PDA

View Full Version : Was the XBOX 360 made with Japan in mind?

Imperius
03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
There is alot of information which is not clear, but here are some questions we need to be asking about the xbox 360.

Question #1 - Was the Xbox 360 with Japan in mind?

Evidence: In the beginning, the ourcolony video explained the xbox 360 as being an inbreath, or breath in. Japan is noted for having feng shui in their culture. An electronic device that is based on that philosophy might sell better (perhaps thought by microsoft?).

Question #2 - Why is the xb360 white?

Evidence: The color of the Xbox 360 is clean and shows it to be technologicly sound. These are traits that the Japanese enjoy.

Question #3 - Why were there a lack of 360's in america and canada?

Evidence: Microsoft blames it on..oh what was it again... production problems? But isn't it more likely that they had to short change north america to ship more 360's to japan for their supposed takeover of sony country (japan).

I like microsoft, but when they lie or don't keep promises, they don't admit it. (ie - popular xbox games backwards compatible.). Who the hell plays that fitness xbox game anymore?

Anyway, I didn't make this post to badmouth microsoft, merely to open your minds. mmmm minds... *drools

Best Regards,

Imperius

vman
03-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Question #3 - Why were there a lack of 360's in america and canada?

Evidence: Microsoft blames it on..oh what was it again... production problems? But isn't it more likely that they had to short change north america to ship more 360's to japan for their supposed takeover of sony country (japan).
well, you're bound to have shortages with a worldwide launch. nobody has ever done it before so it was just an ambitious step that MS took cause they thought it would be worth it. Japan had excess 360's not because MS gave them more... its cause they just didnt sell like hotcakes.

Yellowlab
03-03-2006, 03:50 AM
I would disagree with a few points... The shortage in North America is not really due to the Japanese launch. Japan only received about 150,000 Xbox 360s... that would have done absolutely nothing to cure the NA shortage. Heck, MS has rolled out about 800,000 more to NA since the launch, and you still can't find them readily available on the shelf.

As for the backwards compatibility, a lot of the crappy games that do work on the 360 were a result of what you could call luck. When they would do the emulation for one game, sometimes a few games would work under that same emulation. For a hypothetical example, they would do the emulation for Grand Theft Auto and find that Barbie Horse Adventure would work with the same code. It's not like they set out to make games like Barbie and the Yoga Fitness game BC.

I was actually only expecting about 10-20 games to be BC, and was pleasantly surprised when they came out with a list of over 200. However, I rarely ever use my 360 for my Xbox games as all my game save data is on the Xbox, and I also have more desire to play the new 360 games than I do my old ones. BC is highly over-rated in my book.

Imperius
03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I forgot to take the global launch part into consideration. Well that makes more sence, but what about the other two hmmm *wink

Mex1can
03-08-2006, 05:17 AM
I would say that the XBox 360 is appealing to me, the white does give it a clean look and makes it look techy...

Doesn't mean that it was JUST meant for Japan.

Also, having it breath in just makes it seem like it's big, strong and powerful.
A must in today's techy world.

Also, one goal of Microsoft was to win over Japan... So why not throw in some things that would give the Japanese a stiffy?

Why not please your biggest challenge?

I can kind of see where your going with this, but... I'm going to have to disagree with all of your points.

FuNkY mOnK
03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
If Microsoft had 900 million Japan related RPGs and no FPS for the 360, then i would say yes they had the Japan market in mind.