PDA

View Full Version : Too many 6.5-7.5 Xbox games lately.

Dave
02-24-2002, 06:29 PM
Unless I really want a game really bad, I pretty much see what the people who have bought the games review it overall say at Gamespot, then decided if the game is worth a gamble. The truely great games really do get either get high 8.5-9.5 out of 10, but like every recent xbox game has been getting 6-7's of ten by the people who own them.

Even though I have not played a lot of these games, I just do not want games that are just okay, and I have been waiting for some must own games for xbox, but have not seen any since halo. The great games are hailed as great by the people who bought them, I do not care what Gamespot says, but Xbox games are getting so-so reviews by the game owners overall. Almost all of the time I feel the overall review of the games I own now or in the past by the owners of the game was either fair, or if anything was too high in some cases, and Xbox games overall lately have not been anything spectacular by the people who purchased them overall. Some please some of the people but few are pleasing everyone, and that is because the games are not great. Good or okay, but not great.

It's not just Xbox, I have not seen much need to have games popping up for Cube or PS2 either the last few months, but it would be nice to see one arrive here soon. It's kinda getting old hearing this game will be the next must own for xbox, then reading it's just a good or okay game instead of a great game. Xbox is a great system, and I bought it for great games. I did not buy it for just good or okay games. These recent games are not doing the system justice. It's gotten pretty common here to see a lot more excitement the day before the game is released, then the day after. I a couple games released for xbox break that trend soon.

gula
02-24-2002, 06:35 PM
Its not GameSpot's opinion on games, its you own.

batman46st
02-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Dont worry man the time will soon come where we get the games that will make this system it just takes time. Im not sure wat games u like or own. However im sure you've herd about Brute force the game that might possibly beat halo,or Marrowind supposly one of the greatest rpg's that will be made. As in this month (feb) how about new legends or genma onimusha both are great games. In fighting right now i truly like and think RAW is a real good game(i recommend renting it first).Hunter the recogning seems to be a **** good game. Im sure the find a game in this site will help you find your game of choice..

SmileBit
02-24-2002, 06:53 PM
You can bet every penny when Gamecubes high caliber games come out this summer itll be rare to see a game under 8.5.

fear_this
02-24-2002, 07:04 PM
Don't worry man. X-box has a list of games that are going to blow many things out of the water. Games such as, WIGGLES! , The Matrix, Brute Force, Tony Hawk 3, and a lot more. Just cant think of them.

SmileBit
02-24-2002, 07:08 PM
I dont know what you people see in BC other than nice graphics?

gula
02-24-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
I dont know what you people see in BC other than nice graphics?

Why is BC good? Because Peter Molyneux made it, and everything Peter Molyneux makes it is good.

I don't see how you have much fun with pink fluffy characters...

High caliber games? Ha, give me a break, Nintendo will delay all their "good" games till next year.

If you want more games, get XBox, but if you want few limited games, get a LameCube.

From your posts, you seem to be a Fanboy. Why are you at XBOXaddict? Why don't you go back to your Nintendo forums filled with 12 year olds talking about how they are getting grounded by their mothers...

List of XBox games coming out and that are out:

4x4 Evolution 2
9 Worlds
Airblade
Airforce Delta Storm
All Star Baseball 2003
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Amped 2
Animaniacs
Antz Racing
Apprentice Knight
Aquanox
Armada 2 Exodus
Artic Thunder
Azurik: Rise Of Perathia
Back Pedal
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Barbarians
Batman:Vengeance
Battlefield 1942
Battle Engine Aquila
Battle For Dune
Battle of the Planets
BC
Bistro Cupid
Black and White
Blade 2
Blademasters
BMX
Blood Omen 2
Blood Rayne
Blood Wake
Bond: Agent Under Fire
Bounty Hunter
Brain Box
Breed
Broken Sword 3
Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon
Brute Force
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout
Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Call of the Dragonfly
Castle of Shikigami
Cel Damage
Celestial Realms
Championship Manager 4
Championship Motorcross 2002
Chase
Chris Edward's Inline Skating
Circus Maximus
Collin Mc Rae Rally
Comanche
Commandos 2
Conflict: Desert Storm
Conseal
Cops
Core
Crash!
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crazy Car Championship
Crazy Taxi 3
Crazy Taxi Next
Crimson Sea
Crimson Skies
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Curse: The Eye of the Isis
Daredevil
Dark Angel
Dark Shores
Dark Summit
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 3
David Beckham Soccer
Dead Center
Dead or Alive 3
Dead to Rights
Defender
Desert Storm
Dino Crisis 3
Divine Divinity
Dominion
Doom 3
Downforce
Dragons Lair 3D
Dreadnoughts
Dronez
Duality
Duke Nukem Forever
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Enclave
End Game
Engalus
E Racer
ESPN International Winter Sports
ESPN MLS Extra Time 2002
ESPN NFL Prime Time 2002
ESPN WInter X Games Snocross
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
F1 2001
F1 2002
Fahrenheit
Fairflight
Fate
Fatherdale: The Guardians of Asgard
Fifa 2002 World Cup Soccer
Fifa World Tour Tennis
Freaky Flyers
Fuel
Fusion Frenzy
Futurama
Gaia Blade
Galleon
Genma Onimusha
Ghost Recon
Giants
Goblin Quest
Good Cop, Bad Cop
Gorkamorka
Gothic 2
Grand Prix 4
Grand Theft Auto 3
Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt.
Groove Runner
Gun Metal
Gunvalkyrie
Halo
Heaven and Hell
Heli Heroes
Hitman 2
House of the Dead 3
Hunter The Reckoning
Internal Pain
International Superstar Soccer 2
Iron Storm
Isle of Man T.T.
Jet Set Radio Future
Jetsprint MX
Jikkyou World Soccer
Jimmy White's Cueball World
Jockey's Road
Johnny Drama
Judge Dredd: Dredd v.s. Death
Jurassic Park: Project Genesis
Kabuki Warriors
Kehl: Fury Unbound
Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer
Kengo: Legacy of the Blade
Kessen 3
Kung Fu Fighting
Knights
Knockout Kings 2002
Last Ninja: The Return
Legend of the Blademasters
Legend of the Sun
Legends of Wrestling
Lego
LMA Manager
Loons Fight for Fame
Loose Cannon
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lost Continents
Lotus Challenge
Mad Dash
Madden Football 2002
Madiges Flight
Maelstrom
Malice Kat's Tale
Master Slave
Maximum Chase
Max Payne
Mechwarrior X
Metal Dungeon
Metal Gear Solid 2X
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Microsoft Hockey
Mike Tyson Heavyweight Boxing
Minority Report
Mission Impossible 2
MLB Slugfest
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Moto GP
Mouse Adventure
MX 2002
MX 2003
Myst 3
Nascar Heat
Nascar Thunder 2002
Neverland Saga
New Legends
NBA 2K2
NBA 2K3
NBA 2Night2
NBA Inside Drive 2002
NCAA 2003 Football
NCAA College Football 2K3
NFL 2k2
NFL 2K3
NFL 2Night2
NFL Blitz 2002
NFL Blitz 2003
NFL Fever 2002
NHL 2002
NHL Hitz 2002
NHL Hitz 2003
Nightcaster
Nightmare Creatures
Nobunaga's Ambition
Nomads
No One Lives Forever
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysse
OMF: Battlegrounds
Operation Flashpoint
Orchid
Outlaw Golf
Ozzys Black Skies
Panzer Dragoon
Phantasy Star Online 2
Phantom Crash
Piledriver
Power Smash 2
Pirates: Legend of Black Kat
Pirates of Skull Cove
Prisoner of War
Project ABC
Project Earth
Project Ego
Project Gotham
Project KX
Project Y
Psychotoxic
Quarterback Club
Rallisort Challenge
Rally Championship Extreme
Rally Trophy
Rayman Arena
Ready To Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Red Card Soccer
Reign of Fire
Relics: The Absolute Spirit
Republic: The Revolution
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Ricochet Rocket
Ridge Racer 6
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech
Rocky
Rolling
Runebird
Sacrifice
Sam and Max
Savage Skies
Sea Blade
Sega GT 2002
Seraphim
Sergent Cruise
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Shayde: Monsters v.s. Humans
Shenmue 2X
Shrapnel: Urban Warfare 2025
Shrek
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Silent Space
Simpsons Road Rage
Smashing Drive
Soul Calibur 2
SK8
Soldier of Fortune
Spiderman: The Movie
Spy Hunter
SSX Tricky
Star Trek Elite Force
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Obi Wan
Star War Starfighter: Special Edition
Street Hoops
Strident
Stung
Style Laboratory
Superman: The Man of Steel
Swat: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tekki
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Tetris Worlds
Test Drive
Test Drive Off Road: Wide Open
The Cleaners
The Devil Inside
The Gladiators: Arxel Tribe
The Matrix
The Thing
The Unholy
The Unseen
Thief 3
Thunderstrike 3
Timesplitters 2
Title Defense
Toca Race Driver
Tokyo Extreme Racer 3
Tomb Raider: Next Gen
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2X
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
Tour De France
Toxic Bunny
Toxic Grind
Transworld Skateboarding
Tranworld Snowboarding
Transworld Surf
Triangle Again
Triple Play 2002
Trophy Bass Fishing 5
Turok Evolution
Tyco R/C
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Tap Out
Unreal Championship
Urban Warfare 2025
U.S.S Antartica
Ultimate Blade of Darkness
Vexx
Villeneuve
V.I.P.
Vulture
Warhammer Online
Warzone Online
Whacked
Wiggles
Wings
World Series Baseball 2K3
World Wrestling Federation
Worms Blast
Wrath
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
WWF: Raw
Xavier Fox: The Lost City
X Chaser
X Isle
X Men: Next Dimension
Yager
Zan Kabuki

340 To Be Exact. :D

fear_this
02-24-2002, 07:49 PM
Wow thats like, 301 Games. ;)

Dave
02-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Batman brings up RAW, and it's a perfect example. I like the game, but can only give it a 7.5, because the game is not good enough to get a 9 or 10 on the Xbox. Did THQ even attempt to use Xbox's power on this game? Hell no they are allready hyping up a WM game that has all the modes they never bothered putting in RAW, and the graphics look just as good. That was nice of THQ to put more effort in Cubes WM game, and shows they had no intent of even trying to use xbox's power advantage at all.

I know it will be a while until programmers get the full potential of xbox, but at least try to use what you can now. Hell use the extra power and sell the games for 60 bucks if you want instead of 50 for all I care. All they try to do is slightly enhance PS2 graphics, and in some cases, just make game like RAW that will be blown away by WM in a few months.

Have you sen a huge difference in PS2 vs. Xbox games? Xbox is 3 times as strong, have you seen programmer even attempting to use that whopping advantage? I have not myself, and like i said I would spend more money if need be to get these programmers off their lazy ass's and attempt to use Xbox's power.

gula
02-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Batman brings up RAW, and it's a perfect example. I like the game, but can only give it a 7.5, because the game is not good enough to get a 9 or 10 on the Xbox. Did THQ even attempt to use Xbox's power on this game? Hell no they are allready hyping up a WM game that has all the modes they never bothered putting in RAW, and the graphics look just as good. That was nice of THQ to put more effort in Cubes WM game, and shows they had no intent of even trying to use xbox's power advantage at all.

I know it will be a while until programmers get the full potential of xbox, but at least try to use what you can now. Hell use the extra power and sell the games for 60 bucks if you want instead of 50 for all I care. All they try to do is slightly enhance PS2 graphics, and in some cases, just make game like RAW that will be blown away by WM in a few months.

Have you sen a huge difference in PS2 vs. Xbox games? Xbox is 3 times as strong, have you seen programmer even attempting to use that whopping advantage? I have not myself, and like i said I would spend more money if need be to get these programmers off their lazy ass's and attempt to use Xbox's power.

It is also true that Halo only used 40-50% of the XBox's power.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Yo gula, i heard that someshere too man, about HALO using only about 40-50% of the XBOX power!!...Well if thats the case, then dam!! I am for once, at a loss for words!

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Dave
02-24-2002, 09:11 PM
I hope Halo only did use 40-50%, because I will not have to replace my Xbox for a very long time if it did. But if Halo only only used 40-50%, I guess some games only use like 10% of xbox's power because they completely suck ass compared to halo.

SmileBit
02-24-2002, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gula
[B]

Why is BC good? Because Peter Molyneux made it, and everything Peter Molyneux makes it is good.

I don't see how you have much fun with pink fluffy characters...

High caliber games? Ha, give me a break, Nintendo will delay all their "good" games till next year.

If you want more games, get XBox, but if you want few limited games, get a LameCube.

From your posts, you seem to be a Fanboy. Why are you at XBOXaddict? Why don't you go back to your Nintendo forums filled with 12 year olds talking about how they are getting grounded by their mothers...

Lets see who the real Fanboy is?

Gavediger:
4 unwarrented insults
Uses names like lamecube
Cant appreciate unparralelled and unriveled gameplay.

I think thats you.

X Box NOR PS2 will be able to compete with Gamecube this summer. Its a second launching.

BTW Nintendo will own this Mays E3!!!

Highlite23
02-24-2002, 09:28 PM
I think everyone can rest assured the games will come. It's true that the latest games havn't been earthshattering but there have been some fun,entertaining games. I look at it this way, the box has been out 3 months and i have 7 games i really enjoy, not one of them will collect dust. On top of that, i have probably posted this a million times, remember PS2 had the same dilema for the longest time after being released. Don't panic, this system is very solid and it will be showcasing some awsome games in the near future.;)

Frostberg
02-24-2002, 09:59 PM
I thought everyone knew gamespot was bias!

JADE8704
02-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Personally, i dont listen to the reviews made by other people...its exactly what its meant to be, a persons OPINION...for example, of course a big fan of RPGs who has never ever played a sports game in his life would give a football/basketball game a low score because they're more inclined to like RPGs and vice versa...it really depends on the person BUYING the game to decide whether or not it is worth the money..i've learned this the hard way...i once had nfl fever 2002, it was a great game though sometimes it kinda got frustrating, but i listened to gamespot and their review and sold the game for a measly $30! now, looking back, i regret listening to them and from now on i'm listening to my own opinion and my own tastes

eddy

Rock2
02-25-2002, 12:46 PM
I think Gamespot is very very biase. Who cares what they think? They must be published by sony or something.

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Gee, if I had the same opinion as the idiots over at Gamespot, I would never give the XBox a second look :rolleyes:

All I know is that I love my XBox...I played Halo for 12 hours straight last weekend! (Last Saturday, in fact). And, yes, my life surrounds my XBox :D

And, to think of it, I got this game all the way back to November 15th!! I mean, this game has already paid for itself 10 times :)

The only game I have played in the last month is Amped and NFL Fever....I just can't get enough of Halo's multi-player...I'm getting pretty d a m n good at this game and kicking the crap out of a lot people on Gamespy :D

To anyone that owns a LameCube:

Try playing on-line with it....good luck. Try creating game saves on the hard-drive...good luck. Try having more than two controllers plugged into it....good luck. Try ripping your own personal CD collection so you can listen to it while playing your games...good luck. Try system linking other LameCubes to your LameCube...good luck. Try playing something that doesn't have the word "Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, or Link" in it's title... :D Okay, that last one was a sword in the side...but, you get the picture :D

Wu3000
02-25-2002, 04:33 PM
lamecube is lame, but i must admit that im going to buy a lame cube and get a gift reciept, so i can get my money back....because i am a die hard metroid fan,

like i said ill buy it, beat metroid then take it back.
and trade metroid in for something xbox.

umm well thats my thought on gc and thats all i have to say about that. xbox will never get sold.

wu

ShannonX
02-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

To anyone that owns a LameCube:

...Try having more than two controllers plugged into it....good luck...

:o *whispers in your ear* "the cube has 4 controller ports".

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA

:o *whispers in your ear* "the cube has 4 controller ports".

**gets PoS2 headrush** **shakes head with violence**

oh.... :confused: