matter of fact, this game was actually built specifically for the 360 and the other versions are not the same graphically in any way. No contest. The textures are amazing and the boxers look so freaking real. EA did an amazing job with this one and I've always loved games with unlimited replay value. Play this on LIVE or with a buddy and you have the best sports game out now for the 360. Next year is when we will really see what the 360 can do oh wait, I mean until Oblivion comes out. I am so looking ahead to playing this masterpiece because I love games that suck you into their world and I know this game will. I guarantee it will be the best RPG to ever grace videogames. I will put my reputation on the line and say that. Anyway's, back to boxing, I think it's a great first effort for a next-gen system and I'm having a blast playing it. Later guys and babes but I've got to go and win the title.

:cool:

Unreal
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Whats up old timer? ;)
Not much. Oldtimer eh? :p