PDA

View Full Version : PGR3 - Blury Multiplayer Maps

ll Mista GT ll
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah, so when I play PGR3 in Playtime mode (multiplayer) the cars are nice and sharp, but the track and trees and all of the background is blury. It's really ugly. Is this a defect in the game, or is the game really ****ty? If so I'm selling it...

TheCovenant
02-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah, so when I play PGR3 in Playtime mode (multiplayer) the cars are nice and sharp, but the track and trees and all of the background is blury. It's really ugly. Is this a defect in the game, or is the game really ****ty? If so I'm selling it...

Very cpu taxing effect called "motion Blur", you know, like, real life.

ll Mista GT ll
02-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Very cpu taxing effect called "motion Blur", you know, like, real life.

So when a car is standing still, it's supposed to look like it's going 200MPH?

(It looks blury when its standing still)

killerscott
02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
So when a car is standing still, it's supposed to look like it's going 200MPH?

(It looks blury when its standing still)

Ha ha... Sell it. That game is no good in my opinion. Doesn't look anything different from the last 2.

l Maximus l
02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Need For Speed: Most Wanted kicks so much ass...if you haven't played it, I strongly recommend it if you want a solid racing game that's a lot of fun :)

Crazy Joe
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
stupid EBgames told me they would only give me like $13 CDN in credit for this game... guess I'll keep it.

ll Mista GT ll
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
So... does anybody know why?

m4oH
02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Is it only in multiplayer mode? Cause you never said anything about single player. If it's only in mp then it's most likely a defect.

ll Mista GT ll
02-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Is it only in multiplayer mode? Cause you never said anything about single player. If it's only in mp then it's most likely a defect.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Its not the game, beause I returned it and the same thing happens. Do you think there is an option where I can turn it off Is it just programed into the game like that???

DJ tx
02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey Cadillax,

Well I have been playing PGR3 constantly, both in Solo Career, Online Career, and Playtime racing friends at home. Anyway, I haven't noticed what you are referring to. I will play it when I get home from work and let you know if I notice the same blurriness in playtime or not.

ll Mista GT ll
02-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey Cadillax,

Well I have been playing PGR3 constantly, both in Solo Career, Online Career, and Playtime racing friends at home. Anyway, I haven't noticed what you are referring to. I will play it when I get home from work and let you know if I notice the same blurriness in playtime or not.

Thanks man. So when you are standing still, the enviroment around you (the grass, rails etc.) will be blury Remember to check for that.

TheCovenant
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks man. So when you are standing still, the enviroment around you (the grass, rails etc.) will be blury Remember to check for that.

MOTION BLUR!

the car is standing still, yes, but the camera is moving at nominal speeds. DO you know how fast a camera has to move around the car? Is has to run a circumference of about 30 feet in under one second.

The focal point is the car, which is why it looks crisp but the environments look blurry. The farther away an object is form the camera, the fast it has to move across the screen, creating more motion blur in further thing, like the environments, than closer things, like the car and street.

I guess since im really into film, and camera's, I find these things obvious, so i apologize for the sarcasm, but yea, its a VERY graphics card taxing graphical effect (like hdr, and paralax mapping) and it looks really nice when applied. Very realistic in the sense of movement and diologues of speed and direction.

This effect is alaso used heavily in the new fight night round 3 game, perfect dark zero (when you look up and down), and dead or alive 4 (during Critical hits). Last generation a few games attempted it, such as Shadow of the Collossus, but too much graphical prowess would be dedicated to it, and there couldnt be much going onscreen at once.

does this clear ANYTHING up at all?

l Maximus l
02-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Clear as oil, Covenant....jk :D

MatrixMaul
02-24-2006, 12:38 AM

as a moderator and man of the cloth, it is a technological advancement.

Its called motion blur.

Its pretty much like covey said, go outside and get a camera, or even a camera phone, and pan quickly. You'll notice the motion blur in it too. Motion blur is an everyday perception illusion that is now being integrated into videogames. If you think that it is a problem with your game, its a problem that you dont know the solution to. Research "motion blur", or when you think a game is too "bumpy" look up bump mapping (editor note: or paralax mapping).

Nothing's wrong with your game.

DJ tx
02-24-2006, 09:10 AM

Well Caddy,

When I got home from work yesterday I played a few races in playtime...it was just me as my girlfriend wasn't home yet...but anyway, I didn't notice any blurriness that was irregular. I always notice a small amount of blurr as others have posted here, which is the visual effect for depth perception and motion. But I have seen nothing that makes me think something is wrong with ym game. Everything I see in PGR3 looks amazingly real.

One thing to mention, I did not think to test using different views such as the ****pit view, or being closer or further from the car, I only tested my normal view, which is the second furthest away 3rd person view. Also, I only tested one track, which was one of the london maps, Ithink the old town loop or somethinglike that. Aand finally, I have a standard TV, I don't have HD yet unfortunately...so its possible if you have HD that maybe this is why you see it differently than I do.

Other than these ideas, I'm not sure what to tell you. If you have a regular definition TV then I think maybe you could reply to this and let me know if a certain track is the best in order for me to see what you are talking about as well as which viewing mode you are using and I can try again to reproduce the effect you are talking about.

That's all I know.
later

Whisper
02-24-2006, 12:20 PM
stupid EBgames told me they would only give me like $13 CDN in credit for this game... guess I'll keep it.

wow.. that is so ****ty.. 13$? I wouldn't even give them Kabuki Warriros for 13$

ll Mista GT ll
02-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Guys, come on.

I said...

I find it hard to believe that in real life, when a ferrari is STANDING STILL (ie. at a stoplight) the driver will see motion blur. I'm not dumb... I know what motion blur is.

I'll try to export some screenshots.

Crazy Joe
02-24-2006, 03:06 PM
wow.. that is so ****ty.. 13$? I wouldn't even give them Kabuki Warriros for 13$

ya i know, guy said it had dropped dramatically... i think it's poo.

ll Mista GT ll
02-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, here are some pics. Since I have no flash on (because there would be a glare) there might be a bit of unclearness....

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/4815/xbox3600658tq.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7099/xbox3600649zn.jpg

TheCovenant
02-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Guys, come on.

I said...

I find it hard to believe that in real life, when a ferrari is STANDING STILL (ie. at a stoplight) the driver will see motion blur. I'm not dumb... I know what motion blur is.

I'll try to export some screenshots.

:sigh:

i give up. Yes, cadillax, your game is the only one that does that, go trade it in for one that works, or get your precious 13 bucks, i hear you can buy a used pgr 1 with that kind of dough.:confused: