PDA

View Full Version : GRAW demo?

greenpyro
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM
so, i remember hearing a while back that there would be a demo for GRAW coming out around end of February, beginning of March, around the same time as the demo for The Outfit. so yeah, GRAW comes out this thursday ( or maybe friday i can't remember), and is said demo actually gonna hit the marketplace before then? Does anybody know what happened to it?

mrmp3
03-06-2006, 10:40 PM
At least what I'm hearing, it's coming sometime after release. And I think the game comes out as early as Tues.-Wed. if i'm not mistaken.

Go420Dawgs
03-06-2006, 10:48 PM
The game ships tomorrow. My good buddy who's a manager at our local EB said they would have it on wed. afternoon.

Gamertag : VainestGoDawgs

I just renewed my XBL account so add me if you'd like. I sent maximus a friend request already. But i would like to get some others so I can play with my fellow XBA brethren.

greenpyro
03-06-2006, 11:43 PM
tuesday or wednsday? well i guess we can only hope!

l Maximus l
03-07-2006, 01:53 AM
I thought the actual game comes out on March 17th or something...am I off on this? Or were you guys referring only to the demo.

Sorry, I've been out of the loop...I just moved my residence and am trying to get myself updated.

I was GRAW so bad it hurts... :D

ll Mista GT ll
03-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter will be released on

* 10th March 2006 on Xbox 360
* 17th March 2006 on Xbox
* 31st March 2006 on PlayStation 2
* May 2006 on PC DVD-ROM

On the PC delay, here are some questions answered by Mathieu Girard, Producer on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter:

Why do you delay the game?
To achieve better quality and deliver all the features we wanted to have in the game. GRAW PC is a project developed specifically for this machine so its development cycle was different from that of the other platforms.

Can you remind us what the main differences between consoles and PC versions are?
We have a gameplay that is very different from the gameplay of the console version; for instance the ghosts are controlled in a way that is specific to the PC, with a much more accurate order system. This involves adapting all the game content (including reprogramming completely the enemy AI) and tuning it to this way of playing. We shared the storyline and setting of the XBox 360, but all the rest had to be reworked, to appeal to a GR1 audience while at the same time taking into account the new PC specific features. The other major differences are, of course, full first person control, and PC-specific multiplayer modes.

What are the ambitions of the PC version?
We had some very ambitous designs for the multiplayer, and we did not advertise on the exact content until we were sure to be able to deliver it. Things such as simulating a fully interactive physical environment over the network were risky, but we are now comforted that the cooperative mode will deliver unprecedented experience of multiplayer gameplay. The domination mode is also very promising as it changes the control of areas to something more interesting than simply capturing flags. More info to come soon.

:) March 10th :D

yall
03-07-2006, 08:15 AM
I have had both Gamestop and EB employees state they will have the game in the store today. Both websites hace today as release dates.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/homepages/xbox360/

http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?sect=1270

For the record, the EB that I frequent here in Buffalo always has releases on the shipping date listed on their website. So if that trend continues, I should have GRAW today.

Whisper
03-07-2006, 10:48 AM
let us know.. im eager to play.. not that my blockbuster gets games the week of shipping anyway :(

yall
03-07-2006, 10:56 AM
I have had both Gamestop and EB employees state they will have the game in the store today. Both websites hace today as release dates.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/homepages/xbox360/

http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?sect=1270

For the record, the EB that I frequent here in Buffalo always has releases on the shipping date listed on their website. So if that trend continues, I should have GRAW today.

Is there an 'eating crow' emoticon? Calls placed to both EB and Gamestop revealed that they expect to receive shipment tomorrow morning, not this afternoon as originally expected. :crying:

CrazyCougar
03-07-2006, 11:15 AM
All about location. The game is in people's hands already. (So much for trying to get any #1's on the leaderboard for achievements..LOL) My Eb told me they might get it today, but to definitely expect it tomorrow. Toys R Us is expecting them today.

yall
03-07-2006, 11:36 AM
All about location. The game is in people's hands already. (So much for trying to get any #1's on the leaderboard for achievements..LOL) My Eb told me they might get it today, but to definitely expect it tomorrow. Toys R Us is expecting them today.

Yeah. I'm gonna try T.R.U. as well.

CENCEE
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
This will be my 1st Ghost Recon game to play on LIVE and I am eager 2 play this that i hope it doesn't dissapoint me. :confused:

I

Go420Dawgs
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
My manager buddy up at EB called and said yah it ships to stores today but Corporate sent and email to him stating no one will be able to purchase the game til tom. But I am going to go play it here in an hour or so when it arrives there. :)

l Maximus l
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm so not going to go home after work without stopping at a game retailer :D