PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Passes 20,000 Gamerpoints

Nato King
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Being the first gamer in the world to hit 20,000 gamerpoints is explanation enough to introduce this amazing gamer. He doesn't do it for purely bragging rights either, he also just loves to game! This guy also has great grammar. What more could you ask for?
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/iy/6N/1mdsb2JhbC9BClZXVEoAGAFdL3RpbGUvMC8yMTAwNQAAAAAAAAD5oi6r.jpg
http://www.achieve360points.com/featuredgamer.php?x=3

Why don't we start by finding out a little about yourself:
I'm a single, 20 year old guy. I go to college and play games. I have been a gamer since I was 7, when I got the NES; since then gaming has been in my blood. I like to think I'm a perfectionist, hence my determination to get every single achievement in every game.

What do you feel is the hardest achievement out there that you've gotten?
I would have to say the No Crash Victory: Single Races achievement from Ridge Racer 6 because it's both really hard and time consuming. Let me tell you that I was really happy when I got it, it really boosted my confidence in my racing skills (not that it was lacking) and I'm looking forward to beating Full Auto 100% as soon as it comes out.

That you haven't gotten, but know is possible?
That would be the 100 wins in survival in Dead or Alive 3. One of my friends has been able to pull it off, but I don't like this game enough to put the time in to get it and I'm not that good at it either

Shawn-XBA
02-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Thats amazing, he has got a lot of time on him hands. I'm only up to 2,000 and I thought that was pretty good

Whisper
02-20-2006, 09:50 PM
5700 for me.. damn proud of it..

F1Ox
02-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Tell him to get a life. Who cares. Its not going to pay the bills:watchout:

vman
02-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Tell him to get a life. Who cares. Its not going to pay the bills:watchout:
it can if he goes pro

i say kudos to him!

Whisper
02-21-2006, 10:28 AM
yeah.. ima turn pro.. i pwn noobs daily..

actually i dont think there is one game I could turn pro in.. prehaps NHL 2004 for PC.. I totally owned that game offline and online.. i owned it so much that I didn't run up scores on people just so they could think they were playing good... then in the final 10 minutes I would open it up

prehaps I could have went pro on the original Rainbow Six for PC.. but no matter what.. there always seems to be someone better than you

Double_Diablo
02-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Wowee. That means he's got 20 games. That's at least $1000 without taxes. He sure does love to game.

aasp
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
970 for me.. damn proud of it..

same here :cool:

pitt4ever
02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Wowee. That means he's got 20 games. That's at least $1000 without taxes. He sure does love to game.

Uhh...Blockbuster?

thatdude222
02-21-2006, 06:11 PM
yeah.. ima turn pro.. i pwn noobs daily..

actually i dont think there is one game I could turn pro in.. prehaps NHL 2004 for PC.. I totally owned that game offline and online.. i owned it so much that I didn't run up scores on people just so they could think they were playing good... then in the final 10 minutes I would open it up

prehaps I could have went pro on the original Rainbow Six for PC.. but no matter what.. there always seems to be someone better than youwhat a random game to be good at

Nato King
02-21-2006, 06:32 PM
I forgot to put the link on the post. Check it out here.http://www.achieve360points.com/featuredgamer.php?x=3

swivel
02-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I read an interview with this guy, I think it was on joystiq.com. He said that the only reason to collect these points was for the bragging rights.

I frankly don't get it. It seems like the same pointless act of counting your posts on a forum. You are agreeing to be Microsoft's beeaytch and play games that you hate, just to collect badges of honor to flout in front of anonymous avatars.

People are renting Godzilla and playing through it just because it has the easiest 1,000 points to get. There was an article in the Washington Post or NYT about this phenomenon. This just seems silly to me.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure I'm in the minority here.

Double_Diablo
02-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Uhh...Blockbuster?
D'oh! I forgot about game rentals.

Whisper
02-22-2006, 11:10 AM
same here :cool:

change my words again, and i will have you charged.

Unreal
02-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Being the first gamer in the world to hit 20,000 gamerpoints is explanation enough to introduce this amazing gamer. He doesn't do it for purely bragging rights either, he also just loves to game! This guy also has great grammar. What more could you ask for?
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/iy/6N/1mdsb2JhbC9BClZXVEoAGAFdL3RpbGUvMC8yMTAwNQAAAAAAAAD5oi6r.jpg
http://www.achieve360points.com/featuredgamer.php?x=3

Why don't we start by finding out a little about yourself:
I'm a single, 20 year old guy. I go to college and play games. I have been a gamer since I was 7, when I got the NES; since then gaming has been in my blood. I like to think I'm a perfectionist, hence my determination to get every single achievement in every game.

What do you feel is the hardest achievement out there that you've gotten?
I would have to say the No Crash Victory: Single Races achievement from Ridge Racer 6 because it's both really hard and time consuming. Let me tell you that I was really happy when I got it, it really boosted my confidence in my racing skills (not that it was lacking) and I'm looking forward to beating Full Auto 100% as soon as it comes out.

That you haven't gotten, but know is possible?
That would be the 100 wins in survival in Dead or Alive 3. One of my friends has been able to pull it off, but I don't like this game enough to put the time in to get it and I'm not that good at it either
Congrats for him. He must play every single 360 game he can get his hands on. I guess if you have the time, go for it.

RUB MY LEMON
02-22-2006, 03:56 PM
damn....his friends list is full

m4oH
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Yawn. Get a life.

ll Mista GT ll
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
10 bucks says he dies of a heart attact in 5 years..

RUB MY LEMON
02-22-2006, 09:09 PM
dudes...maybe he exercises like 10 hours a day....plays 360 10 hours a day...and sleeps about 4 hours....hmm?
maybe thats his schedule

CENCEE
02-27-2006, 07:47 PM
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: look @ his REP guys... looks like he's sacred to get on online.

but 22k gamescore....:yikes:

ma'ron!

BlindSniper
02-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Nice, that's amazing. I'm up at like, 1000 or something.

ShadedNine
02-27-2006, 11:59 PM
look @ his REP guys... looks like he's sacred to get on online.

but 22k gamescore....:yikes:

ma'ron!

I can't see him getting that many points without a good deal of online play. Too many games put at least half their points in the online portion. However, he does likely just use a group of friends to cheat his way through wherever possible.

I just take what points come my way naturally. I rarely even check the list before I start playing a game. Some load you up pretty easily (King Kong, Kameo), while others barely tossed me a scrap as I played through (Condemned, PDZ Singleplayer). As a result, it really isn't going to be even a basic guideline for a player's level of skill, particularily since someone who say, devotes themselves to perfecting a single title will end up with a fraction of the points of a player that rents every title and just skims the surfaces or breezes through on easy.

It's a fun idea though, but I think it's going to become more contest to see who can pull off those rare few near-impossible achievements that require zen-like mastery of a game than to see who can rake in the most points overall. (Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja using only the wooden sword? ;) )

CarGuy
02-28-2006, 12:25 AM
That dude is not having teh sechs..

CENCEE
02-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I can't see him getting that many points without a good deal of online play. Too many games put at least half their points in the online portion. However, he does likely just use a group of friends to cheat his way through wherever possible.

I just take what points come my way naturally. I rarely even check the list before I start playing a game. Some load you up pretty easily (King Kong, Kameo), while others barely tossed me a scrap as I played through (Condemned, PDZ Singleplayer). As a result, it really isn't going to be even a basic guideline for a player's level of skill, particularily since someone who say, devotes themselves to perfecting a single title will end up with a fraction of the points of a player that rents every title and just skims the surfaces or breezes through on easy.

It's a fun idea though, but I think it's going to become more contest to see who can pull off those rare few near-impossible achievements that require zen-like mastery of a game than to see who can rake in the most points overall. (Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja using only the wooden sword? ;) )

TRUE!!!

i don't look @ the achivements either; man i was stuck:bang: in this freaking part in "King Kong" where i have to find two levers; i found one by the cell like hole right next to the door that need to be open. Do u know what i'm taking about? it's where those "Veloptoraptos" come out.

If u do remmeber please help!!!

Whisper
02-28-2006, 11:47 AM
kill the dinos... the 2nd peg isn't around that area.. go back up the hill and look around for tall grass, flying around the tall grass are some dragonflies.. grab one and look around for a little tunnel with light peaking through, go there.. there will be spiders crawling all over the peg... throw the dragonfly away from it and grab it.

CENCEE
02-28-2006, 01:16 PM
kill the dinos... the 2nd peg isn't around that area.. go back up the hill and look around for tall grass, flying around the tall grass are some dragonflies.. grab one and look around for a little tunnel with light peaking through, go there.. there will be spiders crawling all over the peg... throw the dragonfly away from it and grab it.

I'll have to return one of my games that i have so, gamefly can mail it out... again. imma try it out once the game comes in.

Whisper! thnks buddy! :cheers: