PDA

View Full Version : I was this close to getting a 360!!!!!

CharlieHustle
03-06-2006, 07:38 AM
This friday i had the opportunity to but my 360... The problem was that it was a regular core system, so i had to buy a HD and the VGA cable, and thats not including a game. So, i would be still playing xbox games after paying about $450. It didnt matter to me because i held out for too long listening to other peoples and my students braggin about it so i had to have mine.. Anyways, while i was in compusa(which was the only store which had a 360 in tallahassee), i was at the counter to purchase it, and i had an epiphany(sp?), i had better things to do with this 450 dollars at this moment instead of buying this videogames. i.e. brakes for my car, and other important stuff that i have been putting off. So, i Grudgingly put it back and walked out of the store. I was semi depressed for that friday evening, but i felt a world better by getting new rotors and braked for my car. Cant drive my 360 to work...... Im planning on getting it by july, even better, my girlfriend is planning on buying it for me, and she despises me playing videogames. But since i prioritized, she told me that shell take care of it.

CENCEE
03-06-2006, 08:07 AM
This friday i had the opportunity to but my 360... The problem was that it was a regular core system, so i had to buy a HD and the VGA cable, and thats not including a game. So, i would be still playing xbox games after paying about $450. It didnt matter to me because i held out for too long listening to other peoples and my students braggin about it so i had to have mine.. Anyways, while i was in compusa(which was the only store which had a 360 in tallahassee), i was at the counter to purchase it, and i had an epiphany(sp?), i had better things to do with this 450 dollars at this moment instead of buying this videogames. i.e. brakes for my car, and other important stuff that i have been putting off. So, i Grudgingly put it back and walked out of the store. I was semi depressed for that friday evening, but i felt a world better by getting new rotors and braked for my car. Cant drive my 360 to work...... Im planning on getting it by july, even better, my girlfriend is planning on buying it for me, and she despises me playing videogames. But since i prioritized, she told me that shell take care of it.

Let me show how a Latino Brotha would have done in your shoes...

1). I would have brought da 360; knowing that I had the $$$ in the first place and that was your first intentions.
2). Buy the HD cable then Return the REG. Cables that came wit them. (They won't know)
3). F about the games; that's why there's Rentals.
4). I would make my Girlfriend pay for my breaks cause she is the reason why, they gone in the first place... For taking her out and crap.

This is what i would have done... "Please note that taking my advice may lead into a breakup"

:cheers:

Dj Logical 1
03-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Let me show how a Latino Brotha would have done in your shoes...

1). I would have brought da 360; knowing that I had the $$$ in the first place and that was your first intentions.
2). Buy the HD cable then Return the REG. Cables that came wit them. (They won't know)
3). F about the games; that's why there's Rentals.
4). I would make my Girlfriend pay for my breaks cause she is the reason why, they gone in the first place... For taking her out and crap.

This is what i would have done... "Please note that taking my advice may lead into a breakup"

:cheers:

HAHA that is so true!!!

Now i need help, i rented mvp ncaa baseball like a month ago and coutning, i still havent returned it. HA what should my excuse be.

Ninjermy
03-06-2006, 08:41 AM
You made the smart decision man. The 360 seriously lacks games. Be patient. They will all still be there to play once you can comfortably afford it!!

CENCEE
03-06-2006, 08:58 AM
HAHA that is so true!!!

Now i need help, i rented mvp ncaa baseball like a month ago and coutning, i still havent returned it. HA what should my excuse be.

Where did u rent it @?

Maybe, i will be able to help u out.

vman
03-06-2006, 11:23 AM
im waiting for a price break before i get me a 360

CENCEE
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
im waiting for a price break before i get me a 360

U must not have a job or your parents take care of you... That's why @ times i love being an Adult because u can buy whatever u want because u make that $$$ not your parents.

But i feel you on the price so, :cheers: 2 that!

CarGuy
03-06-2006, 12:26 PM
You could've had a lot of fun with XBox Live Arcade. Fight Night+Arcade=Lots of fun. You made the right decision though..

CharlieHustle
03-07-2006, 08:16 AM
ill be aiight, i can hold out for a couple more months...

ll Mista GT ll
03-07-2006, 10:11 AM
You made the smart decision man. The 360 seriously lacks games. Be patient. They will all still be there to play once you can comfortably afford it!!

Sucks not having a 360, eh?

:rofl:

CENCEE
03-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Sucks not having a 360, eh?

:rofl:

ooooh!!!! :rofl:

CharlieHustle
03-07-2006, 10:32 AM
well.....yeah it does. I have an xbox and i only play splinter cell chaos theory and college hoops 2k6 now, but its just the fact that theres a better system thats out there thats gettin to me.

CrazyCougar
03-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Like stated before, the game selection right now isnt that large. But after the month of March it may irk ya a little more that you dont have one with all the game coming out. But you have your priorities straight which is all that matters. The 360 will have a larger library when you get yours, as well as some of the games may have dropped in price too. So you should benefit the whole way around.

Smiley7853
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Man, Ive been bustin my ass trying to get my hands on a 360 for like, the last three months. the old lady at wal mart has been lying to me. see tuesday here is delivery day for wal mart, so I usually go then to try and get my hands on one. however, there was a young girl there today who said the shifts had changed a way back and now they get there shipments on thursdays. she said they have gotten 3 shipments of 360's in on the last couple of mionths thursdays, and they were selling out by friday. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT CRAP!!?? god damnit, I could have had my hands on a 360 last month.I hate old people sometiimes.

FuNkY mOnK
03-11-2006, 04:09 PM
You say you have students, i hope you're not an english teacher.

Uchiha Sasuke
03-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Question.....

When's the next shipment spose to be due? I've had the same option to buy the Core Bundle numerous times but passed it up in waiting for the Premium.

~Will

swivel
03-12-2006, 04:03 PM
I thought MS said a couple weeks ago that the shortages would be over in a couple weeks?

I'm with the earlier poster who thinks that the system will be a better buy once the library grows. I think it would be wise to wait for the next holiday season, when all the great games are coming out, and you'll be able to get Oblivion for $39 instead of $59.

CharlieHustle
03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
You say you have students, i hope you're not an english teacher.

Actually, no im not an English teacher, im a math teacher.